Neverending Story 3: The Ongoing Brexit Thread

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by The Biscuitman, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody didn't read the article...

2. Don't need the article as the subject has been discussed on Dutch tv.

3. One of the weird things they mentioned on tv was that they talked about Dutch with both parents born in the Netherlands or with all four grandparents being born in the Netherlands.

To put that in perspective first it has to be mentioned one cannot distinguish native Dutch from non native Dutch as we donot register race or religion or country of origin in our citizens database. This is because of the German occupation using our very good pre war population database, which included info like religion, for their painfully effective hunt for Jews. So after the war all that was scrapped.

Once someone is born from parents who themselves were born in the Netherlands, there's no way to distinguish them from native Dutch, apart from how their names sound.
    So in that bunch they mentioned as shrinking "proper Dutch" they included people who were second or third generation imports.

In my family about for of my aunts married Moluccan men in the 1950ies, who were brought to the Netherlands after the independence of Indonesia. Also marriages in my family took place with Dutch-Indo people.
    The Moluccan and Dutch-Indo men were considerably shorter than the Dutch, even before the growth spurt. We are now in the 4th and 5th generation and my nieces of the 4th and 5th generation are taller than than 1.75 meter.
    So about how many of that former Dutch-Indies influx are we talking? The Moluccans came in with about 12,000 people, the Dutch and Dutch-Indo repatriation was about 300,000-400,000 people. These now are about 1.2-1.4 million.
    The migration of people with now 2nd generation presence is too short ago to have bridged the gap in length with the Dutch. On top of that immigrants tend to have more children than Dutch in the first settled generations. So there's a reason to not fully trust what the researchers are saying, when they refer to Dutch with two parents or 4 grand parents born in the Netherlands. It means nothing.
    I watched the length of my family members with the Dutch-Indies roots each generation grow and no shrinking compared to their parents.

4. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Pffttt... they're all stupidfaces anyway so who cares.

Dr. Wankler repped this.
  5. A good illustration about that 2001 length issue is the length of Dutch soccer players born in or around 2001.

6. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then what did Dutch TV say about stagnant height stats among people born with four Dutch grandparents, as per the study?

Oh and do provide evidence.

7. ??
    See above.

8. I think this is interesting for you, the link to the extensive CBS article itself. It's in Dutch, so you have to use google translate. That can give some off resulting translations, but when you think a part is iffy translated, copy it and PM it to me, so I can check it and if necesary correct it.
    https://www.cbs.nl/nl-nl/longread/s...gteontwikkeling-van-nederlanders/3-resultaten

9. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    You're really brave when you know you have backup! :rolleyes:

FLO FIGHT.gif

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  10. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No I'm not gonna PM you. I'm gonna take this one out on you right here. From this link, translated:

You make this far too easy.

ceezmad repped this.
  11. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you think TLW would back me up you're mistaken :(

12. It only shows I've no ego to protect. I give the info on subjects necesary to make opinions, whether these are pro or against what I posted.
    On the PM offer, it wasnot to discus in private the subject, it was an offer to correct Google translations if YOU thought the translation is off.
    Boy, you really are something, arenot you? To morph a genuine offer inbto some thing to keep things out of sight.
    Yeah, it just shows the difference between you and me.

13. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of us can read and the other cannot?

xtomx repped this.
  14. Selective reading isnot reading better.
    The quote you made is just a tiny bit of the whole report and exactly the part they havenot justified in the rest of the report dealing with it.
    You're so wrong, it's painfull.
    I already gave hints why the CBS can't draw conclusions dividing the population in "original" Dutch and the rest.
    You have no clue about Dutch society and show it each time you start about it.
    By the way, how are the birth numbers for august 2021?

15. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Dutch birth numbers for August are, as I expected last year, quite good. Because Dutch families postponed (or delayed) births to avoid the first COVID lockdown. Again, as I said.

16. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    How does one delay birth?

17. :ROFLMAO:

18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Take the matter in hand?

xtomx and song219 repped this.
  20. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Takes one to know one... :eek:

21. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be more specific, they delayed conception.

xtomx repped this.
  22. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

23. The Biscuitman

The Biscuitman Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Empty supermarket shelves, energy companies going bust and others pushing their prices up, and now petrol stations running out of petrol

Tory Britain is just going swimmingly isn't it....

24. lanman

lanman BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 30, 2002
    Reports going around that they're going to relax the visa rules to get allow more HGV drivers into the UK to relieve the supply chain pressures.
    Which is strange as they have been repeating that the driver shortage is a Europe-wide thing, so how are there spare drivers to come over?

Naughtius Maximus repped this.