Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Given the (from what I've heared) surprise to him he was locked in after that friendly match I doubt he really made a choice.

2. TFC Ajax

TFC Ajax Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Greater Toronto Area
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    IIRC, he accepted the call up for Morocco without realizing that he would be locked in, but he was told on live TV before officially made the switch that he wouldn't be able to switch back. He was surprised, but said that he had to keep his promise to play for them. He seems like a bit of an idiot to me. I hope other young Dutch Moroccan kids like Nouri see him as an example not to follow

3. Well, after the short hickup of lost form back on track winning and scoring. Dirk did dive for the penalty. Surprised it wasnot caught by the vid ref.

4. A comfortable win over Vitesse and now waiting who is getting hurt in Amsterdam, PSV or Ajax.
    Wonder what other Feyenoord fans think to be the best outcome for tomorrow's match for us.

5. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    8-8 (and 4 red cards, 2 to both teams)

I would be willing to grant ajax 1 point for a great 8-8 game. If not that, hope PSV wins obviously. They are less smelly and Ajax for me remains the by far biggest contender for the title. Just through sporadic individual talent displays they can win games they shouldnt, and will do so. I rate Bosz quite highly as I said before the start of the season and they seem to be clicking better and sooner than I hoped.

What do you think?

6. :D
    In my dream last night I saw Kluivert play, so that cannot be right for that is about 20 years ago, but he was red carded for a foul in the penalty area, so that was nice:D.
    Guardado returned from Mexico, where he was allowed to recover from his injury and also clear his mind as he has been active without much recovery time too long. The Dutch commentator in the soccer programm talking about him said Guardado looked happy after his rest period. Hope he hurts Ajax this afternoon.

The PSV defense is rock solid with Moreno and only conceded 7 goals. With a happy Guardado back in the midfield maybe the attack will feel inspired to convert all the chances into goals. Meanwhile PSV lags 9 points after Feyenoord’s win and Ajax 6 points with their match at hand. So for my club I think a draw would be the best outcome.

7. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You might be the only one! I think the Jong Ajax trainer, Marcel Keizer, has a better grip on what Ajax need to do to become a decent football club.

8. Well, I got the Christmas gift I wanted. Both contenders lost 2 points. Guardado took my wish a little bit to literally. I ment footballing wise.
    Now the question is how we are going to manage the absence of Karim.
    If Morocco isnot eliminated early he will be back by 5th feb 2017.
    So he will miss Roda, Willem II, Vitesse Cup, NEC.
    What is the best thing to do? Is it replacing Karim or should there be reshuffeling of the team?
    First that comes in the picture is Tapia. How is Gustafson doing, by the way?

9. Brad Jones is in the UEFA star team of the qualifying round of the Europa League! Not bad! The battle for the place in the goal is going to be intense when the injured players are healthy again.

10. Rumours about Karsdorp:
    " Manchester United targeting £15m deal for Feyenoord ace Rick Karsdorp in January transfer window

[​IMG]
    gossip
    Sean Kearns for Metro.co.ukSunday 18 Dec 2016 11:57 am

[​IMG]
    Rick Karsdorp is a target for Manchester United in January (Picture: Getty)

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho will bid £15million for Feyenoord ace Rick Karsdorp in the January transfer window as the Portuguese eyes competition for Antonio Valencia.

Valencia, 31, has been one of United’s star performers so far this term but the choices beyond the Ecuadorian are weak.

Karsdorp, 21, has played against the Red Devils twice so far this season in the Europa League and Mourinho was said to be left impressed with the Dutch international.

According to the Mirror, United will test Feyenoord’s resolve in January to keep the right-back with a £15m bid for the defender.

While the Dutch giants would rather keep Karsdorp for the remainder of the season, United’s bid would be difficult to turn down.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2016/12/18/manch...anuary-transfer-window-6330427/#ixzz4UN32VtUt
    "

I wonder if those guys just write without any check on facts. Rick isnot going anywhere in january, as we are in a title fight. If he's sold, we can cash 18 million euros, but miss out on the CL bonus by not winning the title. So in fact we gain nothing by selling him now. He's going to be worth as much, and most likely more in the summer. Still than also not a time to sell him. Unless the management become brain dead all of a sudden, they can make the maths too.

11. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    They (english tabloids pretending to be something else) are probably the best in the world when it comes to what they can write and ''lie'' about without getting sued. Not worth reading, ever.

+PL+ repped this.
  12. For some time nowI've been watching with great interest the performance ofAlireza Jahanbakhsh at Heerenveen. I wonder if he would be a good target to sign by Feyenoord.

13. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I have thought that also, but was hoping they would have gotten him from NEC before he went to Heerenveen. With Toornstra, Berghuis, and Basacikoglu all playing on the right side, we would only need a backup to Elia on the left, where Bilal could also play. Thus we may be well enough stocked with wingers.

Feyenoord with a 2-0 win away to Roda JC today. Here is how the starting lineup looked without El Ahmadi.

Jones
    Karsdorp, Botteghin, van der Heijden, Kongolo
    Vilhena, Toornstra
    Kuyt
    Berghuis, Jorgensen, Elia.

Jorgensen set up Kuyt and Elia for the two goals. His 1-2 play with teammates is one of the big differences between this season and last. He now has 12 goals and 10 assists in 18 league matches.

Nieuwkoop came on for Karsdorp right near the end. I wonder if Feyenoord are going to try to accelerate the progress of Nieuwkoop given how the Brit clubs are lining up moves for him. I want to see some $illy money this time, no cutrate prices.

14. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    For the record, Alireza Jahanbakhsh is the player at AZ Alkmaar and I think is the person being referred to here since he previously featured at NEC. Heerenveen's striker is named Reza Ghoochannejhad. He's bit older, being a career journeyman having traveled between many different leagues and clubs before this season.

15. My bad, it is AZ of course.

16. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Yeah, I was thinking Jahanbakhsh, who played for NEC. I just forgot which club he joined and you just reminded us.

BTW, I mis-worded a sentence above in my post to make it seem like British clubs were interested in Nieuwkoop. They aren't. It is Karsdorp who has drawn interest and Nieuwkoop would be Karsdorp's replacement in the Feyenoord backline.

17. Epitome990

Epitome990 Member+

Jun 27, 2013
    Club:
    SV Werder Bremen
    Nat'l Team:
    Austria
    Speaking of NEC though, Feyenoord should consider signing the youngster Jay Roy Grot. He'd be a solid future striker candidate, if Jorgensen gets sold later on in a few years.

18. Scrappy win, (also due to a referee/linesman error nullifying a proper Elia goal) but the pressure is now with PSV and Ajax who both face tough opponents tomorrow, but Ajax a little bit more so than PSV as they go away to Utrecht.

19. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Only scrappy because of the referee's.. We were simply alot better but worryingly so did leave alot of space between our defenders and midfield at times for them to break into. Good stuff all considering though. Ajax and PSV need to drop points. As you said tough opponents where as we had an easy fixture. The reverse will be true in no time.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You guys are in the driver's seat. You just don't drop points to lesser teams the way Ajax and PSV do.

aveslacker repped this.
  21. Ehhhh, .....Go Ahead Eagles:(

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    everyone has an off day!:thumbsdown:

23. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Funny to see that El Ahmadi is having a pretty bad african cup...I found him very average in the first game against Congo and he was just awful last game against Togo, nothing to compare with his Feyenoord performances...

24. The sooner Morocco goes home, the better.

25. Vitesse gets hopefull for the cup match. The reason is that Feyenoord's midfield is in shambles. The strategist El Ahmadi is in Africa for the African Cup (demmit they won and qualified for the next round), Vilhena is suspended and just now Toornstra got ill.
    Wonder what Gio is going to do.