Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  2. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    So, if Feyenoord could pony up €2m, from some other source, to go with the €4m from Vlaar's sale, they could afford Castaignos. I suspect he would prefer to return to De Kuip than to go to some other Eredivisie club.

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wasn't Vlaar in a talent pool construction though? How much goes to the player negotiator and to taxes? A good chunk of that 4M will not end up in Feyenoord hands I presume. Then again I know the friends of Feyenoord have created a very nice financial construction. Don't know if that has any influence on the talent pool money that needs to be payed when selling a player. Are those the same people? Do they say: "never mind, keep it?". Or is it separated and do they want their money back? Dunno.

Why is Manu not tested more in striker position? He is rumored as a talent, he is strong, so why not play him, even if it is not his first position?

4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Talking about money, Feyenoord does get 105.000 Euro for the Castaignos transfer to Twente as they have educated him.

5. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I heard it was 6m or something.

6. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I missed Orange14's post.

7. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
  8. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Avarage age of the team is 21.5 years now, apperently theres a budget of 400.000 to bring in an experienced (older) player to bring some kind of stability and balance. Hope they find what they are looking for, but nevertheless the youngsters are going to battle Dynamo Kiev tonight, an incredibly good team they have and am excited how especially our midfield will hold up against them.
    Last year Feyenoord shined in all the biggest games, lets hope that the newbies have intergrated fast enough to continue that excellent quality.

9. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Starting lineup in Kyiv:
    Mulder;
    Janmaat, De Vrij, Martins-Indi, Nelom;
    Vormer, Clasie, Immers, Leerdam;
    Schaken, Cisse.

32' Singh replaces Janmaat, pushing Leerdam back to RB.

0-0 at the half.

10. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    3 men back to defend against 2 and they get beat. Terrible positioning by Feyenoord to go down 2-1.

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Only saw the final 25 minutes or so. Feyenoord was not a match for a very physical Dynamo team down the stretch. Clasie had maybe only two touches on the ball during this time. Poor defending and Koeman wasn't too happy about the go ahead goal. Still have a chance on the home match next week but it will take more inspiring play.

12. Quackmore

Quackmore Member

Jun 5, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well, you did see the worst part of the match. If you only saw the first 60 minutes, you'd think Feyenoord would be favorites for the return.

13. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    2-1 final in Kyiv. Immers set up Schaken for the Feyenoord goal around minute 49. Then Feyenoord gave up two soft goals, one a mistake by Mulder. Still, Dynamo were much better in the second half than first. Good match for Feyenoord in the runup to the season start.

Vormer was Feyenoord's MoM for me. When he was replaced by Vilhena, around 71', then things began to fall apart.

14. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    First half was sloppy from Dynamo, Feyenoord was disciplined and Dynamo didnt really get a single chance. Huge contrast to the last 30mins of the second half where Dynamo showed their quality and we were very lucky to go down only 2-1.
    Hard to draw conclusions from the game. Dynamo is a big big team and 3 games in season, Feyenoord is still shaping its team. But I think we have a chance at home, especially if we give a 4-3-3 high-pressure tactic a chance, they dont look too solid at the defense.

15. Bran

Bran Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Nijmegen
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Mulder has got to go. He showed steady improvement in the second half of last season but he is still way to mistake prone. You can't make mistakes like that on this level.

16. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well this game was a game of two parts. Before and after the Vormer sub. Big mistake on Koemans part. After the sub Dynamo got all kinds of chances. Distance shots, close shots, shots on the woodwork, headers etc. .

I think the whole team gave their all. Everybody worked hard and was prepared to do everything in their power to get a good result. Another important happening in the game was the injury of Feyenoord's right back Janmaat. This meant that Leerdam was taken off midfield and put back on his familiar spot of right back. I though Janmaat brought muscle and upward threat with his shots on goal. Leerdam on the other hand brought balance on midfield. I also though Leerdam on right back had not a good understanding with Schaken. The passing between the two was sub optimal. So 1 injury triggered a small quality implosiong overall as the incoming man Singh needed the time until the 70th minute to adjust. In those 45 minutes between coming in and the period he did better he was the worst player on the field. I mean horrible. Offensive, defensive. He was in LaLaland. So we are talking about 1 injury with 3 bad consequences.

The goals of Dynamo were not necessary, but if you look at the chance creation percentage in the game especially in the final phase of the game, Feyenoord can't complain. The first goal was a result of Immers being a handicapped player. He worked hard, but he could have been send off with a red card and was a bit of a blind bull. He gave away a free kick, while Feyenoord was mainly in problems with the standard situations. In the normal field football Feyenoord was quite control IMO. So he should have been more carefully. The free kick was given and Mulder stumps the ball not away to the sides, but forward against the players, in this case Immers. Wrongly processed.

The second goal was the result of no pressure on the ball by Immers and the BMI not being alert with the man behind him. BMI was also one time beaten with a free kick or corner by Dynamo's central defender.

The best man on the field however by a mile was Clasie and was awarded with a public sub in the 89th minute. Interception after interception and of course the pass to Immers that lead to the only goal for Feyenoord scored by Schaken. It was the opening goal of the match and I had high hopes after that. His corners are bad and a counter goal for Dynamo was almost the result of his only corner.

I also liked Cisse in this match. I am happy for him that after all his injury's he seems to come back strong. Schaken was alive and scored. Mulder despite his mistake had so many saves, that he did not have a bad game IMO. I don't think his mistake opened the gate. That was due to another choice made by someone else, managing the team.

I thought Immers despite his assists and hard work makes football more dumb. He also was nasty one time by stamping on a foot and in general was wild. Singh was a huge liability in the 45 minutes of Lalaland, after that I saw some football in the boy and good tracking back at times. Vilhena was strangely enough a bit timid apart his opening actions. Leerdam is better on midfield I think. BMI has to improve his aerial power.

All in all I feel that not the best result was achieved. I would have liked to see the game unfold with Vormer on the field for 93 minutes. Maybe a 1-1 could have happened. Koeman has some explaining to do. Was he unhappy with a detail of Vormer's game while he was responsible for soaking up a lot of problems? Didn't he had eye for that?

Feyenoord has still a chance to go through at home. The 12th man will be present and will make a lot of noise.

PS

I am curious if Feyenoord was not able to make the Vlaar deal a bit later and play him in these two games? Has van Geel made the most of the situation?

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^interesting comment about Vlaar. I wondered the same thing on the second goal and think he would have held a good position on that. It's not like Aston Villa are playing in Europe and he would have been cup tied for them.:D Good analysis of the match and I'm sorry that I missed the first half of the match as I was hoping Feyenoord would get a result today.

18. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Was their intention, but both Vlaar and Villa were afraid of a possible injury and didn't comply.

19. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    That makes sense. Sucks for Feyenoord though.

20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Looks like Mathijsen is joining the club. I hope that they are not over paying given his injury history in the last two seasons.

21. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Mathijsen would be an excellent mentor for De Vrij and Martins Indi, and take some pressure off from the youngsters. I regard both SdV and BMI as promising prospects for the future. In fact, I'm betting SdV will leap high in development this year now that the old guards (Vlaar, El Ahmadi, etc) left. This is his team now...

22. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    They are. They offered him a 3 yr deal while Ajax wanted him for only 1 season with an option to another.

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^3 year deal??? Have they not learned from past mistakes? This is just crazy if true. Look at how much help Gio, Maakay, Dahl-Thomasson were and they all had expensive contracts. I guess the Ajax fan part of me welcomes this dumb spending.

24. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Imagine that, me and an Ajax fan agreeing on something! ;)

Feyenoord need a striker more than a central defender. De Vrij and BMI are good enough for this season and they have cover with Ramsteijn and Kongolo also. I thought that we had learned our lesson about taking in aging and expensive former stars. :rolleyes:

25. runnerup

runnerup Member

May 15, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    But (regarding Matthijsen), experience is welcome, where all players made their European debut last week. The gap in experience is very large (WC final, starter in the NT for over 6 years) but I hope it won't be overcompensated by the decline in Joris' quality.
    Useful in the short term, potential problem in a few years. Or is Joris willing to take up an Ooijer role in one or two years?