Never heard a sweeter sounding word than Feyenoord part 2

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by feyenoordsoccerfan, Jun 4, 2012.

1. https://nos.nl/artikel/2343438-ats-...l-als-voetbaltrainer-mysterieus-als-mens.html
    ATS: Ernst Happel succesvol als voetbaltrainer, mysterieus als mens
    upload_2020-8-10_14-39-35.png
    "Wat kennis van het voetbal betreft, was hij wereldkampioen. Een betere was er niet."

Het zijn de lovende woorden van Franz Beckenbauer over Ernst Happel, in de jaren 70 de succesvolste clubcoach van zijn tijd. Met de pers sprak hij echter nauwelijks, waardoor Happel als persoon altijd mysterieus bleef.

"As far as knowledge of football is concerned, he was world champion. There was no better one there."

Franz Beckenbauer's words of praise for Ernst Happel, the most successful club coach of his time in the 1970s. However, he hardly spoke to the press, so Happel as a person always remained mysterious.

2. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Rinus Michels was more succcessful.

3. Nope.
    upload_2020-8-10_20-55-34.png
    upload_2020-8-10_20-58-33.png
    upload_2020-8-10_21-0-7.png
    upload_2020-8-10_20-54-40.png
    upload_2020-8-10_21-1-3.png
    upload_2020-8-10_21-1-43.png
    Not as a coach nor as a player.

4. Demmit. Sven van Beek again heading for the surgeon with his ankle.
    Man, how unlucky can one get.
    Get well soon, Sven.

5. Seems Messi wants former Feyenoord player Wijnaldum to head to Barcelona, according to donballon.
    https://www.donbalon.com/futbol/laliga/leo-messi-encuentra-solucion-solo-vale-40-kilos
    El principal problema de la operación reside en la cantidad que pide el Liverpool para dejar marchar a su centrocampista. Jürgen Klopp ha tasado al holandés en 40 millones de euros, una cantidad que actualmente es imposible de asumir para el Barça. En el Camp Nou deben comenzar por las salidas antes de firmar nuevas incorporaciones, pese a que esto pueda dejarles con poco margen de maniobra. A todo esto se une que el técnico alemán del Liverpool prefiere vender otras piezas antes que a Wijnaldum, lo que terminaría de complicar la ecuación para que el holandés vista la elástica azulgrana este mismo verano.

The main problem of the operation lies in the amount that Liverpool asks to let their midfielder go. Jürgen Klopp has valued the Dutchman at 40 million euros, an amount that is currently impossible for Barça to assume. At the Camp Nou they must start with the exits before signing new incorporations, despite the fact that this may leave them with little room for maneuver. To all this is added that the German coach of Liverpool prefers to sell other pieces before Wijnaldum, which would end up complicating the equation for the Dutchman to wear the Barcelona elastic this same summer.

So after Gio van Bronckhorst another Feyenoord top player in their ranks. if they can find the money.

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dutch offensive into Germany repelled at Duisburg

7. Feyenoord are allowed to have 13,000 fans in the stadium in the first three home matches.

8. Van Persie about how he acts as the attackers coach. Use google translate if interested:
    https://www.fr12.nl/nieuws/54845-van-persie-ik-ben-op-vrijwillige-basis-trainer-bij-feyenoord.html
    Robin van Persie gaat aan de slag als columinst van De Telegraaf. De oud-Feyenoorder siert de cover van de krant en gaat elke maand een bijdrage leveren aan Telesport. Van Persie gaat schrijven over de ontwikkelingen binnen het voetbal en natuurlijk de club waar hij nu actief is als spitsentrainer.

''Ik ben op vrijwillige basis trainer bij Feyenoord'', vertelt Van Persie. ''Dick Advocaat vroeg me of ik de spitsen en voorhoedespelers wilde trainen. Om de grappen die over mijn vertaalde uitspraak zijn gemaakt dat je geen ’nee’ tegen Dick zegt – ’I can’t say no to Dick’ – heb ik gelachen. Voetbalhumor hoort erbij.'' Van Persie hoopt als spitsentrainer te ontdekken of het trainerswereldje iets voor hem is.

''Ik doe mijn werk nu wel al zo professioneel mogelijk. Ik zou met mijn sporttasje aan kunnen komen bij de club en er op gevoel een leuke training uitgooien. Maar dat doe ik niet. Ik ga, zoals een paar weken terug, op zondag naar De Kuip om Nicolai Jørgensen en Robert Bozenik aan het werk te zien. Ik maak aantekeningen en bereid op grond van hun wedstrijden mijn trainingen voor. Ik probeer veel nieuwe aanvalsvormen met ze te trainen als ik op dinsdag op 1908 ben.''

''Op zo’n dag bij de club geniet ik. Het zijn ouderwetse trainingsdagen en ik voel me one of the guys. Ik ben ook met de trainers bezig, praat met de begeleidingsstaf, maar als het even kan breng ik ook tijd door met de jongens. Die echte voetbalsfeer blijft het fijnste. Alleen op het veld probeer ik echt een trainer te zijn, die alles kort en duidelijk uitlegt. Ik doe alles in het Engels, ook richting de Nederlandse spelers omdat Nico en Robert zich één met hen moeten voelen.''

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I assume that will be the same for Ajax. It should help with the finances but it's not the same as having 50K supporters watching the matches!

10. I would create family stands, so you can have family members sitting next to each other and then space between them and the next family. In that way you can squeeze more fans in the stadium without violating social distance rules.
    I bet you can get at least 25,000 in the stadium that way with 3 members per family.

11. Feyenoord seems to be close to signing João Carlos Teixeira, a 27 yo Portuguese midfielder.

12. Feyenoord won it's first match against PEC Zwolle 0-2, but it was flattered.
    PEC Zwolle most of the game were a match or even better than Feyenoord.
    The midfield was something like awol.
    However Berghuis made the difference. I really hope Sinisterra comes back soon.

In the late summer I watched several mls matches in the "Florida tournement".
    One Yank Ajax fan (not Orange14, but Wynasomething) has the habit to trash the right side of the Eredivisie table as terrible. PEC was last season one of the bottom 5, but what PEC shows I noticed the mls clubs I watched are incapable to put on the pitch. The difference in quality is staggering.

13. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    How did Linssen do. Can he become NT material by playing at feyenoord.

14. He had a meh performance against PEC. Not bad, but not good either.
    You never know how players develop/tap into unknown inner sources when playing for better teams than their former clubs. Just look at Dirk Kuyt.

15. #2990 feyenoordsoccerfan, Sep 14, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
    Feyenoord complains about the new promotion/relegation system for young teams. It makes getting the Feyenoord young team up into the second tier much more uncertain than in the old arrangement. The main reason for the change by the knvb seems to be that the regular clubs don't want too many young teams in the league. So in order to promote Feyenoord a young team has to relegate out of the KKDivisie.
    These are the rules for relegation. Use google translate if interested.
    https://www.ed.nl/psv/degradatie-dit-seizoen-mogelijk-voor-jong-teams-hoe-werkt-het-precies~a8be7396/?referrer=https://www.ajaxfanatics.nl/nieuws/overige-elftallen/306342/aankomend-seizoen-kan-jong-ajax-degraderen-uit-de-eerste-divisie?utm_source=headliner.nl&utm_medium=link&utm_term=free&utm_content=textlink&utm_campaign=Headliner.nl&referrer=http://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/hoofdnieuws/133666/belofteteams-kunnen-degraderen-uit-eerste-divisie

Degradatie dit seizoen mogelijk voor Jong-teams, hoe werkt het precies?

De voetbalpiramide in Nederland is vanaf dit seizoen toch weer een beetje open. Voor de beloftenteams althans. Voor het eerst sinds de entree van Jong-ploegen in de eerste divisie (in 2013) kunnen ze deze voetbaljaargang degraderen. Niet zomaar, want er zijn tal van waarborgen ingebouwd om Jong PSV, Jong Ajax, Jong AZ en Jong FC Utrecht in de Keuken Kampioen Divisie te houden.

Rik Elfrink 26-08-20, 17:12 Bron: ED
    Uitsluitend het laagst geklasseerde beloftenteam kan komend seizoen degraderen naar de tweede divisie en dan alleen als die ploeg buiten de top-10 in de eindstand valt. Daarmee is een sportieve stap terug nog lang geen feit. Eindigt de betreffende Jong-formatie op plek 11 tot en met 18 in de eindstand van de Keuken Kampioen Divisie, dan is er mogelijk een beslissende tweestrijd (uit- en thuisduel) nodig. Dat geldt alleen als een Jong-team kampioen is geworden in de tweede divisie. Tegen die formatie wordt dan het beslissende tweeluik gespeeld.

Alleen als een Jong-team op plek 19 of 20 eindigt in de eerste divisie, kan degradatie direct een feit zijn. Dan moet wel een Jong-team in de tweede divisie als eerste of tweede in de eindstand zijn geëindigd. Die laatste ploeg promoveert dan naar de Keuken Kampioen Divisie.

Vangnet
    Waarom deze regels zijn ingebouwd? Bijvoorbeeld Ajax en PSV hebben de afgelopen zeven jaar forse investeringen gedaan om met hun talentenploeg betaald voetbal te kunnen spelen. Ze zijn al jaren overtuigd van deze weg en gebleken is dat jonge spelers zich uitstekend kunnen ontwikkelen op het tweede niveau van Nederland. Alleen al bij PSV konden Pablo Rosario, Steven Bergwijn, Cody Gakpo en Sam Lammers dankzij die wedstrijden flinke stappen vooruit zetten. Voor jonge spelers kan spelen in de eerste divisie ook een vangnet zijn, op het moment dat ze bij het eerste elftal buiten de boot vallen. Zo kon Mauro Júnior begin 2019 bijvoorbeeld een half jaar bij Jong PSV overbruggen en viel hij niet stil.

So Feyenoord wasnot happy, but if Young Ajax keeps on losing it might become funny after all.:)
    http://www.ajaxshowtime.com/article/hoofdnieuws/134080/ook-met-hulp-van-ajax-1-wint-jong-ajax-niet
    "Also with the aid of Ajax 1 young Ajax can't win."

16. Teak

Teak Member+

Feyenoord, VfB Stuttgart, Valencia
    Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    That would be interesting. I already subscribe to ESPN+, which is now owned by Disney. For a few dollars more each month, I could pick up the Disney channel. ESPN+ is again showing some Eredivisie matches this season, mostly Ajax, PSV, and Feyenoord.

17. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I watched the entire match and thought Diemers actually did a fairly good job of holding up the ball, and sending in some good passes. It was Fer who was trying to dribble out of the defensive zone only to lose the ball, which started PEC counter attacks. And Kokcu seems to disappear at times, and doesn't bring a whole lot of offense. I want to see Teixeira get some minutes which might get Orkun a bit more involved.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We got it a couple of months ago to watch 'Hamilton' Not much else of interest other than the Star Wars movies for me.

19. Yeah, our midfield was in a way awol like. Just good luck that Berghuis had no repercussions from his lung infection.

20. Teak

Teak Member+

Nov 22, 2008
    Grain Belt
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Not even on Hulu? I have Netflix now and that is plenty of choice for me. I would spring for Disney only if a Feyenoord reality show gets picked up.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We have Amazon Prime, Netflix, Hulu, Sundance Channel and maybe one more. there is not much to do for the two of us these days. I write a daily COVID-19 newsletter covering all the clinical and scientific advances which takes about 3-4 hours depending on how many papers I have to read. I'm glad soccer season has started up as that gives me something else to watch.

22. https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...jn~a4727940/?referrer=https://duckduckgo.com/

Feyenoord's team doctor, the world famous pancreas cancer researcher Casper van Eijck, starts a research to look if it's safe to let in more visitors at soccer matches. This research will be done with virologist Annemiek van der Eijk, the Virology section of the Erasmus MC, the GGD Rotterdam-Rijnmond, the city of Rotterdam and staff members/collaborators of TU Delft and the Wageningen University.
    During the 6 home matches research the fans/participants can be checked/tested even without complaints and each week answer 3 questions on the app of the research.

Orange14 repped this.