Never Forget Where You Come From, Otherwise known as the Manchester City Map Idea.

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, Jul 24, 2007.

1. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where'd all our photos go?

2. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bump in case anyone else wants to join in.

I am just going to stick this.

3. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, I'm Kevin from Alexandria on this thing.

4. Mikey007

Mikey007 New Member

Feb 21, 2008
  5. South East Citizen

South East Citizen New Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Exiled in Kent
    I'm added. My family's from Clayton before we moved down south which is a stone's throw from the Stadium. The team that went on to became Utd were based in Clayton (the shame!), but I can assure everyone that that area of East Manchester is blue thru and thru now!

6. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Welcome to our Board Mikey007, glad to have you with us. Look forward to your posts.

Lynne

7. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Welcome to you too SEC, we're a friendly bunch here and as you've no doubt found out, cover the world. :D Hope you get chance to add to our posts.

Lynne

8. SweetOwnGoal

SweetOwnGoal Member

Jan 5, 2003
    11.9986 km from BMO Field
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I mostly--well, pretty much only, actually--lurk on this board, but I've added myself. Stunningly, I'm the only person added in Toronto. Actually, it isn't that stunning when I think about what it's like to watch a City match at Scallywags (You wade your way through the 10 million guys wearing Liverpool strips, wedge yourself at the corner of the bar, hope that the waitress sees you, and eventually start to watch the replay--rarely live--playing on Setanta).

Such is the life. S'ok though. I could glory hunt like my brother-in-law and cheer for a certain other unmentionable team. I'll squeeze into my little corner of the bar and like it, thank you very much.

9. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Hi and welcome to our forum, what took you so long? Like at Scallywags, we need the support and your postings on all things Blue Moon related.

I don't live that far away from Toronto, Burlington and Chinesefootballfan lives somewhere near Toronto as he was asking which bar he could go to to watch City matches with other fans. Perhaps you two can hook up?

Back in the UK, I too was one of a few City fans that used to lurk in the pub surrounded by fans of the unmentionable team. Great fun to watch their faces if the team wasn't playing well, the language was very colourful!

Looking forward to reading your posts.

Lynne

10. phillymancity

phillymancity New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Kennett Square,PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to see i'm not the only City supporter in PA! I wish there was one closer to me(I'm on there in kennett square pa pictured with my boys) This is mostly an area of Mexican LFP, and MLS Dc United fans But hey at least I can raise them to be city fans!:) My oldest can play soccer next year, he;ll be 3, I can't wait to share the beautiful game with him::D

11. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mushroom Capital City Fan...nice. I'm on the otherside of Philly. I visit my buddy in Exton all the time though. Any good soccer bars out that ways?

12. phillymancity

phillymancity New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Kennett Square,PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really any in Chester County that I know of, however in nearby Northern Delaware there are two excellent bars, that will show many soccer games. They are Stoney's on 202, real easy to get to, here's they're website: http://www.stoneyspub.com/(click on the logo to enter). Also in the Trolley Square section of Wilmington, Catherine Rooneys is an excellent bar, it almost always has a game on. http://www.catherinerooneys.com/ Be warned though, it is all on street parking, its not to hard to find , but you might have to walk a few blocks wheras Stoneys has a lot. But to get from Exton to both would only be a half hour or so. Hope this helps!

13. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweet! I'll def check them out. If for the sole reason of avoiding Sales tax.

14. thanatos80

thanatos80 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Burien, WA
    Hi all. Just added myself to the map. I've been a City fan since the late '70s, because of the City/Seattle Sounders connections (Joe Corrigan, Tommy Hutchinson, Kevin Bond, Nicky Reid, Steve Daley). Mostly a lurker on the MCFC forum, but I am a regular poster on the Seattle Sounders MLS forum. With all of the quality players City has picked up, this summer, that have pushed some talented players to the bench, maybe the MCFC front office could consider sending a few the Sounders way, come January? Would love to see Didi, and/or Darius, in a Sounders kit for '09.

15. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Sorry, hands-off our players - we have lots of matches to play, so would like to keep our full complement. :D

16. taffhammer

taffhammer New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    london
    i've a feeling your gonna need a bigger map.

17. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vassel sounds fine.

18. phillymancity

phillymancity New Member

Aug 15, 2008
    Kennett Square,PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lynne,
    But can we have a couple for our MLS Philly 2010(whatever we'll be called):) I would love to see farmilar faces in person 2010:) Just kidding,by he way Thanatos80, looking forward to seeing your team in MLS next year. I heard they've already sold something like 20,000 season tickets, crazy!

19. thanatos80

thanatos80 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Burien, WA
    16.5K, and still seven months before the season starts. We already have the largest season ticket holder base in MLS, and haven't played a match (in MLS, that is) But, we have one HUGE advantage over the rest of MLS. With Vulcan Sports & Entertainment (i.e. Paul Allen) as a partner, they have the Seahawks mailing list to try and draw STH's from, besides having the largest soccer community in the country (over 400k players, youth and adult, statewide).
    Hoping for some City players being available in the January transfer window isn't about having some familiar faces around, next year, because there will be 6-10 current Sounders on next years roster. What I want are some quality players that have competed at the highest levels, to add to the mix of USL1 players, and what we pick up in the expansion draft.

20. taffhammer

taffhammer New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    london
    so how does that work ? have you been promoted to the MLS or are you everything we dread that could happen to english football?

21. thanatos80

thanatos80 New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Burien, WA
    Well, that depends on who you ask, and what day it is. "Officially", i.e. as far as MLS is concerned, we are an expansion franchise. The majority owner is new, as are all but one of the minority partners. The crest is new, the kits are new, and from a new source, Adidas (we've been stuck with Nike for 15 years).
    But, because of the continuation of the name (est. 1974), the roll over of the entire USL1 FO into the MLS FO, the GM/minority partner remaining, 6-10 current players making next years roster, and, most likely, the same coach, this is the closest thing to a "promotion" that you'll ever see in the US.
    There's a lot more to the story, but I'd have to write a novelette. :D

22. taffhammer

taffhammer New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    london
    so are they expanding the MLS or are you taking someone's place?

23. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    Glad to have you both on-board, but now that you've introduced yourselves, all your discussions can take place in the appropriate thread. :cool:

24. taffhammer

taffhammer New Member

Jan 14, 2007
    london
    point taken and i do apologise. are you a teacher?

25. Lynne_mcfc

Lynne_mcfc New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    GTA, Canada
    No, just an assertive ex Brit!:eek: