Netherlands vs Russia Quarterfinal- Euro, 2008 [R]

Discussion in 'Knock-out Phase' started by el-capitano, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Johannes

Johannes Member

Sep 5, 2004
    USA/Netherlands
    I agree, and Russia deserved to win, but what bugs me is that the UEFA now says that the card was withdrawn because the AR informed Michel that there was no foul... Michel clearly made the "ball out of play" signal with his hands so that UEFA statement doesn't make sense at all. Why can't they admit that mistakes are made instead of fabricating some bogus explanation ?

RUSSIA good luck in the semis, if you play like you did against Holland you can beat any team !!!

2. drc003

drc003 Member

Jul 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now, now. No need for name calling.

Oh well, how about that match today? Karma's a real b*tch! :p

3. vtqn

vtqn New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    After a day having the disappointment settled down a bit, I just want to say that Sneider and Van der Vaart didn't perform on the day. Until he scored the tying goal, van Nistelrooy was subpar too. Fortunately, the let-down only occurs once every 2 years.

4. Albirrojo

Albirrojo Member

Aug 27, 2004
    2 straight unbelievable days of soccer with Turkey and Croatia and then this Russia/Holland game.

Thanks Austria and Switzerland..this has been a crackerjack tournament.

I've been following these tournaments for awhile now including some of the AFCON (African Cup of Nations), Asian Cup, World Cup but all this seems absolutely brand new and unpredictable somewhat the way the NCAA March Madness basketball tournament can be often; a great tournament to watch even if basketball isn't really my sport.