Pre-match: Netherlands vs France & England

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, Mar 21, 2016.

?

Netherlands will ... (explain your choice in a post below)

Poll closed Mar 24, 2016.
  1. ... get 6 points out of these 2 games.

18.2%
  2. ... get 4 points.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. ... get 3 points.

9.1%
  4. ... get 2 points.

9.1%
  5. ... get 1 point.

27.3%
  6. ... get 0 points out of these 2 games.

36.4%
  1. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Actually, Blind played as DM at Ajax more than he played LB (23 matches) in his last season at Ajax, which was before he had played there for the national team..

I would not be surprised to see him as DM, disappointed but not surprised.

2. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    This would be 0 football since Promes and Afellay would barely cross and Luuk will be alone and useless upfront. It's the same poor attacking schema PSV uses, and it's also what we've seen so many times with NT recently, with Promes-Afellay-Narsingh-Lens...on the wings and Huntelaar upfront.

We already know what to expect. Blind and Sneijder constantly spreading the ball to the wingers, that would fail to make a difference. Wijnaldum with a little influence and problems of positionning. Luuk alone and unable to create anything with his feet...

This 4-3-3 with a slow striker upfront doesn't work for Holland, only Robben managed to make differences everytime.

I'm only ok for a 4-3-3 with Janssen since he is more mobile than Luuk and Huntelaar and offers more possibilities.

Luuk-Promes upfront in a 5-3-2 would be different, always wanted to see a quick player next to Luuk and his pivote work.

Orange14, wilson00 and Sybe Pals repped this.
  3. Keko

Keko Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    I hope Netherlands lose both games.

4. adri

adri Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Vancouver, Canada
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    yowza, the options out wide are shocking. really wish Locadia & El Ghazi were involved.

That said, hopefully Bazoer & Janssen do well here.

5. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Blind got his first nod at DM vs Mexico. He was playing mostly LB for Man United during that time. I still remember he failed miserably at DM in that game but again it was assumed by daddy it could work out since he had played there at Ajax.

6. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You had said he played just 'a few' matches as a DM at Ajax. But I think 23 is more than a few. Regardless, I think he had played DM in a friendly v Equador prior to the WC.
    And also he had played the first 2 months at Man Utd as DM, so by that shitty Mexico match you bring up (agree with you on that one!) he had played there lots.
    This 'assumed by daddy' spin seems like a bit of a stretch to me.

Anyways - I don't want to see him play DM either!

7. richsavare

richsavare Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jan 28, 2003
    New Jersey
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #32 richsavare, Mar 22, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2016
    Blind so slow and so unathletic. That said he is automatic starter. Future Captain too.
    It's an absolute disgrace.

8. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    The game against France might be cancelled after the terrorist attacks in Belgium...

Those terrorists are really helping the dutch NT not falling too down in the FIFA ranking

9. van banger

van banger New Member

Oct 18, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I think we will struggle in both matches, maybe sneak a point from England, I hope I'm wrong!
    I don't mind seeing a 532, it will allow a lot more passing in the midfield, short passing, any team can just bomb it long and wide and this is what will happen in a 433 with this group, except for the back passing. I'm not sure how I would line the players up, but if Affelay is playing then I'm having him in a central position, simply promoting ball movement ( exactly what he has been doing so well for Stoke). I'm not a fan of players playing out of position, so Blind is out for me.
    Maybe this:

Veltman Bruma Virgil Willems VanAnholt
    Clasie Affellay Wijnaldum
    Prommes. Janssen

10. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Belgium - Portugal has been cancelled

11. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Reconsidered and moved to Portugal.

12. bunbohue

bunbohue Member+

Apr 5, 2005
    I'd like to see almost one squad for France game and another squad for England game.

France game
    Vermeer
    Veltman Van Dijk Bruma Blind Willems
    Klaassen Bazoer Sneijder
    Promes Janssen

England game
    Zoet
    Karsdorp Van Dijk Letschert Van Aanholt
    Wijnaldum Clasie Afellay
    Promes Janssen Memphis

L de Jong can come in for Janssen the last 20 minutes each game. I bench Narsingh and Huntelaar as I would not call them in the first place.

13. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Good luck Netherlands :)

DRB300 repped this.
  14. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't want to play around with the defense, we should have a similar defensive line-up against 2 tough teams. Otherwise no point in changes & we learn nothing -

France -
    Karsdorp - Van Dijk - Bruma - Blind - Willems
    Sneijder
    Wijnaldum Bazoer
    Huntelaar Depay

England -
    Karsdorp - Van Dijk - Blind - Willems
    Clasie
    Afellay Wijnaldum
    Promes De Jong Depay

15. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Blind has stated his son Daley will now be seen as a central defender for the national team... Not left back or central midfield.

Expected Netherlands XI (according to De Telegraaf): Cillessen, Veltman, Bruma, Van Dijk, Blind, Willems; Clasie, Klaassen, Sneijder; Promes, De Jong

16. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^looks like Juventus formation, but without the quality defenders or Pogba.:eek:

Antario2, Sybe Pals and Keko repped this.
  17. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Why play a CB in a 5 man Defense @ RWB - Just because he played that position @ Ajax?

I would rather play Narsingh there than Veltman - We play in a system without wingers in the 5-3-2 & then playing a CB there will kill the team.

Blind is an incredibly dumb coach!

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Narsingh has fallen so fast in terms of his ability that I'm surprised he was even called up. The only player to fall faster is Maher. Veltman is a Lichtsteiner type player and will do just fine.

19. Laurent75

Laurent75 Member

Aug 2, 2014
    Decent formation, even if I don't like the midfield

Will finally see Luuk/Promes.

20. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I am not sure about Veltman honestly - He is not fast enough, he is not a wingback - he is a ball playing CB - I don't think he fits that role at all but I think we will understand after the 2 matches - Maybe you're right!

Obviously Narsingh has fallen which is why I didn't recommend him starting any of the games, he shouldn't be here but then shows shallow the talent pool is.

21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Lichtsteiner is a traditional RB who's not terribly fast but he does decently as a wingback when Juve play 3-5-2. Anyway, Veltman is an in between player at best. He not physically imposing the way most central defenders are but he has an excellent sense of position. had Tete not been injured Veltman would have never played a minute at RB. He's a good club player but I don't think he's ever going to be a consistent starter for the NT.

22. RobinVanRobben

May 1, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Resulting in what? I don't think you're saying that to be mean!?!

23. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Gonna be 1 minute silence in 14th minute for JC

24. Sybe Pals

Sybe Pals Member

Oct 13, 2015
    Comox, BC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Netherlands XI v France Cillessen, Veltman, Willems, Blind, Bruma, Van Dijk, Clasie, Sneijder, Klaassen, De Jong, Promes

Netherlands bench: Zoet, Vermeer, Van Aanholt, Letschert, Karsdorp, Bazoer, Afellay, Wijnaldum, Narsingh, Huntelaar, Janssen, Memphis

25. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Oke let's do this.