Nery Castillo at Olympiakos part VI [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by BoostedE55AMG, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Exactly he has quality ... he can't just be benched ... and La Liga is better IMO.

2. Dos Santos

Dos Santos Member

Jun 9, 2007
    So.Cal
    La liga better than EPL? I dont know about that. There are more teams in the EPL that can challenge for a top spot. As for la liga its always Real Madrid and Barca. I also perfer La Liga, but i have to admit that theres more talent in EPL. :eek:

3. PasionPorElTri

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    They are different I guess what am trying to say is I enjoy watching La Liga way more.
    Technically I think La Liga is better.
    I think Nery would do better in Spain.
    But wherevever he may go, or stay, hope he does good.

4. grgs10

grgs10 New Member

May 26, 2007
    Piraeus,Greece
    definitely??..if this was true he would be out from june..
    Of course he deserves to play for a big spanish or italian team not a struggling side like city

5. PasionPorElTri

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    he was just waiting for bigger and better things

6. SoyOllin

SoyOllin Member+

Aug 14, 2006
    D TOWN
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well I don't think thats the case because as you see from the UEFA cup and the Champions league, certain leagues are always at the top. Also its not really smart to say that the EPL has talent either. Besides the EPL has 4 teams that are usually the only ones that are heard of and thats MANU, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal. In the Spanish Liga has Barca, RM, Valencia, and Sevilla which come to mind.

The EPL and the Liga are like apple and oranges you'll find it really hard to compare them because they are so different.

For the type of style of Nery I agree that the Liga would fit him better.

7. OliverAtom

OliverAtom Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Sector 7 Slums
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nery to Manchester City???

Oyi esto esta mañana en ESPN Radio. El padre de Nery Castillo dijo ke era cuestion de horas para cerrar el trato. No encontre nada en espndeportes.com but this this is recent so maybe they haven't posted anything yet. Does anyone have more info?? I heard it was for 15 m euros.

8. PasionPorElTri

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Re: Nery to Manchester City???

We already have a Nery thread... and yes there's rumors about this here's the thread

Link

9. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia

closed

10. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Moved

11. Mosco

Mosco Member+

Dec 1, 2004
    Sun Valley, CA

subscribed

12. ucsbrat

ucsbrat Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    nery to manchester city? can anyone else give a conformation?

13. BoostedE55AMG

BoostedE55AMG Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    It's not official. Manchester has offered 10 million pounds. (20 million Dollars)

http://www.premiershiplatest.com/news/manchester-city-swoop-for-olympiacos-ner-554004.html

Manchester City are reportedly said to have made a £10million swoop for Olympiacos forward Nery Castillo and £6.7million bid for Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini. The Citizens are also linked with Juve midfielder Manuele Blasi.

But Valencia has reportedly already offered 15 million Euros (20 million Dollars)

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=347485

According to the Mexican 23-year-old forward, the Spanish giants have yet, though, to agree in personal terms with him. However, as he explained he wants to play for Valencia.
    “I’m very happy because Valencia are a very big side. I’ll talk to the president (of Olympiacos, Mr. Socratis Kokkalis) as I want this move to be completed and to leave as a friend,” he said.
    The deal is thought to be in the region of 15 million euros.

14. mexnic

mexnic New Member

Jul 18, 2007
  15. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Believe me.

If Nery came to COMS, He would be almost assured of a starting position. For goodness sake, Our strike force couldn't hit the side of the QE2 last year.

I can understand the obvious tendancies to go to a big club, but i am hoping that he realises that Man City can be a stepping stone to something bigger ... Bringing us up with him :p.

16. RafaMarquez

RafaMarquez New Member

Dec 28, 2004
    Rosarito
    wow this is good news.

i'd like him to go to valencia, but if he ends up at manchester city that would be pretty cool too.

17. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would prefer he go to Spain, but I think he's slick enough to survive to grind of the EPL. Like you mentioned, he'd more than likely be an automatic starter...I'm totally cool with this move.

18. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I would prefer he go to Spain, but I think he's slick enough to survive the grind of the EPL. Like you mentioned, he'd more than likely be an automatic starter...I'm totally cool with this move.

19. El Kapitan

El Kapitan New Member

Aug 28, 2005
    Well if the deal goes through one thing is for sure, FOX Sports in Mexico would be showing his games on weekly basis.

I haven't heard anything about the interview that allegadly Nery's dad gave to ESPN Radio, but so far ESPN Mexico is the favorite station of the Castillo's on this side of the Atlantic to break this kind of news. If true, I guess that the deal with Man City is almost done as reported by the Mirror.

I guess that by Friday we would get the official version and let's hope for the best.

20. John Jagou

John Jagou BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 8, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    There are benefits and virtues for playing for either team. In the long run, making a splash with the citizens would absolutely cement his move to one of the huge British teams, which would raise their profile in a country that doesn't really follow the prem as much as other leagues. That could mean some serious endorsement cash for him, exposure to the prem in Mexico, and who knows, perhaps some more raza playing in england.

In the short term, Valencia would be a better deal because he would get to play in Europe. But that could only be for one year. And La Liga may suit his style better, but that should not be the determining factor.

Wherever he goes, and if even he stays in Greece, Nery has a very bright future ahead of him in Europe, and in South Africa.

21. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    South Africa ?

.... I am confused .. Maybe you mean South America ?

22. elluisillo

elluisillo Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Tijuana,Mexico
    he is talking about the world cup

23. becauseigothigh

becauseigothigh New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    I don't know if I'd put Valencia and Sevilla in the same league as the other six teams that you mentioned. Not saying that this means that one league is better or worse than the other. I just don't think that those two teams stack up to the other six.

24. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Valencia yes. Sevilla maybe not.

25. becauseigothigh

becauseigothigh New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Valencia does belong to the G14, but last time I checked Chelsea doesn't so maybe they need to change it up a bit.