Nery Castillo at Olympiakos part VI [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by BoostedE55AMG, Jun 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. becauseigothigh

becauseigothigh New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    Sounds like fun.

I think that they should take the offer if its on the table though.

2. grgs10

grgs10 New Member

May 26, 2007
    Piraeus,Greece
    Castillo just gave an interview to the radio.He said that Olympiakos looks only his good and not him.He wanted to stay but 1mil is too little coz he has offers up to 2 mil.He would stay for less money because Olympiakos its the team that loves .He told an example that Ronaldinho would not be valued 100 mil if his contract was small.(Olympiakos wants 15mil-Castillo's contract 1mil-small).The new offers he has officially from him is City and Shaktar at 13mil he will wait Olympiakos response or he will try to raise the bids.At the end said again that he wants to stay to the team but not with the current offer.

3. PasionPorElTri

PasionPorElTri New Member

Jun 27, 2005
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    What are the chances Olympiakos will raise up his contract... The way Castillo wants it to be?

4. grgs10

grgs10 New Member

May 26, 2007
    Piraeus,Greece
    The difference is small the offer he has are 2 mil to stay to Olympiakos wants minimum 1.3.
    Olympiakos offered him from 500.000p/y a new deal 1.000.000p/y.They think that Nery now is not appreciate the team and what Olympiakos done for his family.Look the money exist but its all in president's head.Keep in mind also that from a possible transfer 25percent of the transfer go to Castillo thats why Olympiakos wants as much as bigger offers for me is 50-50 to stay or go still...the reactions are mixed here some are with the board some with nery

5. becauseigothigh

Jun 29, 2006
  6. BoostedE55AMG

BoostedE55AMG Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Ok, so Olympiacos offered a 1 year extension on his contract, and offered to double his wages to 1 million euros a year...That 1 year extension is just so Olympiacos can get him one more year on the cheap...

Nery wants 2 million a year from Olympiacos??

Olympiacos said he can leave if he can find someone to buy him for 15 million Euros. Olympiacos also said they currently have a 13 million bid on the table..

Sounds like Nery is gone, since a team is only short 15% of what Olympiacos wants for Nery. And Olympiacos is 100% short of what Nery wants.

7. becauseigothigh

Jun 29, 2006
    Is that 13 million from Man city or is it the old offer from Shaktar?

8. grgs10

grgs10 New Member

May 26, 2007
    Piraeus,Greece
    greeksoccer.com makes olympiakos look good and sympathetic and castillo the bad guy..Nery wanted 1.3 even 1.2 mentioned to a site ( http://www.bam.gr/news.jsp?newsID=94834 )you cant read greek but you can understand the numbers .We are talking about 200.000-300.000 difference.All the story is sick the biggest truth is that olympiakos FORCED him to bring a big offer..im really confused we all must wait and see

Both city and shaktar made offers of 13mill according to Castillo not Olympiakos.

9. becauseigothigh

Jun 29, 2006
    I knew that somehow they would make him look like the bad guy, thats how it works. Thats good news because this could mean that Nery is definitely on his way out.

I personally think that both, team and player are just making it more of a big deal than it is. I think he's going but they're trying to get as much money for the tranfer as possible. As Nery gets 25% its in his interest and obviously in the team's best interest as well.

With his performance in Copa America and all the coverage he's been getting, this is the best time to sell, for both parties.

10. BoostedE55AMG

BoostedE55AMG Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Dunno. But i thought both ManCity and Valencia both offered 15 million Euros for him already...

11. grgs10

grgs10 New Member

May 26, 2007
    Piraeus,Greece
    From that way yes it is the best time to sell him.He is very good player as you saw but he doesnt have balance ..so this copa america possibly was the best tournament of his life.Its sad for the team though coz we have done good transfers and if he leaves we will be one step back.

12. becauseigothigh

Jun 29, 2006
  13. grgs10

grgs10 New Member

May 26, 2007
    Piraeus,Greece

yes rumors from ukraine.that was yesterday the funny part is that in the end says when Olympiakos officials asked about this rumors answered ''Nery is not for sale"".With 20 mil i think that the president would sent nery to ukraine with his private plane immediately he

14. becauseigothigh

Jun 29, 2006
    Yeah but chances are Nery wouldn't want to go to the Ukraine.

15. grgs10

grgs10 New Member

May 26, 2007
    Piraeus,Greece
    sure.the actual truth is that nery would prefer to stay here with his family his wife his child the great night clubs of athens the sun etc.

16. becauseigothigh

Jun 29, 2006
    Yeah i agree, I mean the dude's been there since he was 16. It would make sense but at the same time, he'd probably make alot more money at Man city or Valencia or wherever. And now that he's about to have a baby he probably is thinking more about the money than the nightclubs.

At least I hope he's thinking more about the money than the nightclubs.

17. grgs10

grgs10 New Member

May 26, 2007
    Piraeus,Greece
    hehehe i think he would still think about the nightclubs.It was a sign of bad luck if i didnt see him somewhere.Meanwhile Olympiakos just anounced the signing of international argentinian midfielder Cristian Raul Ledesma the bio says that had been to mexico you know him?They try hard not to focusing in nery's future.

18. becauseigothigh

Jun 29, 2006
    I don't think he played in Mexico very long, one season I think.

19. pepelutivruski4

pepelutivruski4 New Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Los Angeles
    like i've said before, olympiakos is a good club, it wouldn't be the worst thing to keep him there.
    BUT so long as he plays more. if olympiakos just wants to bench him, and start him 7 games... then they might as well sell him for $.50, cuz his new salary will be a worse investement than bergkamp's salary.

oh, and ledesma wasn't great. he didn't suck. but he's not brilliant by any means.

20. Geotrismegistos

Dec 6, 2006
    Greece
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Castillo can go ******** himself
    Im tired of his shit

21. El Pipiripau

El Pipiripau Member+

Jul 10, 2006
    Escondido!!!
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    At least you're consistent...I can see why you don't like him. For a guy who's as good as he is, he really does need to have his ego stroked constantly.

22. grgs10

grgs10 New Member

May 26, 2007
    Piraeus,Greece
    In San Lorenzo's forum say that it was the best dm this year in Argentina but maybe he was his year i dont know him well to judge.I agree with you totally.-
    Ohh dont swear castillo fellow Olympiakara he is the second foreign player who TRULLY LOVED the club giovanni was the first then nery and karembeu third.If he didnt love the club he could transfer from the first chance he got so dont be like our president .He may be a problematic player and crazy character but he gives everything for us..i prefer those players who are true rather faking fanatism like rivaldo did. end.-

23. mopey04

mopey04 New Member

Nov 27, 2005
    i bet the Arsenal fans felt the same bout Henry going to barca after 2 years of speculation:)

24. Geotrismegistos

Dec 6, 2006
    Greece
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey man,its nice to see another Greek around.Dont tell me you are a fan of Mexico too?
    To tell you the truth,i used to like Castillo before he went to play for Mexico.Not anymore.My reasons?
    He plays in Mexico while not Mexican,and even worse,he is admired like he is some kind of God.Mexicans like him even more than Marquez or other legendary guys.This is ridiculous!!!!!
    Anyway,i will not watch anymore what is happening with him,im leaving for my holidays today:cool: