Nery Castillo at Aris Thessaloniki F.C. [R]

Discussion in 'Mexicans Abroad' started by sidspaceman, Jan 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. El Chanclas

El Chanclas Member+

Nov 21, 2008
    Doubt this will happen. Discipline is too much a priority for the current National team regime. Nery is too risky and really hasn't done enough to make that a risk worth taking at this moment. I would love it if he came back strong though.

2. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Again, aca abajo.

Contrary to your opinion I don't hate Nery,. I just don't think he is all that.

3. ninjew

ninjew Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Discordia 2.0
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You're right. But more than discipline, Chepo's got these kids playing as a team and Nery doesn't look like he's learned to play in a team. He's the same ball hog he was in that Copa America.

4. Mamiferos United

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Nery hasn't demonstrated anything that would help Chepo's squad yet. For me, Vela is higher up on the wait list than Nery (Vela has already proven he can play a team game and will even help out on D... and in general is happy to get an Assist)

5. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Given his club form over the past six months, he surely hasn't warranted a call up but he was in good form going in to the Gold Cup last year and he was ignored in favor of Angel Reyna, who barely featured for the national team.

Let's not forget that Nery has been called in by every single NT coach since he's been capped (even when he wasn't playing) except for Chepo.

I do agree about Vela being higher up on the pecking order but it's not an either or situation. The NT could use both players.

6. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I'm hoping Chepo's call-up policy pays off dividends in the future with regards to these players performances for the national team.

7. Mamiferos United

Nov 6, 2011
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Not in Chepo's scheme... its Guardado (who defends & runs more than either guy) on the Left... then you need one sub who is more offensive than El Principe (if you are playing catch up) and one sub who is more defensive
    (if you need to clinch the result)... until either guy can consistently & effectively play other positions.... I don't see Chepo having both on a 23 man list.

8. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    ehh?

"Chepo's scheme" is played with one withdrawn forward, which is a spot Gio plays to varying effect and is usually moved to the wing. It's a spot both Nery and Vela can play. Vela has also played on the wing with defensive duties with la Real Sociedad this season and has played it at every team he's been at.

Besides, if what you say is true, Chepo wouldn't have included Angel Reyna, Gio and Antonio Naelson in his Gold Cup squad. Vela and Nery would only be battling these two for those spots.

9. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    you know.....realistic chances to even play with El Tri or in this guys case just successfully being part of a team should be taken into account in order to have a Mexicans Abroad thread.

Jussayin. *shrugs*

10. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

fail

11. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    If you're not a fan of Nery's, get out of here. (Watch Estevo ban me for being a fan of Nery)

12. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nery just scored 2 goals in the away 3-1 win against Doxa.

Great game by Nery, his best this season and maybe his best in the ARIS shirt.

It looks like his speed is back and he was involved in the game very much. He could easily have scored a couple more goals but he finished a bit weak.

Nery is a top class player when he plays like he did today.

I will post the goals here as soon as they are uploaded.

13. jrinsd19

jrinsd19 Member+

Sep 1, 2005
    Club:
    CF Indios de Ciudad Juárez
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Awesome!! Good for him. Hopefully a step in the right direction.

14. Wiso

Wiso Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Phoenix
    Club:
    Club León
    good to hear.. Rep for links

15. amenazaomar

amenazaomar New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    same here! waiting for links. :)
    couldnt find them myself.

16. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Great to hear this.

17. amenazaomar

amenazaomar New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    • here's the link to Nery's both goals today.
    • [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LruxYD-SGIs&feature=player_embedded"]18? ??. ???? ?????? - ???? 1-3 - YouTube[/ame]
    his first goal was good positioning with a good finish. In the second goal, i think he should of actually assisted the player in the middle making the run, as he was in far better position. Good think he scored otherwise it would've been a chance ruined because he selfishly kept the ball instead of making the pass..

Don't get me wrong, i am not criticizing Nery in any way. I am one his biggest fans, just saying i would like him to become a much more complete, team player as beautiful assists are just as good as goals, and speak a lot more of the player.

GOOD FOR NERY!!!

18. Dr. Deplorable

Dr. Deplorable Member+

Mar 31, 2007
    Kansas
    thats really great hopefully he can gain back his olympiakos form and chepo includes him in the WC roster, if anything he could at least be a game changing sub... but thats IF he can get his old self back, hopefully these recent goals mean hes on his way

19. Kaney

Kaney Sleeping Dragon
    Staff Member

Dec 12, 2005
    Lake County, IL AKA Southern Wisconsin
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    http://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/i...castillo-con-doblete-guia-a-la-victoria_40358

20. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I agree, that is something that he has to get better at. He is quite selfish and sometimes when he decides to pass he has already kept the ball to long so the chance is gone. His finish was great on the 2nd goal even though it would have been smarter to pass.

Other than that he was great. He is now the top scorer of the team with 4 goals.

21. Juturna67

Juturna67 Member+

Chelsea
    Mexico
    Aug 14, 2011
    Whittier, CA
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I thought he was sent off last game? Anyways that's really good to hear! Hopefully that is a sign that he is getting back to top form.

22. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Aris played a game after that. Ended 1-1.

23. IMperfect

IMperfect Member

May 6, 2009
    chicaligonia
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nery scores and the trolls go away. I guess Nery's superb skills do the moderating around here.

24. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why can't you just shut up and enjoy Nery's good performance? Always trying to stir things up. Please stop.

25. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    jajaja what an idiot this sock is.......anyway, good for Nery, finally earning his pay.