Nery Castillo a la seleccion?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Oct 22, 2003.

1. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    I know, this is to be expected from him.

This is coming from the guy who said that an Arellano having a mulitmillion dollar salary in Mexico was bad because the common Mexican didnt make that type of money.

Yeah, as if signing a 90 million dollar contract isnt. As if signing a 25 million dollar per year salary isnt a slap in the face.

2. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    RDL, Rafael..

It goes back to a simple idea.

The issue of passion is what differentiates TRI fans from US fans.

Then again, we have a psychotic fixation.

3. MurderCityDevil

MurderCityDevil New Member

Jul 2, 2002
    Arizona/SLRC
    On Lavolpe

I have to say something in defense of Lavolpe. There is a reason that countries like Uruguay produce so much more talented players to play in Europe. Keep in mind that Uruguay has a total population of 3.3 Million and Argentina 33 Million. I think we can agree, that race has little to do with futbol. I see no dramatic intrinsic differences between Mexicans, Argentinians or Uruguayans. Therefore how do we explain the lack of an Mexican Recoba playing at the world's highest level? Why don't the Crespo's or Claudio Lopez's of the world call Mexico home? The fact is it has to be related to the infrastructure of Mexico's youth system. Or that is to say the lack of it.

I think there are several reasons for this.

For a long time the only team that seemed to produce players was Pumas (Campos, Suarez, Aspe, L. Garcia, etc...) and then Atlas kinda stepped in relieve the pressure off Pumas in the 90's starting with Bielsa. Realistically if only one or two teams actively incorporates and seeks out talented youngsters in a country of 90+ million Mexicans we can't really expect too much.

Related to this, there are large swaths of the country that have no first division nor second division teams in their home cities, or even states.

Finally, the foreigners element which seems to be accelerating. It kinda sucks to know that even when you make it to the first div. team you still gotta compete with proven foreign players who usually have experience playing in europe and elsewhere.

What I think could help:

I wish the Second Division (primera A) was worth something. I mean half the teams move at the end of every season. It is good that the league is trying to spread the league across Mexico but it has to let the team form a bond with the people, probably the best way is to set up a viable youth program in their home city! Further many of the teams seem to be simply "filiales" of the first division teams. I mean that's fine to an extent, a place to send reservers and other young players but I think the primera A should be about letting young players compete in a competive tournament and the teams should be independent. The "Ascenso" should be a reward to the fans, not an excuse to sell off the franchise to whoever descended (Puebla and UdeC).

Realistic?

Probably not. The federation is not about the good of the National team or anything related to that, it's about quick bucks. It's about bringing foreigners in on the backs of promising 20 year old mexican kids. I dont think it's a coincidence that when there were noises that maybe the Fed. would reduce the number of foreigners on teams, the whole naturalized thing started coming out. Pathetic.

Lately though, I have been more optimistic, America, Cruz Azul and Chivas seem to invest more attention into Fuerzas basicas (Gringo Castro, Fernandez, Cacho etc...), but maybe it will just be a momentary thing. Let's hope not.

4. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA

"thats speculation. There are other variables in the equation"

A lot of Mexicans seem to believe it. Playing in el tri is SOMETIMES A BURDEN TO MANY MEXICAN PLAYERS!

If i had a penny for everytime I have heard from a mexican that the players don't sweat the shirt I would be rich. I don't hesitate to say that Gaitan for example would work a lot harder than some of the players in el tri at the moment.

"Gaitan is not better than any Mexican born player."

tell me the name of a mexican born player his age that is better than him.

"And where the hell does it say they have the right. Lets be honest, naturalized Mexicans do not have every right we have. They can not run for certain offices and why. That same principle should apply to the Mexican National team."

That is YOUR OPINION. Nowhere in the constitution does it say they cannot be in el tri. Nowhere in the FIFA rules does it say they cannot be in el tri. It all comes down to matter of opinions and you have yours and others have theirs.

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001

A lot of Mexicans seem to believe it. Playing in el tri is SOMETIMES A BURDEN TO MANY MEXICAN PLAYERS!

I think you are confusing the words "pesa" and "molestia". When we say "le pesa", it means he is not ready. When we say "Le molestia" it means its an inconvenience. Which they never say.

Its not a burden, infact its an honor. The problem is that the players and even some coaches believe that the the FMF exploit them. Take for instance Blanco's case. Blanco jeapordized his career in SPain to come down to a meaningless WCQ game against T&T. We had already qualified. There was no reason for him to go. THe FMF didnt cough up the bill. THey didnt call him up and say, "hey cuauh, doing okay?" And after that, what pissed off cuauh was that when they called him up, after traveling in Spain, the FMF paid for his ticket to go to the nat team... but the flight wasnt even direct. CMON. with all the money they make?? And yet, the players are still there.

If i had a penny for everytime I have heard from a mexican that the players don't sweat the shirt I would be rich.

That is an expression that is used loosely. If tyhey really believed that, they wouldnt watch anymore. Take me for instance, when a boxer avoids to many big fights, to lose all interest and dont care to watch him fight anymore. Its that easy. But I think you are taking the phrase to literal.

I don't hesitate to say that Gaitan for example would work a lot harder than some of the players in el tri at the moment.

Do you base this on his tendency to get carded on a consisant basis? How many times did he phuck over his team by commiting stupid fouls that led to his expulsion? If working hard means hustling, and tackling hard when there the situation doesnt present itself... then.. he is your man.

ANd I dont hesitate to say that he is in Mexico for one reason? $$$ A year and a half in Mexico and already wants to play for the Nat team? Sorry, he wants to insure a place in Mexico. THe situation is not good at all in Argentina, and his career in Europe is over.

tell me the name of a mexican born player his age that is better than him.

He was born in 77.

Gerardo Torrado 79
    Rafael Maquez 79
    Gringo Castro 80
    Chuwy Mendoza 79
    Raul Salinas 78
    Pity Altamirano 77
    Parejita Lopez 79

Then you have those players that are less than a year older than him... like Dulio Davino, Pavel Pardo, Joaquin Beltran

That is YOUR OPINION. Nowhere in the constitution does it say they cannot be in el tri. Nowhere in the FIFA rules does it say they cannot be in el tri. It all comes down to matter of opinions and you have yours and others have theirs.

You are right, no where in the Mexican Constitution, does it say that they cant be. according to the Constitution:

But, even Mexicans by naturalization do not have rights to everything.

The way the FMF is set up and registered under the laws of the land, allows them to do other things profit oriented entities are not allowed.

The FMF can put a limit on naturalized players where as a company cant. They cant just say, Che, we need born Mexican in the plant, thanks for your services, but we have to let you go.

If a Natie ever tried to sue (which you cant sue anybody in the FMF if you are affiliated to the FMF), he wouldnt be signed by an FMF affiliated team and his career would end in Mexico. If he tried to sue, he would be relaesed from the FMF and legally, could no longer be in a team that is affiliated to the FMF.

I would love for a Natie to try and sue the FMF for that. FMF bylaws state you cant sue anybody in the FMF. IF you do, your membership is terminated. That is why Felipe Ramos Rizo couldnt sue. Thats why Alberto De La Torre couldnt sue anaother member for libel, slander, etc. It all has to be inhouse.

The FMF if they wanted to can say no more foreigners or no naties, and it would fly.

So, yes there are loop holes to keep them out. FIFA does not govern our country. But Mexico does abide out of good gestures.

6. amanzo81

amanzo81 Member

Apr 30, 2003
    home
    Club:
    Club América
    Zague

Ive read most of this thred and there are some great arguments presented for both sides. One thing that seems missing is Zague's name. He was in an vary similar situation as Castillo. Foreign father playing for a mexican team. how do you guys feel about him having played for the NT?

7. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    NERY CASTILLO

Asimismo, el jugador del Olimpiakos, Nery Castillo sigue en la mira de Ricardo Antonio La Volpe. El futbolista también podría ser convocado para jugar el Mundial Sub-20 y el preolímpico, pero habrá que ver si su club accede a todo.

http://www.esto.com.mx/031025/fut_inter/3fut_inter.asp

8. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Como on Chuy Mendoza? Give me a break, that guy is nothing more than a supporting player, he is not a national team player. Gringo Castro, Salinas and Lopez still have really not done much, they still have a lot to prove. Gaitan has won titles in Argentina, and he was one of the main reasons Tigres made it as far as they did last season. At times this season when he is in, he is their only threat and they depend on him. I'm not saying that he should or shouldn't be on the nat'l team, but he is for sure a really good player that you can't discart just by saying that he didn't do well in spain (there is a certain #10 on america that went through that same situation.)

9. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Chuwy Mendoza is a work horse. I would even say his work horse capabilitites are better than Paco Palencias.

Gringo Castro & Salinas havent done much? For thier age, they has experience. Unfortunately, they have had some injuries the past year. But are good players.

I remember when I Castro debuted and then saw how he played in the Copa Libertaodores, that day I posted a pic and told you guys to watch out, he will be on the national team. And you guys luaghed. Well, he is and people say he sould be there other than Lavolpe's Atlas goons.

Gaitan is a good player, but to say he is far above any Mexican player his age is stupid and lond is a freaking idiot for even saying that. I dont know what his obsession with Mexico using foreigner players.

WHOA... but that certain 10 player at least had a legit reason why he didnt play? Whats Gaitans?

And dont even phucking try to compare Giatan to Blanco, At that age, Blanco was head above Gaitan. Gaitan couldnt even hold Blanco's jockstrap.

10. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    You also said that Manuel Rios was the next Arellano.

I think Gaitan is the best player to say that he wan´t to play for Mexico but also is the most suspect since he just got here. He could be another Pinheiro so he shouldn´t be called and he isn´t exactly Zidane. But he has played better and done more than Jesus Mendoza who may work harder than Palencia, but Palencia is a lot better too.

11. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Lavolpe y Carrasco, tras Nery Castillo

Se lo disputan

Ambos entrenadores lo convocarían para el preolímpico.- El futbolista en una encrucijada: No sabe si jugar con México o Uruguay

Los técnicos de las selecciones de México y Uruguay se disputan al jugador Nery Alberto Castillo quien tiene la posibilidad de ser convocado por ambos representativos, aunque claro la última palabra la tiene el jugador.

Tanto Ricardo Lavolpe como Juan Ramón Carrasco se enteraron de la existencia de Nery Castillo e inmediatamente han investigado su situación para ver la posibilidad de convocarlo.

Hasta hace unos días el futbolista había pasado inadvertido para uno y otro técnicos, sin embargo en su encuentro en Chicago, un promotor informó tanto a Ricardo Lavolpe como a Juan Ramón Carrasco de la existencia de Nery Alberto Castillo.

El deseo de los dos entrenadores de ver a Nery Alberto Castillo ha provocado una cerrada disputa que se inclinará a favor de quien haga mejor la labor de convencimiento y claro agilice el contacto con el jugador.

LAVOLPE

Ricardo Lavolpe reiteró ayer nuevamente su interés en que el mediocampista Nery Alberto Castillo sea contactado a la brevedad posible por las autoridades de la Federación Mexicana de Futbol, con la intención de que forme parte del equipo sub-23 que participará en el próximo preolímpico a desarrollarse en la ciudad de Guadalajara en febrero próximo.

El entrenador nacional dijo que gente allegada al jugador le ha dicho del interés que existe para que vista la camiseta nacional y que para formalizar la posibilidad, la semana entrante se enviará a un emisario de la FMF para que hable con Nery y se concreten los detalles para una posible convocatoria.

Lavolpe dijo que ha visto al jugador y que por noticias de gente allegada al padre del jugador, que al mismo tiempo funge como representante, el mediocampista que milita en el Olympiakos de Grecia, tiene interés en jugar para la selección mexicana.

El estratega nacional dijo que las cosas deben ir con calma y si el jugador confirma su interés por participar en las competencias internacionales enfundado en la camiseta verde, pues se le dará todo el apoyo.

Un dato que Lavolpe puso como el factor que puede ser determinante en la decisión de Nery Alberto Castillo, es que su padre Nery pasó los 10 mejores años de su vida en México, defendiendo la camiseta del Potosino y asesora a su vástago para que se decida por la selección mexicana, ya que siempre ha mostrado interés por México.

URUGUAY

Pero si Ricardo Lavolpe tiene la intención de llamarlo, en Uruguay Juan Ramón Carrasco, técnico de la celeste, también se refirió a Nery Alberto Castillo. De acuerdo a la versión del “País”, uno de los principales diarios de Uruguay, lo llamará para el preolímpico e indicó que las autoridades de la Federación Uruguaya de Futbol investigarán cual es su situación para saber si puede o no jugar con el representativo sudamericano.

LA SITUACION

Nery Alberto Castillo nació el 13 de junio de 1984, en San Luis Potosí, pero a los diez años su padre Nery Castillo decidió llevárselo a Uruguay.

Sus dotes de buen futbolista no pasaron inadvertidas y pronto se enroló con el Danubio. A los 16 años, el Manchester United de Inglaterra trató de contratarlo, pero el club no pudo obtener el permiso de trabajo para el futbolista por ser menor de edad. El Arsenal fue otro de los clubes que hicieron lo mismo, pero sin alcanzar el objetivo.

Fue el Olimpiakos de Grecia quien finalmente lo contrató y donde milita actualmente.

Nery Alberto Castillo tiene las dos nacionalidades, es mexicano por nacimiento y uruguayo por naturalización. De tal forma que en este momento él debe elegir a qué país representa.

De acuerdo a la reglamentación de FIFA Nery Alberto Castillo puede ser convocado por México o Uruguay, dado que no ha sido seleccionado por nadie en ninguna ocasión.

SIN DUDAS

Nery Alberto Castillo aparece registrado en la liga de Grecia como uruguayo, sin embargo el propio futbolista ya aclaró que nació en México y que a los diez años partió a Uruguay, de tal forma que no hay dudas al respecto.

Y una prueba de lo anterior la dio Ricardo Pérez, vicepresidente del equipo de San Luis, quien aseguró que el joven nació en San Luis Potosí, en la clínica de un doctor de apellido Infante.

De tal forma que el volante será quien tome la decisión final. Entrevistado al respecto y sobre el hecho de a qué país prefiere, el jugador dijo: “es una situación que tengo que platicar con mi padre, en este momento no puedo decidir, pero es lógico que siento mucho por México donde viví parte de mi infancia”.

FICHA

Posción: Volante

Día de nacimiento: 13 de junio de 1984

Actual equipo: Olympiakos (Grecia)

Nacionalidad: Mexicana y Uruguaya

Estatura: 1.64 mts

Peso: 54 kgs

12. fdp

fdp Red Card

Oct 24, 2001
    Titulares Telemundo

Los Angeles - Sunday 11:30 p.m.

Titulares Telemundo aired Andrés Cantor reporting from Greece to interview Nery Castillo.

Anyone catch the interview?

13. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well the race is on for Nery Castillo. He has spent half his life in Mexico no wonder his dad told him to play for Mexico. Truth is I thought he had left at a much younger age.

14. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Tigres -America today, lets see who plays like they deserve to be on the National Team.

15. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pavel Pardo.

But, uhh.. Gaitain is okay.

Mendoza may be a workhorse but he isn't that effective, at least to me.

Although, I would take Chuy over Mr. Bleach Blonde.

In other related news, I'd also go out on a limb and say the Chivas are.. good!?

Maybe we've found our national strikeforce.

Romo, Bravo, Cacho.. Jesus De Nigris?!?!?!

16. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Did you see the game today? Mendoza was all over.

One thing I respect about players like Palencia, Mendoza... if when they have a bad game... thier hustle is still there. And hustle is contagious.

just look at the game against Peru and Uruguay, the were going through the motions. Hard tackles (whether clean or not) does not always imply intensity and hustle

17. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    First off, Giatan is not Mexican. He has not even filed any papers because he hasnt been in Mexico long enough.

SO to say who deserves out of the 2 is ridiculous.

18. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    RDL, there's no question Chuy is a workhorse.

I love that hustling style.

But has it produced results for el tri? It all comes down to results. That's what I referred to when I said it wasn't effective.

Something we are not getting from el otro.

Anyone see the Televisa Deportes bit earlier today on the history of Hugo/Lavolpe? They claimed to show it for the last time just to let EVERYONE know thoroughly.

Great stuff like Lavolpe claiming Hugo's 1st chilena on him was a fluke. He was pretty much silenced after the 2nd one. Then they fast forwarded to 2002 when Hugo said "Gracias a dios le meti 6 goles para hacerlo famoso, porque todos sabemos que uno no se hace famoso como 3er portero de una seleccion."

:)

19. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nery castillo y Olympiakos ganan clásico

ATENAS, 26 de octubre (EFE).- El Olympiakos ganó como visitante (0-1) el clásico al AEK Atenas, y defendió con éxito el liderato de la Liga griega, aunque el partido estuvo marcado por los incidentes acaecidos antes del duelo entre los seguidores de ambos equipos, que se saldaron con un aficionado apuñalado en el pecho.

Aunque jugó con un hombre menos por expulsión de Anastasios Pantos desde los 50 minutos, un tanto de Ieroklis Stoltidis (55´) le permitió ganar al eterno rival y mandar en la tabla con dos puntos de ventaja sobre el Panathinaikos, que goleó al Panionios (3-0), rival del Barcelona en la Copa de la UEFA.

El mexicano Nery Castillo jugó 80 minutos en el Olympiakos.

MODS NOTE: LETS TRY TO STAY ON TOPIC :)

20. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nery Castillo

Nery Castillo, al Preolímpico

RICARDO La Volpe, director técnico de la selección mexicana Sub-23, aseguró que no esperará más tiempo y llamará para el torneo preolímpico a Nery Castillo, jugador de 19 años que milita en el Olympiakos de Grecia.

El mediocampista nacido en San Luis Potosí e hijo de un ex jugador uruguayo es una joya que quiere ver y observar el técnico nacional y ya hay contactos con él.

"Últimamente hemos hablado con Castillo para saber qué piensa. Tiene 19 años y jugando en ese nivel creo que es válido verlo".

El torneo comenzará el 3 de febrero en Guadalajara; se tiene contemplado platicar con la gente del club helénico y recibir permiso para el jugador.

"La federación mexicana es la responsable de hablar y negociar el permiso para el jugador".

Además, La Volpe ya sabe que en Uruguay el técnico charrúa, Juan Ramón Carrasco, tiene previsto convocar al mediocampista para su selección, pero confía en que Castillo se decida por los colores verde, blanco y rojo.

"Nery será el que decida; además yo sé que él quiere jugar para México".

Con Castillo contemplado, ya se tiene la columna vertebral para el torneo que se celebrará en la perla tapatía.

"Principalmente serán los que participaron en los juegos panamericanos, más algunos jugadores que observo esta semana".

La lista definitiva será entregada por el argentino hasta el 5 de enero; y a partir de esa fecha estarán concentrados un mes en el centro de alto rendimiento de la FMF, para preparar a conciencia el torneo preolímpico.

21. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Olympiakos

I doubt his club lets him go for a month.

22. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Olympiakos

puede haber descanso de invierno en Grecia.

seria para todo enero?

23. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    ************ are you going to answer my question?

what mexican born players playing in the mfl at the moment, the same age of Gaitan are better than Gaitan? please answer this and don't list rafa marquez or torrado who are in europe not the mfl.

24. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    look at the list.. if that list doesnt suit or justify your point.. tough *#*#*#*#

25. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Lavolpe espera a Castillo

Ciudad de México, 28 de octubre. El técnico de México Ricardo Lavolpe espera contar con el joven Nery Castillo en la selección Sub23 que competirá en febrero en el Preolímpico de la CONCACAF.

El técnico de México Ricardo Lavolpe espera contar con el joven Nery Castillo en la selección Sub23 que competirá en febrero en el Preolímpico de la CONCACAF.

Castillo, de 19 años y delantero del Olympiakos de Grecia, es hijo de uruguayos pero nacido en México, por lo que podría elegir entre jugar para Uruguay o México.

Castillo vivió algunos años en México cuando su padre del mismo nombre jugaba futbol profesional aquí, pero después se fue a Uruguay con sus padres.

Según Lavolpe, Castillo quiere ponerse la camiseta de México.

"Lo que nosotros sabemos es que él quiere jugar para México, entonces lo más importante es que el quiera venir a jugar con esta camiseta", dijo Lavolpe el lunes luego de una práctica con la Sub23.

"Estamos hablando con él, parece que ya se tuvo una comunicación telefónica y vamos a tratar de ver si lo podemos tener en el Preolímpico", agregó el técnico, quien recientemente externo que ha venido observando a Castillo desde hace un buen tiempo.

El estratega argentino trabajará tres días esta semana con la Sub23 y lo volverá hacer hasta el 5 de enero, cuando concentrará un mes al equipo para el Preolímpico que se disputará en Guadalajara y otra sede por definir.

El estratega no llamará antes a los jugadores, ya que en noviembre y diciembre se jugará la parte final del torneo local.

Lavolpe ocupará para el Preolímpico a la base de jugadores que compitieron en los últimos Juegos Panamericanos de Santo Domingo.

La Sub23 tendrá dos juegos de fogueo en enero con sus similares de El Salvador y Honduras. Estos encuentros se jugarían posiblemente en Miami el 17 y 24 de enero, respectivamente.