Nery Castillo a la seleccion?

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Oct 22, 2003.

1. picazo10

picazo10 New Member

Jun 25, 2003
    NO!!!

LOOK I DIDN'S QUOTE NO ONE!!! IM TELLING THE TRUTH ALTHOUGH IT MIGHT BE HARD TO BELIEVE IT IS TRUE WATCH THE NEWS LOOK INTO THE INTERNET YOU'LL FIND HES ARGENTINIAN AND YOU'LL ALSO SEE THAT HE WILL NEVER GET CALLED FOR URUGUY BECAUSE HE FOR ONE IS BORN IN MEXICO ANOTHER HE IS NOT EVEN URUGUYAN ANOTHER HE IS OF ARGENTINIAN DESCENT

2. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There is a button under 'Tab' you might want to click on it. And no you are wrong, it is all over the Mexican media his Father is Uruguayan and he was born in Mexico.

3. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Nope RDl they all are legit. Not sure what Picazo problem is though. I guess he doesn't know not to type in caps.

4. picazo10

picazo10 New Member

Jun 25, 2003
    DONT YOU DARE CALL ME A LIAR BOY!! IM RIGHT HES ARGENTINIAN FIND ME A LINK STATING HES DADS ARGENTINIAN THEN WE CAN BOTH AGREE AND THAT BUT TILL THEN IM RIGHT

5. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    we get a lot of sock puppets here. so dont take offense to it.

Speaking of Chespirito, aside from being an actor, comedian, producer, composer, poet, author, writer, he was a HUGE football fan. And in many of his works, his love for the game showed. In one of his shows, the reason the Capulets and Montegues hated each other were becuase one family went for CHivas, the other went for America.

And just because most know his as a comedian, doesnt mean we shouldnt take him serious. He is and was and will be a very influential person of our times.

But he is right, I too hate it when players try to fake a foul. faking is just a way to compensate for something else.

6. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  7. mejulian

mejulian New Member

Oct 20, 2003
    Mexico City
    I took no offense, no probs. :)

I hate divers too, there are players that prefer to go to the ground even when having the chance for a clear shot.

8. picazo10

picazo10 New Member

Jun 25, 2003
    ok im wrong he is going to uruguy but i know i saw he was argentinian im not kidding. anyways in november mexico plays they called cuahtemoc arellano torrado rafa the main players finally we are back on track!!!

9. moreliano

moreliano Member

Sep 11, 2002
    santa cruz
    i would like to see Mexico win the world cup with Mexicans. By the way once they are naturalized citizens they are not consider foreigners, they are Mexican. I do see where you are coming from though, I must admit I used to think the same way you are, but look around alot of countries use naturalized players.

p.s. i am not a sock puppet

10. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No problem dude

11. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
  12. picazo10

picazo10 New Member

Jun 25, 2003
    mexico

thanks didn't mean for you guys to think i make up stuff sometimes i do get false imformation but i do admit to it. but for sure cuahtemoc...ect and all the other stars were called for next months game which will be between japan, italy or spain

13. Levante

Levante Member+

Jul 28, 2001
    Good to see you toned it down.

Great thread.

Regardless on how we all might feel about this issue, I think that we can all agree that more emphasis must be put on youth development and that there just too many foreigners taking up spots in starting positions. Everyone is taking the easy way out here and I'm glad that Lapuente had the balls to backup Hugo.

14. Hugo Sanchez

Hugo Sanchez Member+

Aug 21, 2003
    MEX2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Just a quick note regarding RDL's (?) post.

"But every place I go, i respect their culture, thier tradititions... but I am Mexican and will die Mexican. Do you prefer a toritilla over sliced bread? Yeah Do I prefer a torta over a sandwhich? Hell Yeah "

My parents were born in Mexico, I was born here.

I prefer tortillas nejas over harina o maiz. And it depends.. Is there chorizo in that torta?

I don't eat beans.

But...

Just not in our Tri. ;)

I may not eat beans, I may not play, I may not have been born in the motherland.

But when the team loses, I lose.

You try to tell me this is just a game.

You try to tell me this isn't my team.

La Seleccion Mexicana es mi vida.

Without them, I'd die.

Someone hold me.

15. mejulian

mejulian New Member

Oct 20, 2003
    Mexico City
    Well, I'm as Mexican as it gets and I don't care about the national side. I prefer Pumas a million times, and I didn't went to university there.

When Mexico lost against Costa Rica in the Azteca I saw some players having fun and getting drunk in a bar that night. Same thing I've seen with Pumas players.

No team is my life. I value my life too much to let some blokes in shorts controll my emotions or feelings.

My concept of country and nationalism goes far beyond a footy pitch, tortillas, beans or tortas. I guess I'm not a "true" fan neither a "true" Mexican.

Take care,
    Julián

16. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It looks like the kid will be called up for the Sub-23
    Lavolpe has been in contact with the kids father

17. Aguilas Del America

Oct 28, 2002
    Nido de Coapa
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

18. efren95

efren95 Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    When you're starving, a piece of bread becomes a banquet...

19. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA

"But playing on the national team is not a right, its a privelidge. Its an honor. You do it for your family, your flag, but most importantly your country above all other reasons."

now if only the mexicans THAT CURRENTLY PLAY in the mnt would think like you the mexican nt would be much better ;)

"But, Alex, Gaitan are not good enough to be on the Arg Nt. And thats why they want to play.. thats an insult."

How do you know he is not good enough? if he were in europe instead of mexico he might have gotten a shot. Gaitan is better than any mexican born player his age or younger playing in the MFL at the moment.

"I dont care if a player is there because he loves Mexico or wants to ensure a bigger and fatter paycheck until the end of his career.. Its not our right to say why he is doing it, but it not thier right to play for the MNT "

where does it say in the mexican constitution that naturalized players CAN'T play for the mexican nt??

20. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    El Malinche

Freddy Adu :D :p

21. efren95

efren95 Member

Apr 20, 2000
    Republic of Texas
    You're as true Mexican as I am. It just happens that our passion for the sport doesn't dictates our priorities in life.

A sport is to be enjoyed. If it makes us suffer, isn't a sport anymore. It becomes a psychotic fixation...

In other words: there are more valuable things in life.

I read and write on Bigsoccer posts to release stress, not to add to it...

Some of the posts make me laugh, some others awaken my curiosity.

I always learn, but NEVER take offense on any disagreements, nor anger on irrational responses.

And, even though I've never met any of the posters, some are so familiar in name that I consider them old-time acquaintances.

Again, enjoy and be happy... That's all.

22. mejulian

mejulian New Member

Oct 20, 2003
    Mexico City
    Quality post!

23. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    now if only the mexicans THAT CURRENTLY PLAY in the mnt would think like you the mexican nt would be much better ;)

thats speculation. There are other variables in the equation

How do you know he is not good enough? if he were in europe instead of mexico he might have gotten a shot. Gaitan is better than any mexican born player his age or younger playing in the MFL at the moment.

He was in Europe. For 2 years. Was given a shot, but was sent back home after 2 years at Villareal.

Gaitan is not better than any Mexican born player.

Thats the problem with Lavolpe and his lies. And this is the type of shyt that he says but yet contradicts himself half the time. He goes on and on and on that Mexico doesnt have a number 10 or a number 9 player. He makes it out ot seem that we are the only country that lacks one. And he goes in that in Argentina, Germany, England, etc, they produce them like crazy and you can find them at the corner of any mom and pop store. I think it was Raul Arias (Necaxa's coach) that said he needs to work and stop complaining. And that he is not being truthful. In other words this is what he meant... look at the roster from the 98 WC to 2002 WC. Look at the number of Mids who returned. What wnt wrong? Were the other new comers not good enough? Did they lack a 10 that they had to go back to the previous WC roster? Do they respect seniority before rooks? What gives

2002 World Cup Roster
    1 P Germán Burgos*
    12 P Pablo Cavallero*
    23 P Roberto Bonano

13 DEF Diego Placente
    2 DEF Roberto Ayala*
    4 DEF Mauricio Pochettino
    6 DEF Walter Samuel
    22 DEF José Chamot*

8 MED Javier Zanetti*
    10 MED Ariel Ortega*
    11 MED Juan Sebastián Verón*
    3 MED Juan Sorín
    5 MED Matias Almeyda*
    14 MED Diego Simeone*
    15 MED Claudio Husain
    16 MED Pablo Aimar
    20 MED Marcelo Gallardo*

9 DEL Gabriel Batistuta*
    17 DEL Gustavo López
    18 DEL Kily González
    19 DEL Hernan Crespo*
    21 DEL Claudio Caniggia
    7 DEL Claudio López*

1998 World Cup Roster
    Carlos Roa
    Roberto Ayala
    Matias Almeyda
    Claudio López
    Germán Burgos
    José Antonio Chamot
    Diego Simeone
    Gabriel Batistuta
    Pablo Cavallero
    Héctor Mauricio Pineda
    Ariel Ortega
    Abel Balbo
    Roberto Sensini
    Juan Sebastián Verón
    Hernán Crespo
    Pablo Paz
    Leonardo Astrada
    Marcelo Delgado
    Nelson Vivas
    Sergio Berti
    Javier Zanetti
    Marcelo Gallardo

where does it say in the mexican constitution that naturalized players CAN'T play for the mexican nt

And where the hell does it say they have the right. Lets be honest, naturalized Mexicans do not have every right we have. They can not run for certain offices and why. That same principle should apply to the Mexican National team.

It made me sick to my stomach when I saw Loco Abreu tell the Uruguayn goalkeeper where he was going to shoot it during the Copa Teresa Herrera. He said afterwards he was just horsing around and trying to play head games. But I dont by it. We could have won that cup in PKs. Whats to say Gaitan or Alex wont do that in the WC or some other game???

24. Deleted USer

Deleted USer Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    efren

you truly are a pathetic. You are the type of people that makes us real Mexicans look bad to the gringos and other world.

You are American when its suits you and you are Mexican when it suits you. And it so clear that you resent Mexico because your family wasnt able to cut it there. And you think the US gave you everything. If its true you say it gave you everything, if you ever take one thing to heart what i say.. take this.. things that are given are never appreaciated. They are when its lost or when its worked for. Until you realize that it wasnt the country, but your own initiative... then you will truly appreciate your country.

Ill let you know when zero interest rates on Mortages for hispanics are in effect. Always a nice hand out

25. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    I totally agree with RDL. Going to US forums to bitch about Mexicans and how they dive is wrong and pathetic. Why don´t you go and complain about the fouls and kicks, americans do? I seen a couple of his post and in the US forums, and many are of a kind of "excuse our mexicans, you great great americans, they don´t know anything. "

I rather have naturalized foreigners than ungrateful mexicans.