Neri Castillo's international future.

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by Kostas, Nov 5, 2003.

1. Kostas

Kostas New Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Greece
    Before only some hours Neri Alberto Castillo did an other wonderful appearance for Olympiakos adn scored his first goal in the Champions League,in the 3-0 win against Mondragon's Galatasaray.

Such performances made Carrasco look at him for the Uruguay NT.He selected the player and Olympiakos has to leave him as the matches coming are officials.But the problem for Uru's fans depends on Castillo.He said that he doesn't want to go to South America as Carrasco wants only to put him in the team's climate.Neri is disappointed and claimed that Uruguay was finished for him when he didn't get a call for the U-17 squad.Now he's 19,and my opinion (and not only mine,of course) is that he is the next big thing on the European stage.The kid is superbe!He will take his final desicion on Friday.An inportant fact is that he has and Mexican nationality and he thinks a lot to accept their national team.

For Uruguay,it will be a great loss if this happens and this will be shown in the future.For Castillo,maybe Mexico is better as it will be easier for him to take a sure spot.

2. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
  3. Kostas

Kostas New Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Greece
    Nice to meet you again efernadez.Since my old forums,shut down,it has been such less people in SA forum...the majority has left.:(

Firstly i'll try to keep connect with both forums,as i think here is very good,as there are more posters to discuss and the only disadvantage for me is the language.:)

More about Nery:Mexican TV was in Athens last night only for Castillo.His father says that Nery will accept Maxico finally cause of their organization.Better conditionts and fields to train plus the money for the central americans are more than the money the Uruguay internationals earn.

4. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    kostas....whenever you are interested in a thread that is in spanish...

just type: translation help!!!!

that will change the whole thing, I bet you understan a little sapnglish by now (often used here too) as a third lenguage or when most of us are in a hurry.....

SO NERY ALBERTO GOES FOR THE MEXICAN PESO!? WELL, I HOPE THE PRESS AND THE XENOPHOBIA FOR foreigners there does not hurt his feelings and career later on!

5. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    diferente razon - no a Uruguay!

(AFP) - El juvenil uruguayo-mexicano Nery Alberto Castillo, del Olympiakos de Grecia, renunció a integrar la selección uruguaya porque "no me encuentro anímicamente dispuesto a asumir ese compromiso", según un fax recibido por la Asociación Uruguaya de Fútbol (AUF).

Castillo, de 19 años, codiciado por México y Uruguay para sus planteles Sub-23 que disputarán sus respectivios torneo preolímpicos regionales, había sido reservado por el técnico charrúa Juan Ramón Carrasco para los próximos partidos ante Chile y Brasil por las eliminatorias sudamericanas para el Mundial de Alemania-2006.

Pero el joven volante ofensivo que brilla en el fútbol griego envío una nota vía fax en la que, tras afirmar que se sentía sorprendido y orgulloso por la reserva realizada por Carrasco, anticipaba: "no me encuentro anímicamente dispuesto a asumir ese compromiso", y pedía que la citación fuese cancelada.