Nenad Milijas Opinion

Discussion in 'Serbia & Montenegro' started by Eggy, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    For anyone who watches him regularly for Red Star, do you think he could be an effective player in the English Premiership? He is rumored to be moving to Wolverhampton.

Thanks

2. serbov

serbov New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Marakana
    Well, Milijas was the captain of my team Red Star Belgrade but I will try not to be biased.He is a regular for our NT( I have heard that Aston Villa manager will come to watch him against Austria, but it looks like he has sealed a deal with Wolves).He is very slow, but he compensates for it with an excellent technique and solid passing skills.He is also an expert for free-kicks, and a great fighter. Since he became a starter,he has really consolidated our midfield leaving behind the likes of Gojko Kacar and Zdravko Kuzmanovic.
    Some of his goals:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF-kPv9C2wI"]YouTube - Nenad Milija?[/ame]

3. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Tanks.

4. serbov

serbov New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Marakana
    Its nothing.I wish him luck, and I hope that you will not get relegated this year.

5. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I agree with serbov.

He was a solid player when he came to Red Star Belgrade... more of a left midfielder. His speed is not his strength, but his technique and his link up play is magnificent. Plus his left foot is a danger anywhere on the pitch.

He has really surprised me this season. He was always one of the better players in the Serbian league, but he was never starting national team material in my eyes. I was wrong.

Antic gave him the chance, and he has taken on the responsibility and showed his leadership abilities. The steel and passing he gives us from the back is immense. I think he is one of the main reasons we are doing so well in World Cup Qualifying.

While we have better potential talent in central midfield in younger names such as Zdravko Kuzmanovic or Gojko Kacar, he has given us a maturity that we lacked before.

I wish Wolves the best. I would like to see the Molineux side stay up this season. I have always liked the name of your club. You have certainly signed a good player in the prime of his career.

Cheers.

Come on Milijas!