Neil Young fans, plese give me some input

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by javaj, Oct 11, 2003.

1. javaj

javaj New Member

Sep 8, 2003
    Creve Coeur
    While watching VH1's "100 Most Shocking Events in Rock 'N Roll" or something to that equivalent, they noted one event that took me by surprise. Neil Young was sued by his record company, DGC, because he wasn't creating profitable albums. One album in particular, Trans, is really interesting. Young used a vocoder for vocals for more than half the album. The result is one of the most insane creations i've heard. A couple of songs, particularly "Transformer Man" and "We R In Control" cracks me up. I'm now going to have to purchase an import version of this on CD from Germany.

So my question is, is there anybody else out there that likes this album?

2. ThrashBoy

ThrashBoy New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Trans is a great album, but definitely not the typical Neil Young record.

One of my older coworkers saw I was listening to it and told me "Hey, your're only 24. You can't be listening to Neil Young!!"
    My retort: "This isn't a real Neil Young album."

I took me a long time to find it in a store, so when I finally found it, I paid about 20 bucks for it because it was an import.

3. obie

obie New Member

Nov 18, 1998
    NY, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Young's son Ben has cerebral palsy, and Trans was Young's attempt to communicate with him through music. Just Google "Neil Young", "Ben" and "Trans" to find out more.

4. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm a Neil Young fan, but never was interested in this one. My fandom sort of died back in the early 70s, I guess.