Need a few good crocketteers

Discussion in 'Crocketteers' started by CagedMonky, Apr 14, 2009.

1. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
  2. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
  3. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
  4. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    Nice,
    we are pretty lucky that I'm moving to Cibolo ... maybe this weekend :D

FYI,
    http://alamosc.net/AboutUs.html

Based in San Antonio, Texas Alamo SC founded by Lance Noble is a full member of the world ranked Men’s and Women's Premier Soccer League (PASL,WPSL and NPSL). The PASL and WPSL are the only stand alone National Men’s and Women's soccer league in the USA. Formed in fall of 2008 the team will play its home games at Aztec Soccer arena in San Antonio, Texas as well as in their own stadium in Cibolo, Texas.
    The Club is committed to bringing top quality soccer to the San Antonio and South Texas area. The organization is also dedicated to the growth and development of youth and adult soccer in our region, while still providing quality family entertainment to our fans.
    The team is entering its first season in the PASL, and will include several players as well as coaches with previous professional and international experience, along with local 'stand out' talent. Some of our past and current notable players are Lance Key (Colorado Rapids), John Burklo (Houston Dynamo) and Paul Rodriguez (Norte Dame).
    Playing for Alamo SC will provide elite San Antonio players with an opportunity to progress through the US soccer system.

5. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Pretty lucky :p

6. sakyle04

sakyle04 New Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    South Africa
    two things coming from me tomorrow...

1. starting a new thread that (i hope) will be totally popular and inspire even more development of the crocketteer identity.
    2. completing an article/blog post i have been working on.

stay tuned.

7. sakyle04

sakyle04 New Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    South Africa
  8. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Yeah i was thinking your font is in disagreement with the rest of the blog posts. I will try somethings.

9. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
  10. sakyle04

sakyle04 New Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    South Africa
    ^^ Ya, I created it in Word and pasted it over. Don't know what happened. Thanks for cleaning it up.

Got another post running Friday morning at 6:45am (space them out a little to sustain interest)... An open letter to Don Garber (which I have already sent him). I plan on following that up with open letters to SS&E and Julian Castro. Let's see if we can't get a response from someone. :)

11. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Way to take the bull by the horns? Put my name on the letter and if you want the names of everyone we have signed up crocketteers.com / facebook I'll get u that list of ppl.

What about your neighbor Ed Garza? Honorary member? Need his networking power.

I'm working on putting our blog on google's feedburner where we can track subscribers and it will automatically email them our latest posts.

I'll put all members emails in the subscribers group so they can receive updates via email

12. sakyle04

sakyle04 New Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    South Africa
    Great idea.

I'll create a simple letterhead, write up something giving Ed honorary membership, and hand-deliver it.

Maybe I'll post that on the blog if I catch him at home. (And you can be sure I'll ask for his insider knowledge on whether Castro can get this thing moving again...)

13. sakyle04

sakyle04 New Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    South Africa
    Also, sign the site up on Google Analytics. It is free and provides great info on who is coming to your site, how long they are staying, and what keywords and searches/links get them there...

I have an account that tracks my blog and it is fascinating. And since Google owns Feedburner, you can use the two interactively. Very cool.

14. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    thanks for the advice. and I hope Ed Garza works out

15. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Have feedburner up and running and the subscribe link on the bottom of the crocketteers page. I just subscribed... So when you post your new blog post on Friday it will email me.

16. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Keep us posted on the Ed Garza "hand delivering" of the letter.

17. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    That'd be great

Something else that would be great would be for "The Crocketteers" to interview him.
    Since he's a politician, I would make a list of questions and give them to him (politicians watch every word that they say).

Questions related to his involvement in the last MLS bid, why he thought it was a good idea, what obstacles do we have before getting a team.
    Pretty much, like asking for advice from a retired athlete, they have the experience and knowledge that can help us achieve our goal.

18. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    I hope it works out with Ed... Kyle any update? or you still working on it. :) no rush

19. sakyle04

sakyle04 New Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    South Africa
    all good ideas...

crazy week of work and so much more...

will see if i can prioritize the garza connection over he holiday weekend. maybe even get a picture with him for the website. :eek:

20. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
  21. Chowda

Chowda Member

Sep 13, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    He needs to be following you to see it. I'd post it to every MLS/USL twitter group you can find, though.

22. sakyle04

sakyle04 New Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    South Africa
    No Garza connection yet. Ran into him twice this weekend, but we were both running in opposite directions, so nothing more than "Hi Ed"...

Been uber busy at work and my 5 month old has been sick with double ear infections, so nothing just yet...

Some day soon, hopefully.

Also, great ideas with finding Don Garber through Twitter. He writes an occasional column on MLSnet.com and I have been posting lengthy comments on them - and he does read them as he has responded to several in subsequent posts.

23. CagedMonky

CagedMonky Member

Jul 25, 2008
    San Antonio
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Understandable.... no rush on this.