[NDR] USA vs Mexico - Day of Game Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by *rey*, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: SoMos PuRo HoUSton!

One of the moderators on this board, who I believe is named Peter Prendergast, gave me a warning for telling the truth and moved my posts.

Thus, I think the next step is a yellow card and then a red card . . . which will give me only 50% of the red cards that Marquez has gotten vs the US!!!!!!!

2. nbrooks503

nbrooks503 Previously Held @Dynamo Hostage From 2008-2019

Jun 1, 2008
    Disgruntled Former STH - Fairweather Bandwaggoner
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

How can you tell your posts are moved or removed?

I post stuff - then promptly forget what the hell I said. Folks could be removing them and I wouldn't have a clue. It's hard enough to keep track of one thread in one forum let alone multiple forums:D

3. BayVol

BayVol Member

Jun 30, 2002
    Clearwater, FL
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When you eat Prawn sandwiches they make you forget ;)

4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They moved many of my posts from this thread to new one called Westside Cosmos Rules for being a fan and Mexico bashing

Apparently, the truth is unwelcome in this thread. I expect another moderator, this one named Hugh Dallas, to card me for complaining.

5. Dre00

Dre00 Member

Oct 12, 2005
    H-town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No and No. It's not like Mexico has been beating the US 5-0 at Azteca. I think the last game there was 2-1 although Mexico were by far the better team on the day. I'm sure that result or any other 1 goal margin would be just fine with the Mexicans.

I'm also quite certain that the US doesn't view it as a moral victory losing 1-0. We aren't Saint Lucia and the Grenadines. There's no such thing as a moral victory.

6. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I barely remember games we played the night before, but didn't we tie once in the Azteca, and at that game the crowd was so mad at the Tri that they were ole-ing the USA's touches? And wasn't that one a moral victory for the US? But other than that I think there has been nothing but losses, though not terrible defeats, just never a win. So losing by a goal wouldn't be a positive. Fortunately, winning down there isn't imperative, since we won here, that's the good thing. Winning in the DF isn't impossible, and it is something we need to do at some point. Mexico narrowly beat some very bad teams last year at the Azteca, I think we might be able to do it this year. We'll have to wait and see.

7. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007

Nov. 2, 1997 USA 0 vs Mexico 0 @ Mexico City

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While this is the only thing the US hasn't accomplished vs. Mexico, here's the kicker: we only play at Azteca once every four years, thus we have limited opportunites. Mexico plays the US pretty much annually now, and usually at sites that are in border states or other places with high Mexican support (Chicago) that are virtually road games for the US since the crowd is usually 2/3 or 3/4 for Mexico. While it happens to be US soil, it is at best a neutral site for most of these matchups so while everyone gets worked up about at Azteca, the overall series matchup is pretty much been dominated by the US in the last decade.

Then again, victory at Azteca is the last thing that Mexican fans are hanging on to in this rivalry

9. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Moral victories are for suckers. The US still got bounced out of WC06 even though they got a point against Italy, and the Astros winning the NL was tarnished by getting swept in the World Series.

I want our first win in Azteca. The goal is to always take points on the road, so I'll settle for a tie, but losing does nothing for us.

10. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yessir.