NDR: USA v. Mexico Watch Party

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by The_Ponce, Aug 8, 2012.

1. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goff tweets that BeIN Sports has secured the rights to all US away WCQs in this cycle.

C'mon, Comcast.

2. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad I discovered that channel this past weekend.

Found it in English and a Spanish version on dish

3. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll pay good money for BeIN Sports and Fox Soccer Plus on Comcast.

4. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Reading the description on their website, the english and spanish are two different channels (who I am sure will show the same stuff until they get more programming).

5. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you quoted the wrong person.

6. Levy2k6

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only channel dish didn't have is goltv :(

7. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    maybe I did. :)

8. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The illegal streaming will be out of control on this. Apparently beINsport is actually PAYING Directv and Dish to carry them to start. Unless they get on cable systems the yelling on this will just increase

9. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Update from Grant Wahl:

10. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

11. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you can't hotlink images from 4chan. Get the imgur browser plugin. All you have to do is right click any image, select rehost image from the pop-up menu and it'll quickly upload it to imgur.com and copy its URL to your clip board for forum posting. At least that's how it works on Chroms for OSX. I'd imagine it'd be pretty similar on Firefox and/or Windows

12. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was gonna imgur but saw it loaded. Will do it in future.

13. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grant Wahl just tweeted:

Steven Goff:

14. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent news (for me at least). I figured when beIN put out a tweet yesterday talking about Xfinity/Comcast that they had some deal coming or they would have looked even more amateur than they do now.

The market roll out sort of worries me because the Houston Comcast market is bastardized because it was a legacy Time Warner market and a joint-venture one at that. So we have different equipment than most Comcast markets, some different channels, etc.

Now let's hope we get it soon and in HD without waiting several years (like getting Fox Soccer in HD)

15. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Goff adds that it'll be SD for now. No word yet on the longer term plan. It'll be in the Sports Entertainment Package.

16. Penwyth

Penwyth Member

Mar 10, 1999
    Earth
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    beIN with Comcast. That sucks.

I just left Comcast for ATT Uverse because they are horrible. Now there is only one reason to miss Comcast.

17. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I was just trying to decide on which TV provider I should choose. Does anybody have a good suggestion for a soccer fanatic? FSC, FSC+, Gol TV, ESPN Deportes, Univision Deportes etc?

18. Levy2k6

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i get all of those except fsc+ and gol tv ( i could get fsc+ for an extra $15 a month though..) on dish top 250 (69.99) with latino bonus ($15) which adds ESPN Espanol, Fx Deportes, and Univision Deports 1 and 2 and Bein English and Spanish

top 250 includes ESPNU, ESPNWS, ESPN2, 3 other alternate ESPNs, Speed, MLBN, NFL, NFLRZ, NBATV, NHLN, CBSN, NBCSP. i thnk it's worth it but i enjoy the whole spectrum of sports

19. Borrachin

Borrachin Member+

Feb 28, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get all those minus FSC +. All in HD too plus Fox deportes (STandard). I have Uverse U200 Latino.

20. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have never regretted leaving CrapCast for ATT Uverse. I've been nothing but happy with the service I've received from ATT. Comcast continued to move channels I watched from the Basic tier to a more expensive package while my price stayed the same. My complaint about essentially having a rate increase was not understood by their quick witted staff. I'll never forget the time I was explaining the DVR capabilities to the Comcast customer support. :sick:

21. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    hmmm . . . DirecTv may be your best option depending on what you want other than those channels. You can add the Sports pack for 13/month onto any package and it gets you just about every English sports channel known to man including BeIn. The question would be the Spanish channels. They carry them! I just don't know if you have to buy the spanish package (instead of regular package) or if there is an add-on.

I don't think you can beat DirecTv price right now because they are making a push for football season. All your HD DVR box rentals are free, FREE Sunday ticket, etc etc. EXAMPLE: You can get the Second package and add the sports package -which gets you a free HD DVR, three month premiums, NFL Sunday ticket for $48/month in first year 68/year in year two.**only question would be the two Spanish sports channels

Also, if ANYONE goes with DirecTV - let me know. I can refer you before you signup and apparently we both get 10 bucks off our bill.

22. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    Their sports pack doesn't include NBC Sports which is odd and can be a pain since the Dynamo do have some games on there.

23. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    It is included in the third basic package and up (which is $5 more than I quoted above).