[NDR] My young Dynamo supporter

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by bilzy, Aug 22, 2007.

1. bilzy

bilzy New Member

Feb 1, 2007
    During a "friendly" match today my 9 year old son had his leg severely broken. He had just scored his 3rd goal in 3 minutes and a player on the other team got mad. He full forced kicked my son just below his left knee from the outside. The sound was horrific. It was apparent to everyone close by that it was a break.

We just returned from the hospital. At this point we were told he will need pins :(. We go to the ortho surgeon in the morning. I am just sick with worry.

Any prayers or positive thoughts would be wonderful.

Also any Austin area supporters that will be at the game Saturday. If you would be will be willing...Evan collected a lot of uniforms for the Pass Back. We were supposed to hand them off Saturday at the game but we won't be able to attend. Evan is probably more upset about that right now too. If someone in Austin is going we would appreciate any help transporting his items to the game.

2. schwabe13

schwabe13 Member

Jan 27, 2006
    in the best MLS town
    Re: [NDR] Keep my little Dynamo supporter in your thoughts please

Sorry, to hear about your son's broken leg .I know, he has a good,caring family, so he will get easier over this situation.
    Tell your son, lots of Dynamo fans/supporters are thinking about him!

3. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

Sounds like they have a little Stoichkov on their team. Geeze-9 year olds taking kids out. Hope he gets back on his feet soon.

4. DynaKat

DynaKat New Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's awful! I'll definitely keep him in my thoughts.

I hope the other kid regrets what he did...he can't go through life solving his problems with violence. :(

5. The_Funkie_Junkie

The_Funkie_Junkie New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Beaumont, TX

I'm sorry to hear that. But after all is healed, he should be good to go. I shattered both growth plates in my left ankle when I was 12 playing socer, and had pins in it and everything. It healed just fine. So tell him to be optomistic about the whole thing. Hate to hear that a 9 year old with a temper hurt him so bad though. No 9 year old should have to deal with that.

6. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

I pray your son gets better bilzy. he's the future of our Dynamo.

Lalo.

7. animategrayskies

Sep 22, 2006
    Austin
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bilzy, just thinking about your son, and hoping he gets well soon. I'm in Austin, and will be attending the game on Saturday. I'll PM you with my info so that we can make arrangements to get those jerseys/gear to the game, no worries. I'd be glad to help!

8. Rooneys Hairline

Feb 21, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

When did Roy Keane's kid start playing in Austin? :mad:

That is terrible news. Will keep your son in my thoughts.

9. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's of course terrible news. I will say a quick prayer for the young lad.

Extra milk wouldn't hurt in his diet if he is suffering broken leg bones....those are the strongest in a human regardless of age.
    Most 9 years olds can't generate the striking force needed to break human bones. This kid being an exception I guess.

10. Dynamogal

Dynamogal Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sorry to hear that, Frida. Give Evan our best wishes for a speedy recovery. He'll be kicking soccer balls again before you know it.:)

11. jamus4545

jamus4545 Member

Mar 20, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo

Bilzy,add 2 more dynamo fans that are prayer for your son.....good luck to yall!

12. Super Dynamo

Super Dynamo New Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Houston

Blizy, I wish your son a speedy recovery...I know how it feels to break a limb or two (it is painfull). My thoughts and prayers our with him...And I am sure with your families and our Naranja's love and support he will be back on the go in no time!

:D

- Super Dynamo

13. alessiob

alessiob New Member

Nov 9, 2006
    h-town

Add another orange fan to the mix. Hope your boy is back on his feet and scoring some more goals soon.

14. dynamofan

dynamofan Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Houston

And one more person who is hoping for the best for your son (and for you).

15. The_Funkie_Junkie

The_Funkie_Junkie New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    Beaumont, TX

Is your son going to be at the game Saturday? Mayeb there is something we can all do to lift his spirits.

16. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm keeping your son in my thoughts. What a horrible horrible thing that a 9 year old did that to him. Hope he is better and scoring more goals in no time.

17. AeroSquire1836

Feb 13, 2007
    HOUSTON
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thoughts and prayers for yall. Terrible that it happened, i know he'll be back up in no time!

18. Marquez

Marquez Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Houston

Horrible news about your son. Another challenge for him to overcome and I'm sure he'll do so with flying colors.

And Yanks, for the love of God, could you please stop with the avatars. You just keep affirming what a wall banger whore you are :D.

And for those of you who don't know that inside joke . . . eh, it sounds better without explaining it. :)

19. Bispham Seasider

Bispham Seasider New Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Bispham
    Club:
    Blackpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Not good, my best wishes for your son from over t'pond in Bispham, Blackpool.

Something not right when 9 year olds take things so badly, that they take such drastic steps, seems like a case of being green with envy gone mad.

Hope he is back scoring more hat-tricks soon.

20. FigoTX

FigoTX Member

Feb 15, 2006
    H-town, TX

My family's prayers are with yours.

21. bilzy

bilzy New Member

Feb 1, 2007

Thank you all for your kind words of support and your prayers.

Here is a short update: The orthopedic surgeon placed a full leg cast on Evan today (it's orange! per Evan's request) . We go back next Thursday for another set of x rays. At that time he will decide if pins or a plate will be needed. He said if Evan were older he would do it now because of the severity of the break , but that he is hoping to see "good" healing starting by next week. If that is the case Evan will be in a full leg cast for 4 weeks and then go to a knee high cast for 3 weeks. From there it will be a lower leg cast and then a brace. Total recovery estimated time is 10-12 weeks. We are all hoping to avoid surgery but Evan is very accepting that it may happen. He said he just wants his leg better so he can get back to training. This kid is a champion!! He hasn't cried or fussed once. He did pass out twice during the resetting and casting but he held it together much better than his parents. He has a "Forever Orange " sticker on his cast too. We hope that we get good news next week so that we can make the game. He'll be in a wheelchair until he gets into a shorter cast. Next Saturday was to be his birthday celebration and we are praying it will still be possible.

Again thank you all so much. I let him read your posts and he was very surprised and also very happy. He did ask if you all would do extra cheering for him Saturday since he won't be there to do his share. Cheer our guys on to another 3 points!!! Go Dynamo!!!

22. FCLouie

FCLouie Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Let Evan know he has the thoughts and prays of the FCLouie family too. It's hard to go though all the waiting and rehab when there's games to be played but he sounds like a trooper. He'll do fine.

Oh, and make sure the other kid gets something more then a good talking to, he needs to understand how serious that little tantrum was. What he did was bad but it could have been much less repairable then a leg break.

23. 60-90 Days

60-90 Days New Member

Apr 6, 2007

My first son was born last Friday (8-17) and hearing this scares me to death. A freaking 9 year old kicking someone on purpose so hard it breaks his leg? Two years ago, my wife as assaulted by one of her kindergarten students. He walked up behind her and hit her with a chair. What is this world coming to? what are parents teaching these kids?

It sounds like your little dude is quite the trooper. The atpag96 household will be thinking about him and praying for him.

Maybe Bandidio can get him a miniture sombrero to wear to the games !!!

24. futbolphotog

futbolphotog New Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Houston

Oh my gosh! Poor kid! I hope he heals very quickly. That's got to be killing him with the season about to start and not being able to play. I know my kids would be going nuts! I hope he's back out on the pitch soon!!!

And wow, just wow that a 9 year old intentionally kicked him doing that much damage. In all our years of doing competitive soccer with our 2 boys, I can't say I've ever witnessed anything like that. :(

25. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda

that was my reaction too until I had to remember how I played during Rec and club growing up. Now I am not justfying a 9 y.o. breaking a kid's leg (it sounded like a dirty frustrated foul)-I just spent last weekend with a childhood friend from NY who went on to share my old soccer stories to my wife. I forgot that I led the league in cards including a few reds. I never deliberately went out to hurt anyone but I wasn't going to let some kid walk in and score.

My point-my parents and coach had nothing to do with it (my parents weren't soccer people)-it was all me-so let's cut the parents a break here-maybe the kid was just being a goon on his own.

As for the assault thing-one of the many reasons I got out of teaching-society says it's okay for kids to hit the teachers but the teacher can't touch the kids. One time I got stabbed in the forehead with a flying pencil-I grabbed the girl that flung it and pulled her to the office (with the bloody pencil still in my forehead). she screamed "ow!-you are hurting me"-to which I replied "yah and the bloody F'ing pencil in my head tickles"-and yes a said the real f word. But yet I was the bad guy for "grabbing" a kid that would have got away otherwise. Pointless anyway as the kid walked for it being a first offense. I love our "it's nobody's fault" society.