[NDR] Free Kick Masters at Reliant

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by The_Funkie_Junkie, May 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would LMAO if the Houston non-pro wins this tourney versus Ronaldinho and everyone else.

2. dustcowpoke

dustcowpoke Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the $77 value they mean that all 500 tickets are valued at $77 right?

$0.15 sounds about right.

3. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone got an ideas on the over/under figure for attendance for this deal? I'm going with 10,000 as betting line and going with the under

4. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll take that bet.

5. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    i'd be surprised if it even reaches 10,000. so i'd go under too....

6. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey I want to go to this. I'm waiting till the day of the event to buy my ticket, but it sounds cool. And quit hating, it would be great to see a big crowd there. And besides, U2 could still make a surprise appearance? :D

7. OrangeTica

OrangeTica Member

Nov 30, 2007
    213/214 beeches
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica

lol, yeah quit hating, im goin suckas :D

fyi, im glad they are giving away free tix, not everybody has money, a lot of latin communities that are thrilled about the event, quit hatin beeches

8. soccerdawg004

soccerdawg004 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Free Kick Masters is a huge deal around the world. It is not suprising that the Houston Soccer Community is bashing this deal because in soccer countries "Houston Soccer Community" is a punch line to very funny jokes.

Bottomline, top 30 players in the world at Reliant on July 5th, very Exclusive Welcome Party for the players to be held in Houston on the 4th. If you are a soccer fan and don't have a ticket, then you are the one who is stupid.

Wake up Houston.

Yes, you can contact me via this site if you want more info.

9. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Free Kick Masters is a huge deal around the world?!?!?! I was unaware of that. As a matter of fact, I had never heard of this "world famous event" until I heard it was coming to Houston via A MESSAGE BOARD... Maybe I'm just out of the loop...

10. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't care how big it is around the world, if some of the greatest soccer players in the world are coming to Houston, I want to go see them.... :D

11. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hear ya, but saying it's a huge deal around the world is absolutely ludicrous...

12. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...well, it does have such a long and illustrious history you know, and an ever-changing lineup of players (some of whom never take FKs).

Sure, best event ever.

We'll see.

13. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess we will find out if "WORLD" and "HOUSTON" are mutually exclusive places on July 5th.

If the "Houston Soccer Community" sucks so bad and is a worldwide laughingstock, then why have the event here? Doesn't make sense to bring this exclusive event to a bad soccer town.

I'd actually have gone to this if there was decent musical act, but I'm sensing if there is an act it will be closer to "Murph and the Magic Tones" than U2.

I'm not hating on the event but it is exhibiting all the signs of a struggling event with a somewhat uncertain and everchanging lineup of players. Basically selling $10 tickets to folks to tryout for the event doesn't make me want to run out and drop $75 on a ticket. I'll be curious for the final ticket count.

14. cougarclaws

cougarclaws Member

May 8, 2006
    Lucky's Pub
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did anyone go to this last year? If so, how was it?

15. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was in Europe last year, it's first inception and was in a sold out stadium of...30K? 40K?

16. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Really? What are some examples of these jokes?

Seems strange that "Houston Soccer Community" would be a punch line to jokes when there are so many U.S. cities that have much, much less interest in soccer.

17. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    QFT.

18. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bump. Reminder that you can try out and get free tickets this Sunday 6/22:

19. nobius

nobius BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 3, 2006
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Google News search for "Free Kick Masters" - 16
    Google News search for Houston Dynamo MLS Cup 2007 - 145
    Google search for "free kick masters" - 18100
    Google search for Houston Dynamo MLS Cup - 120000

But I'm glad you felt cause to register just to post once and insult Houston fans because not everyone likes your competition.

If I wasn't out of town already for the event, I probably wouldn't go just because you're such a jackass.

20. Eguzki

Eguzki Member

Jul 4, 2007
    Spring, TX
    Club:
    Athletic Club Bilbao
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you or anyone in these boards care if a troll said Houston is the butt of soccer jokes worldwide?
    First of all, soccer teams and/or soccer fans have nothing to do with the quality of a city, the same is true of any kind of professional sports team, how many foreigners (from other states or countries) just in this board, how many in the metro area, that should tell you something about the quality of the city, lots of us are moving here.

Second of all, although not many (in comparison to other professional teams in town), Houston fans appear to know about their sport, seem passionate and most important, no hooligans, and believe me, I can compare fans here with fans from many countries, Houston fans are all right in my book.

Third of all, the guy is a troll, he just posted that to see the reaction from everyone, that is what trolls want, to incite some kind of reaction.

Besides, free kick masters is not a sporting event, is a show, a nice one, but a show, the amount of fans attending (I bet around 50,000, I will be one) will not be a reflection of the soccer culture in Houston, it would be like using the ice capades(spelling?) to talk about figure skating in Houston.

21. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    I'm still waiting for some of those jokes he mentioned. I bet there are some pretty good ones.

22. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    the pope, a guy with a duck on his head and a little pianist walk into a bar.....

......never mind the joke is too long, but the punchline is "Houston Soccer Community".

23. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Houston soccer community is so fat.....

stop me if you've heard it. :D

24. Bandido

Bandido Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Deperrosbravos N.L.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Two Cowboys are buying tickets at the local Fiesta TicketMaster, the attendant say: "glad to see you fellas going to watch those Soccer players at Reliant" which one replies: "Soccer? I thought it was a Rodeo" and the other one says: "I thought we were buying tickets for a UFC fight, I had my hart set on watching Tito Ortiz!!"

And that's why they make fun of The Houston Soccer Community around the world !! :mad:

p.s.

You didn't see me around here Brahma !!

25. soccerdawg004

soccerdawg004 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    I should have known that some of you guys think Texas IS the world stage. What I meant by my comment is that ON A WORLD STAGE, soccer fans don't view Houston as a HOTBED of Soccer activity.

The point of the whole comment is that regardless of what FKM is or is not, IF you are a soccer fan why wouldn't you go watch Ronaldinho display his skills? If it was ONLY Ronaldinho, I would go, but it is much much more than that.

FKM is making an attempt to HELP the Houston Soccer Community get more of a worldwide presence. Why wouldn't you support that?

Some people would rather sit on the sidelines and fuss than actually play the game.

Didn't mean to get your Texas Feathers Ruffled, only meant to make the point that maybe instead of posting five or six thousand times about soccer, you could....now this is just a suggestion....you could go watch some of the world's best show their skills.