NCR, Thunder v Impact in match commentary (r)

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by Zak, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    A massive night direct from the Bernardhole. my bike is broken once again, and I'm hopeful to get some tennis in tomorrow morning. Either way to the game...

Montreal are a goal to the good on a howler from the MN keeper. Whom I must mention has a disturbing resemblance to Frank from Real World Las Vegas.

Brazillian international Ze Roberto gets a start for Montreal. I assume he takes up a massive portion of their salary cap.

MN is hot on the heels of beating RSL midweek in an open cup match.

To bad this match doesn't feature the Puerto Rico Islanders, you have to support a club that has such an obvious use of geography.

2. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Real World Frank nearly gives up another howler. That's what you get when hanging around with Trashelle, an inate ability to flop around on the ground.

I'd like to thank our sponsor this evening, PBR, whenever you've got the urge to work on your car, have a bit of chaw, then beat your wife with a wrench, make it a PBR ASAP!

3. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Yet another sign that footba....er...soccer really is catching on here in the states, we've got a high school field that refuses to take it's american football lines on the field of play. At a minimum I suppose this at least allows me to give our viewing audience an accurate apraisal of how far free kicks are being taken from goal.

4. wufc

wufc Member

May 1, 2005
    UC Irvine
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't that a different Ze Roberto?

5. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Real World Frank with what can only be described as a chest pass, I've not seen that since the St. James the Less 5th grade keeper forgot we were playing soccer not basketball. Shocking.

6. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    St James sounds a good idea in 7 minutes

7. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Now that you mention that, I suppose that is possible. However with European sides not in action currently it's not a stretch that he could be on loan and "doing it for the love of the game", which in most cases is just an excuse for being past it an nicking a paycheck. See Simon Elliott

Now that was a bit harsh. As 9 Rush would say "well he has been dropped by NZ, I suppose that really is a tell tale sign of his ability now isn't it?"

8. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Considered that, but I'm consumed by the plight of Real World Frank and his fantastic ability to flop around.

Answer me this though Placid, if you're from Liberia, how the heck do you find St. Paul Minnesota?

9. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Ah well i will go and drink St Pauli girl in the comfort of my own home then.

Freetown rock from Sierra Leone.

10. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I'd also like to thank our additional match commentary sponsor Raven Riley for providing halftime entertainment. How do you spell I need ten tissues, well Raven Riley of course.

11. wufc

wufc Member

May 1, 2005
    UC Irvine
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, it's a different Ze Roberto.

The Ze Roberto that plays for Bayern Munich
    http://home1.vr-web.de/~peter.boehm/images/personen/ze_roberto_0405.jpg

The Ze Roberto that plays for the Impact and Philly Kixx
    http://www.kixxonline.com/upload_images/roberto03-04.JPG

12. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I'm not so sure, isn't George Weah the only Liberian ever to find the United States legally?

13. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Amazing, Bishop James Griffen has had a stadium in St. Paul named after him. Is there anyone in the world who doesn't know this man's charity?

[​IMG]

14. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    don't the Thunder have any cheerleaders?

15. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Super Jeff "still not good enough even for Columbus Crew" Matteo earns a free kick.

Which he subsequently slams directly into the wall. Dangerous stuff.

16. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Matteo uses a tactic he certainly didn't learn in Columbus, hard shot from thirty yards out. Nearly scored.

17. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    A man wearing a dodgy alice band puts a ball into row zed for Montreal. MN has quite a horn section at their matches.

18. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Substitution, Montreal, nameless latin guy who makes the sign of a cross as he comes on. He's surely going to score now!

19. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    who coaches Montreal? Isn't that the guy Myshap thinks is great? They have great movement and position.

20. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Some Disantis fellow. I wonder if he delivers flowers here in the off season.

21. Raoul

Raoul New Member

Sep 19, 1999
    Downtown Dublin
    another French Canadian, eh.

22. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I could go for a French Canadian named Dominique right about now.

If not that at least a pizza. Might be time for the three for fifteen Dominos deal.

23. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Fantastic Crew get Dallas in the first round of the Mickey Mouse Cup. Glad to see Crew won't bother sticking around very long in the oldest cup competition in America.

24. Placid Casual

Placid Casual Member+

Apr 2, 2004
    Bentley's Roof
    Splendid.

Cold beer, crap football, Super Furry Animals on the stereo and the wife working till 11.

25. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Given the amount of talent exhibited from the Liberians on Thunder, their national team must be quite a force.