NCR: Pro Soccer Coming Back to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by CCSUltra, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Sirk

Sirk Member+

Apr 25, 1999
    Cleveland, OH
    I was hoping for the Chivas model, like, say, Dinamo Zagreb USA.

2. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't give me that crap. (Can I say crap? I'm so confused these days.)

What I do or don't do elsewhere is entirely irrelevant. Everybody on here is something someplace and most of that is a lot more significant, not to mention lucrative, than pounding out mewlings on some blog. (Well, except Peter, who's just too stoned most of the time to do anything but eat cheetos and Pizza Rolls in between changing the bong water) Around these parts I'm just another opinionated, dumbass hump. (A lot of people would gladly explain that that's a fair description of me all the time but those are just eliminationist haters addicted to violent rhetoric) who gives the mods headaches.

Hell, they banned me from the Philly forum a few months ago for calling some douchebag an "idiot" for promoting fan violence between them and Crew fans. It was absurd but it's what their mods wanted and I didn't go whining to the people who run the website. I fight my own battles. And that includes the Crew mods who still send me nastygrams like they do everybody else.

Granted, I do put my pants on two legs at a time and I've been known to walk on water occasionally but nobody around the Crew forum has ever given a crap.

3. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not so sure its out of touch. All I ever really saw when I lived there was teens and twenty somethings (into thirties I suppose) wearing the EPL big 4, and the odd Italian jersey. Granted, this would be more downtown and the eastern burbs.

The Eastern Euro neighborhoods and population isn't what it used to be (unfortunately so too, I would like to add). And, I feel whats left tends to be rather insular. Even if it was there and marketed a bit more towards them I'm not so sure they'd care.

4. suspenders1964

Mar 4, 2000
    but there are plenty of families right? families are what make the American soccer world go 'round. the families have most of the disposable income. they have money lying around! if we market to families, they'll buy all the food. if we market to families they'll buy all the season tickets. if we market to families we'll grow our fanbase by leaps and bounds! if we market to families our stadiums will be completely void of all atmosphere and our beer taps will never run dry! they do have families don't they? please tell me they do.

5. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    Umm...half of Akron's indoor rec teams are composed of ethnic amalgamations, including Serbs, Bosnians and Croats. Slovenes are less organized for some reason. I guess we're not joiners.

If that's the case in Akron, I'm sure Cleveland is similar and then some.