NC Courage 2019

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by CoachJon, Feb 13, 2019.

1. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that the Courge have Stephanie Labbé, I thought I remembered she had a good game for the Spirit vs. Courage. Opening Day 4/15/17, she had 8 saves in a 1-0 loss; McCall scored the game-winning first ever goal for the Courage. www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEAI6snn5wM

Labbé's "degree of difficulty" did not rank up with Kailen Sheridan's 11 save performance in a 2-0 Courage win vs. Sky Blue about a month later on 5/24/17. Neither was as good as Nicole Barnhart's 14 saves in a 1-0 FC Kansas City win on the road vs. the WNY Flash July 23, 2016.

Here are some 2016 Labbé highlights - between "as long as we get right back to work," and eating pancakes on game day, she will fit right in. I think the Courage's outstandingly positive enviroment will be good for her.

kolabear and blissett repped this.
  2. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone have any rumors or other information about Julie King?

Jen Cooper's Keepernotes.com NWSL Rosters via Google Sheets lists Julie King as "new contract offered."

3. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Julie King has signed! :)
    1104037866500489216 is not a valid tweet id

Also Paul Riley did a podcast for Six Point Weekend on March 5:
    https://oakcitysupporters.com/podcast/2019/3/5/episode-39-paul-riley

Highlights for me:
    • He was offerred at least one National Team coaching job this off season (not US of course)- he said no b/c he is on a two year contract with NC Courage and he wants to stay.
    • He said he does want to coach a National Team in the future.
    • Leah Pruitt was absolutely his first choice for the draft and "after two days, she is doing great, so we were right"
    • The Documentary (10 part film) on the 2018 Courage by Film45 should be available on Netflix sometime Mid April to Mid May.

4. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Julie King is featured in the opening half hour or so of Episode 40 of the Six Point Weekend podcat. I really enjoyed it.
    It seems her ankle is not 100%, so they are monitoring her workload. No indication on the timeline for being ready to play a game.
    We will definitely need her when the Abbys are gone.

https://oakcitysupporters.com/podcast

5. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    CoachJon repped this.
  7. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep on keepin' on - we appreciate it!

8. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Brad Smith and I are scheduled for tomorrow's game. Hopefully the lightning storms let us get it in.

CoachJon repped this.
  9. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel very optimistic that there won't be a drop-off from last season, even with losing a crap-ton of players to the WC. I don't see Brazil or New Zealand going very far in the WC, so we won't lose Debinha or Kiwi for too many games. And hopefully Rowland is fit to play by the time Labbe leaves, because I do not want to have another rookie in goal again.

CoachJon repped this.
  10. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leah Pruitt seems to be more in harmony with the speed and style of play than Ash Hatch was in her first two games.

BlueCrimson repped this.
  11. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love that all 3 subs combined for the 5th goal. Shows how impactful our bench options are (even if Orlando was pretty checked out by that point).

CoachJon repped this.
  12. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Assuming everyone stays healthy (WNT and NC) Jill Ellis did the Courage a favor – we will have Williams and Zerboni, along with Mathias, O’Sullivan and Hinkle full time while the rest are away – a pretty damn good core.

In back, Kurtz and hopefully, Julie King can fill the middle. Paul trusts Speck, Eddy, and Hamilton in the midfield. Spetsmark has excellent midfield credentials. Hamilton also plays up top and Pruitt has tempted us with all around quality.

13. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yeah. Williams and Zerboni taking it out on the rest of the league could get ugly.

SiberianThunderT repped this.
  14. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  15. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RE Kayleigh Kurtz game vs. POR. Based on her previous outings, I felt her decision making was not good and I was thinking she was a not fast enough runner for this league. This game only confirmed those thoughts in my mind. Without Julie King, I don’t know what Riley can do until the Abbies get back.
    I thought the team did not move the ball nearly quick enough in the first half and without their usual stifling press did not create the right opportunities.

16. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have watched @sammymewy win 3 championships now. When I saw her in the huddle after today’s win, all I could think about was Varsity Blues; This was said with respect and affection: “......Billy Bob cried; because he’s a crier.....”

lil_one repped this.
  17. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's one from Neil Morris:

Sawedoff and MiLLeNNiuM repped this.
  18. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Is there a way to watch today (Aug 14) the International Champions Cup matches between NC Courage, Manchester, Lyon, and Madrid teams?

Youtube?

20. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NC Courage and Manchester City game is on ESPN+. I'm not sure on the rest.

1161984737877139457 is not a valid tweet id

Smallchief repped this.
  21. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Dear ESPN,

When you show a game on TV, please take the time to put the lineups on your site. Morons.

Sincerely,
    puttputtfc

22. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    59Amerinorsk repped this.
  23. lil_one

lil_one Member+

Nov 26, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure where to put this, seeing as how she's retired, but this seems the best place:

HAO just announced that she's expecting a boy in June (and congrats to her!). If you do the math, that means she was definitely pregnant during the playoffs this year (and perhaps also during the last few games of the season, depending on the exact due date). Impressive.

CoachJon and 59Amerinorsk repped this.