NC Courage 2017

Discussion in 'Western New York Flash' started by CoachJon, Jan 12, 2017.

1. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Field level replay of Williams' goal. What I liked best about the goal was Lynn's hesitation move that got Pearce to shift her weight to her right and enabled Lynn to make a clear space to Pearce's left to shoot. (That move is not as easy to see from the field level).

BlueCrimson and blissett repped this.
  2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    CoachJon and blissett repped this.
  3. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NC Courage Marketing: Merch and Tickets (vouchers) now at Circle K convenience stores.
    http://www.northcarolinafc.com/news...artnership-with--north-carolina-football-club

“We are excited to expand our partnership with North Carolina FC and North Carolina Courage by offering ticket vouchers and merchandise in our stores,” said said Melanie Svinis, Brand and Advertising Manager for Circle K. “These 60+ new ticketing locations will create a convenient opportunity for fans to pick up their tickets while going about their daily activities, and save some money in the process. Select stores will also offer fan gear, so our customers will look great when they cheer on North Carolina FC and North Carolina Courage.”

Vouchers for General Admission tickets for both NCFC and NC Courage games will be available for purchase at over 60 Circle K locations in Wake County and surrounding areas for $10, a $4 discount from box office prices.​

Gilmoy repped this.
  4. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    So... Courtney Niemiec has retired.

That solves the Darian Jenkins problem.

The remaining question is whether Kristen Hamilton (with a "17" tattoo on her arm) switches back to #17 (Niemiec and Hamilton swapped the 17 and 23 in the offseason)

CoachJon repped this.
  5. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't Courtney initially one of the undrafted try-out players? I saw her play and thought she was a decent player. Too bad to see her go.

6. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I saw that in saturday's match Kawamura was tackled hard and had to come off injured, limping on a bent knee. She subsequently wasn't called by NT coach Takakura for the upcoming cycle of Nadeshiko Japan's friendly matches vs Belgium and Netherlands.

Does anyone know how serious her injury is, or have I to wait for the next injury report on NWSL website?

8. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    The Courage thread, despite being in a forum named for a team playing in the UWS, is the 2nd most active team specific thread this year. As I said months ago, if the Courage don't deserve their own forum, nobody else except the Reign do. I don't know why you won't accept that.

Yes, and I don't think anybody here expects it will. But that's no reason for the Courage to be treated differently from all the other teams.

orange crusader and blissett repped this.
  9. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    If you consider this "active" in any sense of the word, I can't help you.

There is zero reason to create a Forum for me to cross-post 8 more Twitter photos this season.

I'm also bemused by your OCD need for everything to be identical. You should have that checked.

10. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The team announced today that it was the A-word. She's done for the season.

blissett repped this.
  11. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Sob, not exacty what she had hoped for from this exciting challenge of a season in NWSL. :cry:

Thanks for the info.

12. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    #162 holden, Jun 2, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    It's a comparison. More active than the other team's forums. There is no arbitrary number of posts here defining active, since you still refuse to share what number it is that you define as active.

That's true. And if that's all that you're gonna do, then why do you really think your opinion on how a forum you're not going to use for discussion but only for personal promotion of your photos should matter more than the people who are using the forum for discussion?

I'm bemused by your apparent failure to understand despite repeated attempts to clarify that nobody says everything has to be identical. Just that there needs to be clearly defined rules so every team is treated fairly. You say that only teams who have enough activity deserve a thread, yet you refuse to share how you define that. In the past I even went to the effort of counting the number of posts, threads, and unique posters each team's forum had received in the past year and six months to make it easy for you. It was really easy. All you had to do was say, all the teams with this number of posts or less don't deserve subforums. But you still refused to answer what amount of posting is required to be labelled active and continue to insist that only the Courage don't deserve one. It must be some crazy equation you made up to figure that out, since it somehow says every team (even the ones with fewer posts in the past 6 months) except the Courage is active. So I really can't fathom how you calculate that.

• If you were saying no team has the required activity to deserve a forum, that's fine, I would not argue with you about that.
    • If you were saying no team other than Seattle has the required activity to deserve a forum, that's fine, I would not argue with you about that.
    • If you were saying no team other than Seattle and the 2nd most active team (NC) have the required activity to deserve a forum, that's fine, I would not argue with you about that.
    • If you were saying that no team other than the <insert number here> most active teams have the required activity to deserve a forum, that's fine, I would not argue with you about that.
    • But saying <any number of teams more than 1> have the activity to warrant a forum but the Courage are not among those teams, then I disagree.
    So what is it? Where is this mythical activity level that warrants a team having their own subforum?

blissett repped this.
  13. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Back to the actual soccer team. I'm very sorry for Yuri for the season-ending injury. It is also not good for the team. When she went down, it did seem bad and I was disappointed for that game that they did not have Niemiec to put in.

Is is possible Riley can get Niemiec back for the rest of the season? I assume he would have to offer her significant playing time to get her. She is originally from Philadelphia, I think, which is not that far away.

I think NC should play a 4-back not a 3-back. I think Dahlkemper and Erceg should both be center backs, not fullbacks. I think HInkle needs to drop back to left fullback, as much as I like her as outside mid.

Riley has used Eddy, Smith and Speck at right fullback.

Eddy is not on the injury list any more, but in the past i have been critical of her defensive play, so I don't like using Eddy on D as an option, especially on Saturday, given the rust she must have.
    Smith is not a defender, but she has played there on this team and with Leroux coming at us on Saturday, I think for this week, Smith must be the choice at right back.
    Speck is a smart player and tenacious. Her overall skill set must place her at least a half rung below starting caliber, otherwise we would have seen more of her over the past couple of years.​

To repeat, I think if Riley tries a 3-back vs. KC, we are screwed.

With McDonald doubtful for the game, there is no way NC can win a 6 goals to 5 goals game, which is Riley's preferred game plan.

With Yuri out and a new right back, I have to go with D'Angelo on Saturday in goal to minimize changes. Otherwise I want Rowland to be our starting keeper.

blissett repped this.
  14. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Fairly?

Really?

Fairly?

What the hell does fairness have to do with anything on BigSoccer?

How about you worry about the team you support, and I'll worry about the team I support. Looking over your shoulder to see if another team's discussers has some other setup is a waste of time and probably not mentally healthy.

My guess is that there are somewhere around 10-12 active posters in all of the NWSL forums and probably double that in the occasional drop-ins or lurkers.

There's a whole wide world out there. Go explore. Stop worrying about me and a couple old Flash fans talking about the Courage in the Flash forum.

Fairly? - I'm pretty sure you don't understand what that word means.

Any relevance is purely inside your head.

15. Soccerhunter

Soccerhunter Member+

Sep 12, 2009
    What is the news here on McDonald?? She maintains incredible fitness for her age, but I worry that she doesn't have too many more seasons left given her incredible engine and work ethic. Injuries late in one's career are worrysome with regard to recovery time with the clock ticking. I really hope to see a lot more of her this season!

16. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Well, it is what it is, Andy. Why so heated about it? Or would you prefer that we shut down everything and, since we're so few here, we call it a day and stop posting for good? I actually don't understand what's wrong.

Ok, there's no doubt that other social media took the place of traditional forums, but it's not as women's soccer in itself ever was a subject that attracts millions of people discussing it every monday in bars or in office as men's soccer does. I mean, the fact that a women's soccer forum is marginal is written on the wall since the beginning.

We're 10-12? Apart that it looks to me that we're at least a little more and that I guess there are more lurkers than one could suppose (as long as anything even remotely works as in Nadeshiko Japan forum, where I had evidence that there was people reading us along the years, that later became active posters), but I am perfectly ok with sitting in this little lonely pub in the country. We're just a few? Ok, but, instead of living each one on his own, alone in our particular part of the world, we found this place, where we can exchange some words about our passion.

And I actually see nothing wrong in having it organized in subforums. There could be people who are not fans of a particular team who could be annoyed if the general discussion forums would be clogged up with discussions they're not interested to (ok, "clogged up" is a big word, but it's the general principle what I am talking about). On the other hand, the system of alerts makes it easy to stay updated with each thread anyway, as long as you decide to "follow" all of the ones you could be interested to. The only problem, in fact, is if you want to post the same thing on multiple threads but, actually, why would you want to do that, unless you're a troll?

holden repped this.
  17. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  18. CoachJon

CoachJon Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This ^^^
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

holden and blissett repped this.
  19. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Please tell me where I recommended that - at all.

20. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    #170 holden, Jun 4, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    Sounds to me like somebody is a little upset that I pointed out the flaw in your argument and can't find any way to respond other to than to continue to insult me.

Well, it's pretty clear that this isn't the thread for a team you support, or you might realize why someone from Los Angeles might be interested in the NC Courage... :ROFLMAO:

So why are you doing that?

And how exactly does that disprove/contradict anything I've said?

That is a very presumptuous thing to say. You don't know what I've been doing. If you actually participated in these forums rather than just using it as a place for personal promotion and to lambast the lack of activity in the Courage thread, you would've seen that I had just been away travelling. :ROFLMAO:

The only reason I worry about you, is that your singular opinion (OK, you and a few people you called in to back you up in the thread, who don't even post in the NWSL forums) seems to have overruled the general opinions of everyone else here. The funny thing is that you have all this anger and resentment towards me, when I don't even personally disagree with not giving the Courage their own forum (I've already stated, in a response specifically to you, that you quoted, so you must've clearly read it, that I don't think they should have one because I don't think any team has enough activity to warrant one and we should just have individual team threads in the main NWSL forum, but that was not the popular sentiment with the posters here*). But that's fine, you can continue to attack me for not knowing what a word means (or whatever you might come up with in the future now that I've pointed out your lame methodology) if that makes you feel better about yourself. It doesn't change that fact that you are completely wrong about the NC Courage not having enough activity compared to the other teams who have one, though. And that's all that I'm saying. You can't just willy nilly decide one team gets a forum for no reason and another team doesn't get a forum for no reason. There has to be a solid reason that staff can lay out when people come complaining.

* I mean, heck, there even used to be this crazy poster in here who actually agreed with me, until it turned out that disproved his argument:
    If postrates validate it. I hate to bring this up again, but what's that equation you use where all the old team's postrates validate it, but the Courage one doesn't?

21. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I don't. I'm here. In the Courage thread, minding my own business. You're the one that shows up randomly trying to have things rearranged.

If you're not here in this thread to talk about the Courage, why even bother.

I only replied to your out of the blue, unrelated to the North Carolina Courage, post.

22. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Couldn't agree more. Live and let live.

Go Courage!

23. holden

holden Member+

Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Yes, my "out of the blue" response to you bringing up the topic... (Like I said, I was away travelling, so yeah, my post wasn't right after you made yours, but it was right after I read it).

Maybe I would talk about the Courage more if every time I came in here it wasn't filled with you promoting the sales of your own photos or you harping on the lack of activity in this thread and how the Courage don't deserve their own forum. I did actually want to talk about the GK situation (I'd like to think I might have some knowledge of Rowland's strengths and weaknesses...). But I don't know... I wasn't a fan of the WUSA Courage, so am I even allowed?

24. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    When? That discussion ended a couple months ago.

25. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Wow. Just, wow.

I'm pointing to galleries - that cost ZERO dollars to view.

If you would prefer that I not share high quality, professional, photos of North Carolina Courage players with other North Carolina Courage fans.

Sorry you don't like FREE photos.

There isn't even an option to buy the photos. News outlets may license them, but they're not trolling BigSoccer (or Twitter) looking for them.

I can't imagine being so bitter that the mere act of sharing is somehow a negative thing.