NBC Sports Networks thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SirFozzie, Aug 8, 2015.

1. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There seems to be some confusion about what game they are showing on regular NBC this Saturday 12:30 PM Eastern.

My guide says City-Arsenal. But nbc’s website says TBA.

Is it really true that they haven’t settled on a match yet??

They’ve had like 10 days of Interlull To prepare and decide.

2. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Since there is only one match kicking off at 12:30pm ET, I'm going with Man City vs Arsenal... ;)

As somewhat of a side-note, the Premier League schedule has been set thru Nov. 2nd and there are no overlapping matches. Saturday kickoffs have been set at one match each at 12:30, 15:00. 17:30 & 20:00, while Sundays see 12:00, 14:00, 16:30 & 19:15. Check out my calendar on the page.

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com

3. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are going to put Rugby on NBC and save the EPL match exclusive to Peacock!

4. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. Duh. Odd that nbc’s own website wouldn’t list teams. Last night.

5. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So now that we’ve established that tomorrow’s 12:30 PM game is on regular NBC, what does that mean about where I would find it later in the day to stream on my phone? (I can’t watch it live sadly)

I already have NBC Sports and Peacock apps, And was hoping not to have to download/authenticate yet another app.

Also, how soon after the game ends, will it be made available to watch as a replay?

(Praying that spoilers can be avoided as well!)

6. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just finished watching the replay, and for the record...

1) It was on Peacock only, not NBC Sports. Which I guess makes sense, given how NBC positions these 2. But man unification would be nice!

2) No idea how long after FT the replay became available. (I only know that I looked for it 7 hours after

3) Peacock's GUI is very good for not spoiling results the way NBC Sports often does

4) Peacock's stream was very good, solid... comparable to what I get from ESPN+

FoxBoro 143 repped this.
  7. FoxBoro 143

FoxBoro 143 Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the update. What device did you stream from?

8. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Laptop/browser/peacocktv

Redbullsnation2012 and FoxBoro 143 repped this.
  9. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    #2059 alexolympiacos, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    For the rugby fans like me there is good news.
    The rugby pass on gold is moving to peacock. The 6 nations conclusion this year moves to peacock immediately.

https://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/...me-of-nbc-sports-extensive-rugby-programming/

Looks like figure skating is also coming to the service.

I hope that the ski pass now on gold moves there as well.

I’m getting the feeling that most gold packages are all going to migrate to peacock. Which will make it a bargain like ESPN+.

The service also has added a live and upcoming schedule. That’s useful.

Redbullsnation2012 and BocaFan repped this.
  10. corolla

corolla Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That is good news. I literally just signed up for Peacock yesterday and was wondering why they had upcoming rugby matches listed but no replays. I guess that answers that question.

I’m curious as to why they’re not showing the prem final today though. Maybe when the new season starts in late November?

11. alexolympiacos

Mar 5, 2010
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    They must have heard me, because the snow pass has moved to Peacock! I’m so happy since I’m a huge alpine ski fan, but will also get access to ski jumping and biathalon.

NBC, I don’t want to seem ungrateful, but can you add the speed skating and athletics pass while you are at it? I promise I won’t ask for anything else. HAHA

For me, with rugby, skiing and premier league, Peacock is already the second best sports streaming service after ESPN+, and if they add the 2 passes I alluded to above, they will close the gap to ESPN even further.

And Peacock has as a bonus non sports shows and movies from the NBC archives. AKA things that I don’t watch and care nothing about.

Ok, maybe I have watched a few saved by the bell episodes. For nostalgia purposes. Haha

daniloni repped this.
  12. Non-dairy Creamer

Feb 28, 2007
    does anybody know if NBC is happy with the number of subscriptions they are getting for Peacock?

I noticed a lot of the premium, big 4 matchups, like Liverpool v. Man City and Liverpool v. Arsenal are being pushed there.

If you're a West Brom fan like me it's been good, they've been on like 4 times!!! My backup teams are Everton and Arsenal but it's funny how lesser teams like West Brom and Everton are on more often now.

Just curious.

13. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do you support three teams in the EPL? I’m no probability expert, but it seems like you might have a 30% chance each weekend that one of your teams is playing against one of your teams. Doesn’t that present conflict for you, a bit too often? ;)

14. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Peacock is on sale at 50% off for annual subscription, $24.99, if anyone is still on the fence.

BocaFan repped this.
  15. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    For me, Peacock is third-best out of the 3 soccer channels I am subscribed to (ESPN, CBS, Peacock). The other 2 are no brainers but not sure I would subscribe to Peacock if not for COVID. Especially since the app is not available on my smart TV.

16. Non-dairy Creamer

Feb 28, 2007
    well, I don't, but West Brom are the ultimate yo-yo team, having been up and down 5 different times. It's just that you have positive associations with other teams in the league and Everton and Arsenal are that for me. Some teams you naturally just dislike over time and others you learn to like for how they play.

NorthBank repped this.
  17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    A 6-in-38 chance, I believe (16%). Six such matchups throughout the 38 matchdays. :geek:

NorthBank repped this.
  18. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I kinda do the same thing tho.

I'm an Arsenal fan, but I normally follow a team (usually one of the promoted sides) and follow them as well.

When Arsenal plays the other team, I still root for Arsenal obviously so it's not really a conflict but I'll root for them when they are playing non Arsenal sides.

I actually root for Brentford in the Championship so if they were to get promoted I guess I would have two teams in the EPL to root for.

19. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting. That's even bigger discount than they would do for Gold in December.

But I've been paying monthly ($5 I think) so it probably wouldn't save me a ton to switch to annual, assuming they'd even allow me to get that offer in doing so.

Inertia will probably win. I also like the idea being monthly. If Covid forces the EPL to fold, then maybe I'd just cancel indefinitely.

20. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brentford sounds like a good 2nd team to have. And we fairly often play them in pre-season. Maybe even steal a few of their players over the years.

For me, my 2nd club has more often been Fulham, partly due to them being in London and partly b/c of the Yank connections over the years.

Hey, how come we rarely if ever see you over on the main Arsenal board? All are welcome, especially those who are civil. :rolleyes:

21. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I had read a book about the owner of Brentford and that's how I started following the team.

Yep I kinda liked Fulham too when Dempsey was playing for them.

I definitely need to go over there more often. The Arsenal and Napoli forums.

22. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is there a link? The regular website doesn't seem to mention any discount.

BocaFan repped this.
  23. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    I think it was a one day promotion they were running. They will probably have something similar for Black Friday, so keep an eye on it.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Was the offer $25 for a year (next 12 months) or $25 for the rest of the season?

25. Art Deco

Art Deco Member

Dec 10, 2009
    It was for the year. The Premier League just happens to be part of the vast array of programming on Peacock. They're not tying a promotional period to the PL season.

BocaFan repped this.