NBC Sports Networks thread

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by SirFozzie, Aug 8, 2015.

1. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    You're not remembering correctly. There are replay rights issues with other American media companies (like YES, right?).

Redbullsnation2012 repped this.
  2. Real Macao

Real Macao Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    annoyingracoon01 and QPR Kevin H repped this.
  3. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Always going to happen with a financial top 5 team playing. Chelsea aren't playing well at all but that just places the drama on what may happen with Mourinho. Also Villa get decent billing in the US with Guzan and the Lerner connections. Palace-West Ham for the enthusiasts who will seek it out on Live Extra or Extra Time.

4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mentioned two 10:00 A.M. games on a regular channel and one you wish was on a regular channel without even mentioning first place Manchester City plays then also.

5. Real Macao

Real Macao Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    Manchester City vs Bournemouth and Chelsea vs Aston Villa don't figure to be very competitive matches. West Ham vs Crystal Palace is probably the second best matchup of the weak from a table standpoint (ManU vs Everton is next).

6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but don't the most popular clubs get better ratings in games they are expected to win big than other clubs get for competitive games? If they played at the same time, BeIN Sports would always show Barcelona vs. last place club rather than the middle two clubs against each other.

7. beInSchwartz

beInSchwartz Member

Aug 20, 2012
    Club:
    ABC Natal
    Be like showing Southampton/West Ham in October last year...pointless. Show the big clubs.

8. Real Macao

Real Macao Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Club:
    Crystal Palace FC
    We should play a weekly "guess the NBCSN and USA games."

This week, there is no 7:45 AM game on Saturday. The 10:00 AM fixtures are:

West Ham v Chelsea
    Leicester v Palace
    Norwich v West Brom
    Stoke v Watford
    Aston Villa v Swansea

West Ham v Chelsea will clearly be on NBCSN. What will USA show (if anything)? I'm guessing Leicester v Palace.

QPR Kevin H repped this.
  9. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Should be Leicester-Palace... Villa-Swansea may sneak in there.

10. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    QPR Kevin H repped this.
  11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Major scheduling clash on Saturday afternoon between Formula One, EPL and Rugby world cup semifinal. Looks like EPL is the big winner even though it is just a run-of-mill match between Arsenal and Everton. That game is being shown on NBC!

It's interesting because the other 2 events are the biggest or near biggest spectacles of those respective tournaments.
    The U.S. is hosting the Formula One and is on NBCSN, while rugby gets the shaft - shown on tape delay on NBC after the Arsenal game even though its a semifinal featuring the All Blacks.

12. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    The Rugby World Cup schedule was mapped out way in advance -- and since it's such a niche sport in the US and so far behind soccer -- they still go the PPV route for many matches. Arsenal (probably the 2nd biggest English club amongst US residents) and Everton (Howard) is actually quite a big match in NBC terms - I'm sure they're happy with how that lines up on their Saturday. Would out-rate RWC or F1 on NBC.

13. daniloni

daniloni Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jul 17, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The rugby semifinals are on the unviversal sports channel. They only showed the USA games and the semifinals. (I think the final will be on NBC.) all other games were pay per view.

14. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Formula 1 from Austin on Saturday is practice and qualifying. The race is Sunday on NBC.

LaxBandit repped this.
  15. Lovac1

Lovac1 Member

Jun 6, 2012
    any guesses for this weekend 11AM game. I'm thinking CP-Man utd on NBCSN, Swansea-Arsenal on USA with Man city-Norwich not on tv.

16. TJNash

TJNash Member

May 22, 2012
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe not on your TV. It will be on my TV, along with every other match.

Redbullsnation2012 and bigtw64 repped this.
  17. Ironbound

Ironbound Member+

Jul 1, 2009
    Anyone else not getting any live or replay PL matches on the NBC Sports Apple TV channel any more? Nothing is there but highlights now for me.

18. reillyduke

reillyduke Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    You have to reenter your login stuff every week or it goes away really sucks.

19. QPR Kevin H

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I don't have a problem with the app not keeping me logged in so much as they're constantly updating it... which requires re-download and eventual re-log in.

20. reillyduke

reillyduke Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Yeah my Apple tv gets turned on every day whether it's used or not just for the updates so I didn't mention them but that's probably the issue

21. bigtw64

bigtw64 Member+

Aug 16, 2003
    florida
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    In case nobody noticed, the Universal Sports Network has ceased operations, so I guess some of those obscure sports that they carried will find their way over to NBCSN, or maybe CNBC on weekends

22. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Looks like these events will mostly go to either Universal HD or streamed on NBC Live Extra.

www.nbcsports.com/olympic-sports-schedule

23. annoyingracoon01

Aug 29, 2014
    Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Many are saying that it's because nbc is in the works of making an olympic channel with the ioc.

24. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So just wanted to confirm that tomorrow they are doing the Breakaway format on NBCSN for the 10am ET matches?

My Tivo's guide still shows the Watford-Spurs match on NBCSN. But if NBC made a late decision to do Breakaway Monday then that would explain my guide being out of date.

25. socceraction

socceraction Member+

Oct 20, 2000
    Breakaway format is confirmed. But it wasn't a late decision. Many guides must be short staffed for the holidays and not bothering to change. NBC announced their schedule for this past Saturday & Monday last Tuesday!

Note - each 10am ET match will be available on its own on the 'Live Extra' channels. Here is a complete schedule: http://soccertvblog.com/england-tv/

SA
    www.soccertvblog.com