NBC Sports Live on Apple TV

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by saabrian, Aug 16, 2015.

1. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Broadcasters whine a lot about people watching via "illegal" websites. Yet, I've had all kinds of problems the last two weeks trying (and usually failing) to watch the Premier League via NBC Sports Live on Apple TV. My Internet connection is fine. Watching the app on my iPad is fine, just can't beam it to the TV.

It'll go through 20-30 minute stretches with no problems at all. Then there will be buffering problems. Then I will log in and go back in or reboot and I can't get back in at all. Says content will not load. Sometimes, it will load, show a minute or two and then go to a commercial and then say there's an error. Sometimes, it will load to content from 30-45 minutes prior.

Individual taped clips are fine but live streams do not. It's ridiculous. I want to watch it the legal way. I have a legal login. Yet I am reduced to watching it on one of those crappy pirate sites. And this is not counting how only one replay of yesterday's 6 (?) games are available today, if it even works. Given how good NBC Sports on screen production is, it's infuriating how crappy this online service is.

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    These points kinda confused me a bit here.

If it works fine on your IPAD why would you do the whole illegal pirate thing? Wouldn't those be worse on your TV?

I noticed that the best streaming experience for me personally has been the Windows 8/ Windows 10 app. Which kinda makes sense since they are one of the main Premiership on NBC advertisers.

However I do see a lot of Iphone and Apple Watch commercials too so I have no idea.

3. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now the second half has started of MC-Chelsea and it says "There are no live events at this time."

4. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because I was having issues beaming my iPad's video to my Apple TV. I've since resolved it. But of course, this means I can't use my iPad during the game. Or alternatively, I have to watch it on my small iPad mini rather than on my big screen TV.

I don't understand why the streams work on one platform and not the other.

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't know. I wish I could help. I don't use an Ipad and Ipod much for the NBC apps.

I have an Android tablet that has a mini projector built into it and just watch the games on a big screen that way.

That, or I use a chromecast which works okay.

6. reillyduke

reillyduke Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    If you have an Apple tv the app is available on your tv and you don't need to worry about your iPad

7. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The point of this post is that it's working only erratically and sometimes not at all on the Apple TV, which is why I'm using my iPad.

8. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    You are not alone. Apple TV was crap for me this past weekend and attempting to watch directly from the NBC website on my laptop was no better.

I do know that the Apple TV Youtube App worked pretty crappy for me up until they did something to fix it. Maybe NBC or Apple needs to work on the app.

9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  10. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
  11. reillyduke

reillyduke Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I was not seeing any of the epl content until I logged out of the app and logged back in then you have to look under sports and select the epl

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  13. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    I sure wish Apple TV could get a few more of the major networks to sign on. Still waiting for a CBS and NBC app.

The Youtube app has been fan-fricking-tastic for watching a lot of things from Discovery and AMC :whistling:

14. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see both NBCand CBS apps on mine... though I think it's fairly recent.

15. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Yes, they just added those but it appears that you have to pay a monthly subscription to watch just about all of the CBS programming and some of the NBC stuff.

16. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was watching Watford-Man City and it switched to NBC Kids in the middle of it.

I don;t think I've ever watched a game via the Apple TV where there weren't technical problems.

17. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States