NBC Olympic soccer channel??

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by spottedeagle, Jul 28, 2008.

1. rcornish4

rcornish4 New Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Virginia Beach
    Anyone seen these channels yet on Dish Network?

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, I think there will be no commentary for all the games.

By the way NBC Olympic soccer channel still shows nothing but a black screen for me even though there are 3 soccer matches being played as I type this.
    Gotta love Time Warner! :rolleyes:

3. Sgunner

Sgunner New Member

Jun 8, 2006
    Michigan,USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Need help in finding Olympic Soccer/Basketball Channels in Ann Arbor, Michigan area.

I called Comcast, got no help from them.

Thank you

4. saabrian

saabrian Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go to Nbcolympics.com, click on listings, punch in your zip code and then choose your provider. It will tell you what channel number it is.

Just bear in mind that the Olympic Soccer Channel is only available in HD, so if you don't have HD service, you'll have to find the game mixed in with other programming on the regular channels... as I unfortunately found out this morning after DVRing a blank screen. :-(

5. spottedeagle

spottedeagle New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    So today during the women's matches I noticed that NBC had "brief" commercial breaks during the run of play... this was a little annoying! Where these commercial breaks also on the Olympic Soccer Channel??
    What do you all think about these "limited commercials"??

6. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There weren't any breaks on the OSC. They had minute-long segments or so at the half, but nothing other than that.

7. nancyb

nancyb Member

Jun 30, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to say bravo to NBC for their Olympic soccer channel. I got up this morning to watch the Argentina-Nigeria game in its entirety, seeing the game without knowing the results ahead of time and not having to stay up past my bedtime (sorry, I have to get up early every day and midnight start time just didn't work for me).

8. angelinjones

angelinjones New Member

Oct 23, 2008
    NBC Universal is going above and beyond in its coverage of the men’s and women’s soccer tournaments at the 2008 Beijing Olympics.For cable customers with digital service, NBC is presenting two new channels offered for the duration of the Olympics: One features only Olympic basketball, the other only Olympic soccer.
    -----------------
    Angelinjones
    Internet Marketing

9. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the?