NBC Olympic soccer channel??

Discussion in 'Business and Media' started by spottedeagle, Jul 28, 2008.

1. joaquin17

joaquin17 New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    people have been saying that the regular channels should be showing the matches, and for the most part they are, BUT:
    I noticed they're not showing the women's opener of Brazil v. Germany on a channel other than NBCOSC. I'm not usually a fan of women's football but that game should be too good to miss.. anyone know what channel NBCOSC is on Comcast; if it will automatically be provided on Comcast, or if I need to ask them specifically; etc.?

2. cklab

cklab Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Dallas
    Yeah I'm not seeing the USA game on any channel on regular DirecTV. Not even on my local NBC station at 0400 EST...

3. joaquin17

joaquin17 New Member

Aug 5, 2008
    I just called up Comcast and you can only get the channel if you purchase the extra Sports Channels (for about 4.99)

In my area (Palo Alto Digital Cable) NBCOSC will be channel 618.

4. lynesjc

lynesjc Member+

Arsenal
    United States
    Jun 21, 2001
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    DirecTV programming guide has it on Universal HD, but the dedicated soccer channel is not showing up in the guide...yet.

Channels 750-756.

5. spottedeagle

spottedeagle New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    I was looking at www.livesoccertv.com and they have Canada v. Argentina Women's match August 6th being aired on channel USA, yet my comcast listing do not show this as being correct.... is this match really being broadcasted by NBC on USA?

I also was looking at the matches being televised on Telemundo on August 7th, but once again, comcast seems to have screwed up with the times on their listings... atleast in the Pacific Timezone... I'm really confused!

6. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    618 is Gol TV and is part of the $4.99 sports tier. You talked to a clueless Comcast employee.

7. vancity eagle

vancity eagle Member+

Apr 6, 2006
    can the olympic soccer channel be recieved anywhere in standard defiiition on dishnetwork ?

8. s0ccerstud86

s0ccerstud86 Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Columbia, Mo
    I've been looking for it since 4 this morning and haven't been able to find it. Any help?

9. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't see it on SD Dish Network.

I've been watching all three matches this morning on the live streaming on nbcolympics.com. The picture quality is fantastic (especially compared to what we're used getting from MLS).

I'd definitely suggest checking out the live streaming. You don't even have to listen to annoying commentators.

10. rafaelj

rafaelj New Member

Nov 13, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    I have Dish HD ... the channels show up on my screen, but no moving images, just a pretty screen letting me know how proud they are to present the Olympic Soccer Channel. I called Dish and no-one there has a TV with HD to check what's on those channels ... impressive!
    Too bad I can't see the streaming video on the NBC website, since I have a non-Intel Mac .... ;-(

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Actually they're showing Brasil v Germany on tape-delay on Caracol (en espanol). Here's their schedule for today:

11.15: Argentina v Canada
    13.30: China v Sweden
    15.45: Germany v Brasil
    18.00: Norway v USA

(all times Eastern)

It doesn't look like this channel is showing any men's matches.

Meanwhile, here in New York, my programme guide says "Soccer HD" on channel 198. However when I go there, its still just a black screen. Nothing showing! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Actually Caracol are showing men's matches on Friday, when the matches will be more than a day old:

11.15: Honduras v Italy
    13.30: Cote d'Ivoire v Argentina
    15.45: Brasil v Belgium
    18.00: China v New Zealand

12. Noffke3000

Noffke3000 New Member

Dec 14, 2007
    Huntsville
    Anybody out there know about Knology? I'm in Huntsville, AL. I plan to call this afternoon. Will post back if I find something.

13. Enganche

Enganche Red Card

Apr 30, 2003
    So I turn on MSNBC this morning hoping to catch the second half of US vs Norway and while the rolling guide on my Time Warner Cable says "Olympic Women's Soccer" currently airing on MSNBC, I turn the channel on and there is a recycled documentray airing on it!!! It is 5.50 a.m. here in southern California so I can't call customer service yet. Anybody else having this problem?

And I am one of those now increasingly rare people who don't have a high speed internet connection so online streaming video is not an option for me.

14. peteo

peteo Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Daly Citay, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You guys could give tvguide.com a try.

I have Comcast and their "Summer Olympics: TV Listings" page is listing every event that will be on, including the local time (PST for me), date/time and channel number. :cool:

15. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I switched from Total Choice to Para Todos years ago for soccer. I love all the soccer I get in Spanish, and I only really miss BBCAmerica and ESPN Classic - which unfortunately for me has started showing a fair amount of live soccer.

16. spottedeagle

spottedeagle New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    On Comcasts tv listings along with www.tvguide.com, they have both matches tomorrow on Telemundo as being delayed broadcasts later in the morning (PT)... but on NBC.com they say the matches will be live... Are they being broadcasted live or delayed?? PLEASE HELP :-(

17. akindele12

akindele12 Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    I got the two channels on Comcast, and I am getting the sound but I am not getting any picture. Do I need to have HD to get those channels, even tho most of the programming is not on HD.

18. Milhouse

Milhouse Member

Dec 29, 1998
    Clifton, NJ
    I posted this in the US national team forums, but I'm not sure if all of you go there. Please read and call NBC to express your displeasure with the all soccer channel not coming up. If you have DirecTV, call them too.

Ok, I had major issues with DirecTV this morning. I woke up to watch the U.S. women play Norway and was able to watch it, but I also wanted to see what was going on with the other games. The all-soccer channel (755) was not on and it wasn't even on my guide.

I was not happy, so I called DirecTV and they said the designated Olympic channels (750-756) will not be active until AFTER the opening ceremonies on Friday. They instructed me to call NBC directly.

I called NBC and they said they have received a number of calls and are "working on it."

I think we need to flood their phone system and make sure soccer gets some respect. Let's call and show them soccer is important!!!

Here are the numbers:

NBC - (212)-664-4444
    DirecTV - 1-800-494-4388

19. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After finally getting through to someone who understood what I was talking about at Comcast, they were able to find out that the NBC Olympic Channels (Soccer, Basketball) will not be available until monday.

Until then I guess I'll have to watch non-US games online, (the NBC online player is superb, the quality is great for a live stream).

I'll give NBC a call anyway....

UPDATE: Just called and talked to three people from NBC (all in different departments), and they said there wasn't anything that they could do, and their best advice would just be to check the channels during the games.

I have Comcast, and after talking to others who also have Comcast and have gotten the channels already, they're supposedly popping up on channels 221 and 222. When I check my guide, the listings jump from 220 to 223. Maybe they're leaving those empty until after the opening ceremonies, and planning on putting them up on monday like I was told yesterday?

20. Neutral Fan

Neutral Fan New Member

Dec 27, 2000
    I DVRed to USWT game live on the Soccer Channel, when the game was live they did not have the channel up and running. Dish Network has the Soccer Channel on right now. I DVRed the MSNBC feed as a back up.:(

Aaron

21. spottedeagle

spottedeagle New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Does anyone know how to record silverlight streaming... my computer is'nt fast enough to watch the matches at nbcolympics.com, but if there is a way to download the video file, I should be able to just watch it on my computer later without the slideshow I am seeing now :)??

22. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry for the double post, but if you're going to call that NBC number above, ask them to transfer you to "Network Sports" once the operator picks up.

The guy that I just talked to is a total dick. The people at NBC are just as clueless as the people who work for the cable providers. He was pretty much laughing at me.

I don't know what else I can do but just wait until monday. Hopefully I'll get it then, and good luck to the rest of you on DirecTV, Time Warner etc.

23. akindele12

akindele12 Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD
    So I guess it's streams for the US game, cause I checked Telemundo's listings but I don't see the US game on there. They're showing the Italy game instead, it's just not Soccer, I have the same problems with the Basketball channel.:mad:

24. akindele12

akindele12 Member

Jun 16, 2007
    Silver Spring, MD

I just my chacked the listings(comcast) and it's coming up as a live broadcast at 4:30 a.m. and 7:30 a.m.

Which channel can I watch the US games on?

25. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, basically the network channels (NBC, MSNBC, etc.) will only show US games with the exception of Telemundo.

If you don't have the Soccer channel, you don't have the Basketball channel and vice-versa. They both come together.