NBA "Hot Stove League" talk, redux

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by AndrewGK, Sep 8, 2002.

1. scudley

scudley New Member

Mar 13, 2001
    Syracuse, NY
    has everyone heard the latest on this Bison Dele saga? (He and his wife and a ship captain have been missing for months)

Apparently his brother (Miles Dabord) called his mom and said that he (Miles) is suicidal, and something to the effect that he doesn't think anyone will believe his side of the story, but he wanted her to know he didn't do it... speculation has ensued.

2. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    THE BOTTOM ************ING LINE IN THIS ************ING DEAL IS THAT THE PISTONS WERE PRIMED TO TAKE THE EAST (aka the CBA) THIS YEAR AND NOW THEY THREW IT ALL AWAY FOR SOME JOKE WHO WASHED JORDANS JOCKSTRAP LAST SEASON.

yes I am aware that I am yelling.

************ YOU JOE DUMARS!!!!

3. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Granted the pistons went further in the playoffs last year than the Sixers, but the Sixers were a joke last year too. Was it Coleman that failed the physical, that would be a shocker. To bad, that trade woulda been great for the pistons, and the Sixers coulda sank back into the crap of the Stackhouse era they had been in before.

4. Megatron

Megatron New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Chicago
    There was the Eastern Conference Finals in 94' right after Jordan retired and it was Scottie's team,and at the very last part of game 5 the Knicks passed the ball to Hubert Davis.Hubert Davis shot a 3-pointer and missed,however Hugh Hollins decided to call the "the phantom foul" and the Knicks made 3 free throws which cost the Bulls the game and the Series.Until this day I wonder what would have happened if we would've won that series and played the Rockets in the Finals.We could've gone for the 4-peat!!

5. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ahh the phantom foul. I remember that play well. However, it was only 2 free throws since they didn't allow 3 foul shots for a 3 till 95 or 96. Still, the Bulls tormented the Knicks way too many times to be upset over that. I have so many Bulls memories that'll make me get violent. And as someone said before, yeah, I get all pumped when someone mentions the classic Pacers/Knicks rivalries of old and the Heat/Knicks. They replayed game 7 of the 94 Finals the other day on ESPN Classic and I couldn't bare to watch. RILEY YOU MORON!!!!

6. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    hey MAegatron....how about Charles Smith actually being fouled? how about the zillion calls the bulls got from the refs, much like the lakers are getting now?

The worst was in 98 against the Pacers when Pippen was raping Mark Jackson and Bird and Jackson went to the media and every writer in America was writing about the royal treatment the bulls were getting so the refs completely changed the way they called the game....and the Pacers took 3 of the next 4. The Bulls were a great team, but no way they win 6 titles without help from the refs....just like the Lakers this year against the Kings.

ESPN actually did a segment about this on sportscenter and showed clips of the Bulls traveling, hacking and making shots after the clock expired, etc and Dan Patrick saying "the Bulls may have benefited more from referee favoritism than anyone in the history of team sports."

7. otterulz

otterulz Member

Arsenal, Atleti
    South Korea
    Jun 20, 2002
    LIC, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How about Michael Jordan bitch slapping Willie Anderson in game 4 of the 96 Eastern Conference Semi-Finals. I think that missed call was crucial and the Knicks should've won that game. Sure it was the 72-10 Chicago Bulls and the Knicks probably wouldn't have beaten them, but hey, would've gone longer than 5. MJ never got called for anything.

8. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Dr Jack's take on the Stack-Rip trade

Though Ted may disagree with me, this trade helps and hurts both teams equally. Wizards get a proven scorer and a veteran. Pistons get a better shooter and someone who shares the ball, but lose a little defense and experience.

9. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    The Wizards/Pistons trade - simply .... ugh. I think both teams lost out there.

Bad news - appears that Alonzo Mourning is probably out for the year with his kidney problems; they have taken a turn for the worse.

10. Ted Cikowski

Ted Cikowski Red Card

May 31, 2000
    Dr Jack is senile. He is 184 years old. ************ that stupid old man.

Stackhouse averaged like 5 assists per ame last year, actually I'd say he was the best passer on the Pistons. ************ this ************************ trade and ************ all of you who think it was a good trade. I want to kick someones ass over this ************.

11. hangthadj

hangthadj Member+

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Zone 14
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Theteam will go further without Stackhouse than with him. Only to lose to the new and improved Sixers in the CBA finals.

12. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    Ewing press conference scheduled for Tuesday

Seemingly, Ewing is set to hang it up.

Considering his age and deteriorating skills, a good move for him. I wish he could have gone out a bit better, but at least he's not dragging out his career anymore.

I'm really showing my age here, considering I remember him playing for Georgetown :p

13. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Dude, I hated those tee-shirts under his jersey. It was so nasty to see all that sweat.

Sad to see ya go, big fella.

14. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    If you live outside an NBA city are you going to any exhibition game in or near your area?

I heard that in Columbus, Ohio the Cavs and the Raptors will be playing.

Tue, 10/15/02
    7:30 pm Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Toronto Raptors Schottenstein Center
    Columbus, OH
    on sale 09/20/2002 10:00 am

I will be there.

15. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    Good God :eek:

The Cavs? The Raptors?

Pass!! :p

16. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Bump!

Jordan is back for one more year. :rolleyes: Yea!

17. AndrewGK

AndrewGK New Member

Apr 12, 1999
    Dublin, Ohio, USA
    Re: Bump!

Some VERY good reading from MSNBC's Michael Ventre on MJ's return.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/812876.asp?0dm=s12Hs

I really wish he wasn't returning. I want to remember Jordan for being dominant, which he isn't anymore.

18. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Jeez, Ted. The season hasn't even started and you're already bitter! I'd say "Just bring it" and hook up the old Dreamcast and whoop your royal ass a few times but, well, I don't have an internet connection in the apt yet. (Macho...:rolleyes: )

But as a Jordan fan, I have to say it's hilarious that you're boy is "Joining the club". ;) So, the Wiz. have upgraded with Hughes, Russell, and Stackhouse along with Jordan coming back to play again. I say Jordan goes about 50 regular season games - the team will virtually be Stack's.

The irony: Michael Jordan used to taunt Bryon Russell when the Bulls met the Jazz in the finals some years ago. Remember? Jordan would say: "Is it Byron or Brian? I don't know..." To which an annoyed Russell responded: "Is it Michael or Michelle?"

19. Megatron

Megatron New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Chicago
    MJ say it ain't so!

I really just wish he would hang it up already and call it a career.Jordan had the storybook ending to the greatest career in NBA history.I just hope he doesn't come off the bench as a 6th man that would be truly pathetic.

20. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Re: MJ say it ain't so!

As painful as it is for us, the 6th Man is probably the best role for Jordan and his gimpy knees. That way, he can serve as a change of pace, come in for dead ball situations and keep himself fresh for the season. With Stackhouse, the Wizards don't need Jordan to be on the court for 35 minutes.

21. BlueMovie FC

BlueMovie FC Red Card

Dec 16, 1999
    Ohio
    stackhouse is better than Jordan right now. I went and saw the wizards play at the palace last year and Stack really took it to MJ. Still Jordan had a few game winning shots last year he still has a few tricks in his bag.