NBA All-Star Reserves revealed

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by TheSlipperyOne, Feb 3, 2004.

1. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  2. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I'm glad Kirilenko made the team too, but how on earth did the coaches pick Ray Allen ahead of Bibby, Sprewell, Finley and Nash?

3. Pack87Man

Pack87Man BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 1, 2001
    Quad Cities
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to go, Michael Redd!

4. odg78

odg78 Member

Feb 14, 2001
    North Carolina

Would you want to anger Jesus, son of God?

[​IMG]

5. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Sure. Jesus Shuttlesworth may be biblical, but he's no Flip Murray. (Which reminds me. It's a damn shame God Shammgod wasn't quite omnipotent enough to make it in the NBA)

Also, only one player from Detroit? Now, I realize that the Pistons depend on solid team play rather than superstar performances, but not a selection by the coaches? I would've picked Billups and Hamilton ahead of Kidd and Pierce.

6. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Marbury should have been called up. He's the only player ranked in the top 20 in everything. LeBron James deserved a spot.... a lot more then Jordan did. Sprewell should replace Allen. Sprewell has played I think in every game and still averages like 19 ppg with KG and Cassell on the team.

7. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chauncy Billups ahead of Jason Kidd??? You've got to be kidding. Ask any GM who'd they pick and it would be 29-0 in favor of the Nets triple-double and alley-oop machine.

8. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Are you saying this for the value he adds to the All-Star game or as a player during his current season?

The Nets had won like 10-in a row with Kidd as PG and GM.

BTW, he had some sweet passes in that game. My fav was when he threaded the needle from the middle of the court, bounce pass down to the top of the lane, between two or so guys, right to the player, in-stride. It was like he bounced it around the defenders, right to his teammate. Sweet stuffs.

9. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Just to clarify, I said that I would pick Billups ahead of the Nets GM, not because I think Billups is a better player than Kidd, but because at the time of All Star selections, Detroit was having a far better season than NJ. And as point guards, they are going to be judged partly by their teams' performance, though Kidd is clearly the better player of the two.

Of course, Pistons have been in a swoon since then while the New Jersey Kidds have put together 10 straight.