NBA 2003-2004 Regular Season [R]

Discussion in 'Basketball' started by microbrew, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
  2. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Very true. And since the East has to have a center or 2 on the All-Star team he made it last season. :p

As Red Foreman would say, Jason Kidd is a dumbass.

3. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Too many games to examine each and everyone, but let us not forget that the Spurs were behind the whole game and actually had the lead for around 40 seconds...

...the last 40 seconds, the most important ones.

It is Karma.

The Spurs courted another PG starter after he helped them win a title. Him being out only shows how much they need him. Speedy Claxton is gone, too. They lack a PG that knows their system, the cliche that is the PG as the coach on the court, and they, as most teams now, need to find the correct rotation is certain situations.

Jeff Van Gundy had the best comment on this factor. He said, he has his starting five but needs to find his finishing five...the combination that he will use to finish the games.

I think most teams are feeling the changes for the first few weeks and I wouldn't expect to see good ball until December and great ball until the Spring.

I would say that the teams that look good early may not be there at the end. Not to get back on LeBron et al, but the season is 82 games and all these kids will hit the wall sooner rather than later.

4. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    What team does Mo Williams(ex-Alabama) play for?

5. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I think TJFord is going to be a very solid pro. May not be rookie of the year, but he'll be averaging 7 assists and double digits in points very soon.

Laimbeer is a pretty bad commentator.

6. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001

Found it myself......Utah.

7. DSC05

DSC05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Detroit, MI
    Club:
    --other--
    It could be worse for you guys, I have to listen to him pretty much all season long and I actually prefer Laimbeer to the other color commentator we have.

8. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
    Speaking of commentators, Bill Walton? That's why they keep recycling Marv Albert.

9. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    [size="+2"]Fear the 'Fro, bro![/size]

The Beasts of the East have won back-to-back road games and won't be stopped.

[​IMG]

10. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ian, When are they going to start playing Darko?

11. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  12. microbrew

microbrew New Member

Jun 29, 2002
    NJ
  13. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  14. Jeff

Jeff Member

Apr 14, 1999
    Alexandria, NOVA
    Nugs beat Cavs in Melo-Lebron I. Nugs controlled the first 21 minutes of the second half just about completely. However, they also experienced major growing pains at the FT line, and it would have cost them the game against a better team. I gotta say that as jaded as I've become about the NBA, I like watching Earl Boynkins more and more each time I see the Nuggets play. Living in Denver, it'll be fun to watch this young team develop. BTW, Lebron's going to be awesome, but even with him the Cavs blow chunks as a team.

15. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Carmelo-Lebron 2 is in early December.

16. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Start the hype no..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

17. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In case anybody missed it, the Kings rebounded from losing to 'Melo and the Nugs by beating the reloaded T-Wolves in OT. :D

One of the less hyped offseason moves was the Kings' pickup of Brad Miller, who has paid dividends and then some. When Sactown gets C-Webb back, this team - which lost Jimmy Jackson, Hedo Turkoglu, Scot Pollard and Keon Clark in the offseason - will be a real force in the West.

EDIT: I just did a quick review of the thread, and this post is the first mention of the Sacramento Kings. :eek: I guess somebody's got to stick up for them...

Actually, maybe it's a good thing that the NBA's focus early on this season is on LeBron & Carmelo, and the Lakers and the Spurs. Maybe little ol' Sactown can go back to sneaking up on people and catching them unaware.

18. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Darko Watch:

1 game played (team has played 4)
    1 minute
    0 points
    2 rebounds
    2 turnovers
    1 personal foul

At least the Pistons are 3-1. Starting to hear grumblings on the local sports talk shows.

19. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    That means his rebounds per 48 minutes is 96. Damn he's good.

20. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Yea, but I doubt the refs will allow him to pile up 48 fouls in 48 minutes. But, then again, the refs are focusing on the traveling call this year, so they may miss some fouls.

21. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I hate the Lakers.

22. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    They got clobbered in New Orleans!!!!

23. Metros Striker10

Metros Striker10 New Member

Jul 7, 2001
    Planet Earth
    Boy are those Knicks soft this year! Not only did they beat the Kings 114-111, they out rebounded them 47-29! Allan Houston needs to improve drastically, I mean, 39 points for crying out loud. Don't even start with Van Horn! What was Layden thinking when he traded Spree for him!! 20 points and 13 rebounds! Deke needs to go...4 blocks and 7 rebounds, we need a younger center. Thomas should be benched, 17 points and 14 rebounds. Can't wait until Dice comes back. The Knicks definately need Van Exel, Ward fouled out with 13 points and 13 assists. Horrible night. Man!

24. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Congratulations. Your team moved up to 10th place in the East.

25. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    'Melo dropped 30 last night in a losing effort.