Natural grass againts DC United??????

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Juan Luis Guerra, Apr 18, 2006.

1. ax319

ax319 New Member

Jul 7, 2002
    You guys have it all wrong. Alexi meant a different kind of grass all along, and yes he is taking that grass back to LA with him. lets just hope he dosnt get caught with it at Airport security.

2. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    The quotation marks around promised are there to signify that Lalas allegedly said this (not an actual quotation), which you should have understood if you could have comprehended the rest of my first sentence (. . . actually he said . . .)

Rules of grammar 101:

Use quotation marks to indicate "alleged" or "so-called".

1. Quotation marks can be used to indicate "supposedly", "allegedly" or "so-called".

Examples:
    Peter's "mates" left him on the path to die.
    (so-called mates)
    The sheep were noticeably stressed. It must've been a very big "cat".
    (In this example, the quotation marks play two roles. They are showing a
    quotation of somebody who claimed the culprit was a cat and infer so-called or
    alleged too.)
    [picture]
    Using his father's equipment, Alexander found over 50,000 bacteria on a "clean"
    chopping board.

Apparently you weren't in class that day, Mr. Bee. No soup for you!

3. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jim said "He is only representing a single view on the use of quotation marks."

Mr. Bee replied "Of course, any other view would only be uncovered in Rules of Grammer 210, a class which was obviously optional in his curriculum."

This fictional use of quotation marks is brought to you by the letter.... B of course!

...sunny day, sweeping the clouds away, on my way to where the air is sweet...

btw - I found Alexi's stash...

4. Mr. Bee

Mr. Bee New Member

Feb 2, 2005
    Buzzing Around
    Club:
    Wolverhampton Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I "enjoyed" your post :)

5. Big-Time Crew Fan

Apr 8, 2000
    He also is wondering whether he will be replaced by the Austrian RB braintrust.

:)

6. wandering soccerdog

Mar 29, 2003
    People, don't you get it? Beckenbauer, Alberto, Chinaglia, Bogiecevic, Messing, Neeskens, and Rijsbergen *WANT* the artificial turf back because they know from personal experience how successful a team can be when playing on the fake stuff.

It's just another Cosmos conspiracy.

7. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    No the Cosmos conspiracy would be changing the name from Metro or from Red Bull NY to Cosmos. Never said we didn't want those former great men to work for the club now. Except For Cagnalia who has already failed three times in running a professional business as well as running two professional clubs into the ground.

8. MetroFever

MetroFever Member+

Jun 3, 2001
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    That Gold Cup final was a disgrace. Players slipping all over the place, chunks of sod flying, players complaining that the trays beneath them were moving and the grass which started out as green a week before was bright yellow by the time the US won the game.

FieldTurf or bad grass field? I'll take FieldTurf.

9. wandering soccerdog

Mar 29, 2003
    Umm....Gio...you may want to look at the new thread I just started titled "Name change again? Red Bull COSMOS!"

Your head is about to explode.

10. soccerfan

soccerfan BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 13, 1999
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

in the past they sold the grass, i know for a fact because it sits nicely in my towns main soccer field, and they had to pay for it.

11. Juan Luis Guerra

Juan Luis Guerra Red Card

Jun 11, 2001
    New York City
    I was not a the game Saturday, but can someone who was there tell me if they changed the field back to artifitial grass? or if its still natural grass?. I was away for the weekend and did not even watch the game on TV.

12. crusio

crusio New Member

May 10, 2004
    Princeton
    Artificial