Future Ex-Utd Players - The Mason Greenwood thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Acting like it isn't going on is the biggest factor in how and why it is gotten so bad. It is why religious gatherings have been an issue. It's why in Britain right now there has been a huge uptick in younger people having it and thus spreading it.

2. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Being immature is one thing. That is not what this is. This is being a legitmately awful person during a pandemic that has claimed hundreds of thousands of lives across the globe, while putting people on the streets and into poverty because certain people won't be responsible. Also what do you based this 90% figure on?

Also a party is not the same as multiple parties.

3. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    The fact that it's the Daily Mail, of all papers, makes me especially dubious. It's the single most despicable newspaper in Britain, and that's including the Sun. They are the paper that Sterling highlighted for how they report on white vs black players, who primarily exist to Stoke fear in middle aged white homeowners. The Daily Mail website is worse still, it's all the above with additional celebrity gossip and paparazzi shots of famous women on beaches.

Let me know if an actual newspaper, online or otherwise, picks the story up. Right now it's only the Mail, and the only thing I'd trust them to do is draw a swastika the right way round.

4. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The 90% figure is me being hyperbolic...probably. My point is, there are a lot of people, especially teenage through college age kids, that aren't taking covid seriously. Just look at how it's running rampant through colleges in the US. They aren't spreading it in the classrooms. It's from parties and going to bars. They're young, naive, selfish, and putting their social lives ahead of the general publics health. Just because Mason is famous doesn't make him any different in that regard, except that it makes it a story for the papers.

Deep Pal repped this.
  5. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    It depends.

I have 3 kids in college now and it was well drilled into them over the summer not to do any stupid shyte when they went back. Of course I cannot control who they hang out with or what their peers do but thankfully they've heeded the advice, they are making the right decisions and I trust them. But also I am constantly reminding them not to let their guard down.

Deep Pal, Futbol_Head and Amdrag repped this.
  6. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

7. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Yup - no other news site is running with it. Nothing to see.

jnielsen repped this.
  8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

9. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some elements in the Brit press desperate to make Mase the new Sterling...
    Been a trying week for him but I trust he'll learn from it. Have no doubt he has a strong support system around him, whether it's at home or at the club. They'll be there for them, as he sure needs them right now...

10. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I call BS. If Greenwood hadn't started this little media blitz by doing the dumbest possible thing in the middle of the pandemic, I'd be cool with this. But the only reason this is happening is because Greenwood decided to act like a complete and dangerous fool. The rest of the stuff might be noise, but it is noise he has made fair game through his own selfish actions.

Deep Pal and jnielsen repped this.
  12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://unitedshestands.wordpress.com/2020/09/14/raise-them-up-to-bring-them-down/

A take I'm very much in agreement with. It's pretty obvious that Mase is the latest player to be specifically targeted by the rags, the same way that Sterling was.
    Very obvious that the pics of Mase doing nitrous were not recent at all and it's just an attempt to create more dogpiling on Greenwood, when he's already down.
    Just as was the case with Sterling, I look forward to see how Mase responds and really hope he shuts some people up in the press pretty decisively in the process.

13. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What is with these British kids and nitrous? It's definitely a thing elsewhere but I feel like you hear about it more in the UK.

Amdrag repped this.
  14. Chaz Striker

Chaz Striker Member+

Jul 26, 2005
    Denver
    Yeah! Grow up and do cocaine like an adult.

Deep Pal, Amdrag and benni... repped this.
  15. Futbol_Head

Futbol_Head Member+

Manchester United
    Aug 18, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All I'm saying is that a little methamphetamine never hurt anyone.

Amdrag and benni... repped this.
  16. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    The article said Harry Maguire was one of us. Fucn out of here!!!

He is part of the team, but he isnt one of "us" in the way Rashford, Greenwood, etc are or Welbeck, Evans, Cleverly were.

Not having it.

Deep Pal, jnielsen, Amdrag and 1 other person repped this.
  17. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, he just got here. He's played fewer games for the club than Tom Cleverley or Jesse Lingard. Hell, I consider Romero to be "one of us" way more than Harry.

Amdrag and benni... repped this.
  18. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    johno, my man. Harry's white.

johno repped this.
  19. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You know, you aren't wrong.

Amdrag repped this.
  20. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mase makes the final shortlist for this year's Golden Boy.

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/mason-greenwood-makes-40-man-shortlist-for-golden-boy-award

Easily makes the top 10 (at a push perhaps even top 5, dependent on the parameters used to rank each player).
    Big season for him coming up (even more so if the move for Sancho does not materialize). Hit a bit of a rough patch recently recently but I'm backing him to show what he's made of and come out stronger, better and wiser on the other side of all of it.

Deep Pal and MileHighRD repped this.
  21. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I look forward to him doing even better than last year.

Deep Pal, Futbol_Head and jnielsen repped this.
  22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #247 Ashur, Sep 18, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2020

Ole's comments regarding Mase were straight out of SAF's playbook and it was great to see (as he was correct in the way United have protected him this past season).
    The kohai really learning from his senpai.

Deep Pal, Futbol_Head and benni... repped this.
  23. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...d-warned-over-discipline-by-manchester-united

Been touched on briefly in another thread. Was a bit leery at first since it was first reported in the DM, but more credible publications are going with it.
    This is not anywhere near a big deal yet, but when it's come so soon after his 'indiscretion' in Iceland with England, that is not the sort of thing we want to hear about him.
    Can only hope this sort of thing will be squashed by Mase pronto and he gets back on track becoming the player he is expected to be. Would just be a shame if he gets distracted and knocked too far off course.

25. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Just in case anybody was falling for that Greenwood late for training BS:-