Nations League: Italy vs Poland

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by johnny6, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Mean Machine

Mean Machine Member+

May 23, 2018
    Without Ronaldo maybe. However, I expect Portugal to play a very similar style to Poland. Chiesa and Belotti/Immobile must start on Monday.

2. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006

That fool is the product of Canadian sports media brainwashing. I guarantee you he hates himself.

"Top 20 footballers in the world". :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Midfield General and La Magica repped this.
  3. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Giovinco >>>> Balo or Insigne lol

4. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #129 Nek Sanalet, Sep 8, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Are we talking about the same Balotelli who has never scored 20 goals in a single domestic season of football (as a CF). Imagine his numbers if he didn't take penalties. Balo has never been prolific in front of net, does not work hard, gets frustrated easily, and is far from top 20 in the world. While he undeniably has skill, he has never been able to put it all together for any long period of time in his career. The most talented players do it on a consistent basis. He'll be approaching 30 by the next major tournament....might be time to permanently move on.

Chiesa has been playing well for more than one single game on the national team. He was the best player against France, where the French reporters were marveling at his pace and directness. This game against Poland isn't a lone example of his willingness and ability to take the game on and contribute solid minutes. Insigne needs to make way for Berna and Chiesa at this point. And if Mancini (and Allegri) try to put Berna in midfield, I would even start Chiesa and Berardi over Lorenzo.

Long story short, Mancini decided to leave Calabria with the U21 team. The one glaring mistake in his squad selections (though Zaza over Cutrone is another). Injuries to De Sciglio and Conti continue to see Zappa get picked, I doubt we see him much longer when health isn't a factor at RW.

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    @La Magica is neither. Balotelli is talented but he is lazy & does not read the game well. It is what holds him back from making that next level.

Midfield General and La Magica repped this.
  6. krado33

krado33 Member+

May 23, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'd rather give Insigne and Berna another chance with an active no9 (instead of zombie Balotelli)
    And i'm still holding out hope that Mancini switches to a 4-3-1-2 but i can't remember if he ever used that system as a manager.

7. ITALIA1982

ITALIA1982 Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Mancini should be replaced !!

8. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Should I wear some 3D glasses on Monday? Maybe I’ll see this Insigne creativeness on the NT. All I’ve seen so far is him trying to cut to his right foot and either give away or goal kick. Where’s the runs or taking guys on the dribble.

Calcio Pauly repped this.
  9. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Italy is in rebuild mode now . We do not have a proper number 9 we are missing great striker. Our youth teams are producing decent enough talents but they seem to get lost while up in the senior squads . Be patient my friends

10. GIGI RIVA

GIGI RIVA Member

Fiorentina
    Canada
    Aug 24, 2009
    Guelph Ontario
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    All the Chiesa hate . True he is not the next Baggio but he has been a improving player the last year or so

11. UdineseFan98

UdineseFan98 Member

Mar 12, 2017
    St. Catherines, ON
    Club:
    Udinese Calcio
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    can you ********ing read? I said talent wise. Balo can score goals that Maybe 3-4 strikers in the world can score.

12. totti fan

totti fan Red Card

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dribbling is not creating. Creating means passing the ball to other players in good positions so they can score. Without quality creative players football teams are predictable and easy to defend against. Typical England sides are a perfect example of this.

Insigne is our best creative option, he is not an out and out goal scorer like Chiesa and is therefore more versatile. And he did beat a player in the box in the second half with a slalom run before he was tackled by a second player.

We need to persevere with him, unfortunately he gets no support from anyone in this shitty team.

13. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    How many more chances do we give Insigne? He's had countless chances and he always comes up small. No pun intended. I really wanted him to work out. He's got great feet and is a good assist man. But when teams pack in or have an organized D, he sucks and sucks badly. He needs lots of open space to thrive. One of the things that is not talked about with him is his speed. He's actually not that fast...at least not fast enough to break down organized Ds on the dribble.

The starting front three should be Belotti, Chiesa, and Bernardeschi.

14. Calcio Pauly

Calcio Pauly Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If it leads to a goal or an assist to a goal it certainly is.

So he dribbled someone, that was creative, even though he lost the ball by holding on to it too long?

The bottom line is that Chiesa was immediately more dangerous, his runs on and off the ball, did more than what Insigne did to that point. Insigne's problem is that he tries to do too much on the national team and even the Napoli fans on this board will tell you he does the same in club games. Moments of brilliance are not enough when you waste 8 of 10 opportunities.

What he should do is go to MLS where he'll have all the space in the world and score his 15-20 goals per season so we can have more people crying that both he and Giovinco should be called to the national team.

calabrese8 and La Magica repped this.
  15. TheAnswer1313

TheAnswer1313 Member+

Dec 12, 2007
    Charleston, WV
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    On the bright side we just beat Spain for the beach soccer championships lol

Rosay and totti fan repped this.
  16. verde-rubro

verde-rubro Member+

C.S.Maritimo + Liverpool FC
    Portugal
    Jan 15, 2005
    LONDON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  17. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Put a leash on your inbred @Tertuliano abd keep him on your boards.

18. BtownKj

BtownKj Member

Italy
    Jul 15, 2006
    South Korea
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  19. Anthony212

Anthony212 Member

Aug 8, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy reportedly transform to a 4-4-2 with Simone Zaza and Ciro Immobile together.

Finally I kept saying we need to play with 4-4-2. And it finally happens

20. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm seeing 4-3-3

[​IMG]

21. Tertuliano

Tertuliano Member

Jun 4, 2018
    Easy, Friendly banter amigo, Italians are ok in my book , just a little delusional right now in terms of what their talent level is and maybe guilty of living in the past a bit, BUT Portugal ain't ' what they think they are ' either, Never were. This should be a fun game to watch or a complete snore-fest.

22. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I'm seeing no Zappacosta and Balotelli and Chiesa in there.. so its a upgrade for me

23. Nek Sanalet

Nek Sanalet Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Dec 30, 2013
    NYC
    Club:
    AC Milan
    #148 Nek Sanalet, Sep 10, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    It's should be a better midfield with Bonaventura and Cristante. I just don't get playing Zaza in either formation. Play Berna in a 4 3 3 or Belotti in a 4 4 2 instead. But I guess its possible that neither are fully fit due to the season being in its infancy. We will probably see both come off the bench with Insigne (though I hope Barella gets some minutes instead) at some point.

24. DOctore13

DOctore13 Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Immobile as captain says a lot

Rosay and gumbacicc repped this.
  25. johnny6

johnny6 Member+

AC Milan
    Italy
    Jun 29, 2011
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Playing very sloppy, we should be down 2-0.