Nations Cup on TV?

Discussion in 'Africa' started by betes, Dec 14, 2005.

1. betes

betes New Member

Apr 13, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    Does any one have any information about the nations cup on TV in the US? Was the last nations cup broadcast here? I somehow doubt it, but perhaps north americans would a have bit more interest in it this time with both the US and mexico facing african sides at the WC...

2. gohb

gohb Member

Apr 27, 2001
    ART America, which is an Arabic station that you can order through DISH Network, will likely be doing the whole tournament. TV5, the French network, also available through DISH, usually does a high percentage of the games. I haven't seen any official verification on either, though. The official websites are

www.art-tv.net
    www.tv5.org

3. betes

betes New Member

Apr 13, 2003
    Baltimore, MD
    thanks for the info. i don't have dish network, but at least if tis available some soccer bars might be showing it...

4. gohb

gohb Member

Apr 27, 2001
    An official update from TV5--I e-mailed them and they replied that they will be showing the knockout games after the group stage, but not the group stage itself. So they'll do the quarterfinals, semifinals, 3d place game and Final.

No word yet from ART America.

5. Theo

Theo New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    another thought is that perhaps we could get games via PPLive or something like that...i saw most of the 2000 tournament at soccer bars in DC but haven't seen much of the last 2 finals.

6. yujam

yujam New Member

Nov 26, 2005
  7. gohb

gohb Member

Apr 27, 2001
    Thanks for the link. Note that the site says "Gambia" when it means Guinea. Also, since the last two group games take place simultaneously, they'll only be showing one in each group. We'll miss out on Libya-Morocco, Togo-Angola, Ghana-Zimbabwe, and South Africa-Ghana, unless they decide to show them on tape later.