National Team Thread

Discussion in 'China' started by druryfire, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    go ask your chinese friends...
    i thought you said you gonna get stick by them lol.
    i think they will be more than happy to provide translation.

2. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    High on life? :rolleyes: Are you actually cursing or are you typing * to censor yourself?

3. seb_perpignan

seb_perpignan Member

Jun 5, 2005
    france
    Club:
    Shandong Luneng
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    i have to admit im one of the pple who throw stones at Qu Bo, saying that he was not fit for the NT as striker, he missed lot of opportunity, if u set him like Jiang Ning on the side with his speed and his cross that can make a good add, the only thing i have to said about him as "striker" is he don't have cold blood when need to do the last move

4. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Qu Bo can actually cross?

5. dsong2006

dsong2006 Member

Jun 4, 2007
    couple things that i noticed after not following the NT for a while now, first of all this young team exudes confidence and doesn't not shy away or panic when under pressure. The backline is very discipline and looks to create, not just clear. The overall physicality of the team is a lot better than before, the older Koreans could match up heightwise but half of them look like starving N. Koreans(no offense). Also our counterattacks have worked wonders and our flanks have are solid on both sides. This game just proves its not the best players that win games, but the best 11 guys that can play together. I think if we insert a Zheng Zhi, Zhou Haibin or Hao Junmin and have Mao Jianqing, Shao Jiayi or Chen Tao for back up we have ourself a very confident and fearless young NT.

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    lol i totally forgot his existence..i hope he is doing well now.

7. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    his cross makes me LOL
    similar to watching sagna of arsenal LOL

8. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7tnHVx6GlY"]YouTube- [2010 East Asian Football Championship] China 3-0 South Korea[/ame]

Highlights from match

9. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    brilliant result, team played with fire, defence and organization was as good as the previous game. saw the match while packing my bags to go home for CNY...hopefully its a sign of good thhings to come and not a flash in the pan result.. happy tiger year everyone:D

10. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Let's just say last night was a good night...

Please, out of those guys you mention, only 1 is a regular NT player, and for good reason.

I don't mean this only at dsong (or even necessarily at him), but people, lets be realistic. Last night was a great win in a meaningless game. I'm happy about it, but it doesn't signal any improvements or changes or anything, its just a good win in a match. If we can sustain the way we played and do the same in serious competition, that would be great, but lets remember this was the same team we were cursing just a month or two go, with the same coach who we wanted fired, and understand that we can be happy about the result, but its only one result and it doesn't "represent" anything nor is it a "turning point".

11. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think these two games against Japan and South Korea pretty much confirm this theory i´ve had for a while now. Gao relies on counter attacking and his formation 4-5-1 is the prime example of that. It also explains why we´ve been playing so much better when playing stronger opponent that likes to control the midfield and attack with alot of players(remember Germany 1-1, Iran 1-0, and now Japan 0-0 and South Korea 3-0) hence giving us alot of space when we get the ball and sometimes score. The only game against a stronger opponent that really misfired under Gao was against Saudi Arabia (1-4) but we didnt play that bad that game either. Whenever we play "weaker" opponents where we are supposed to dominate possesion, that´s when we really struggle. The recent ACQ and friendlies against Jordan more than confirms this theory. That´s why im not that confident in our next game against Hong Kong, i still think we will win but certainly not by a large margin. I really hope they prove me wrong and show that we can play the dominant side aswell not only as a counterattacking team, cuz only then are we showing improvement

12. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Spot on, how did you know? :D. What bothers me is that while Real Madrid is sponsored by Bwin, they never show any of their games! (Yes i support Real :p) Although we have La Liga on local tv, i wanna watch CL games too.

13. Puckodum

Puckodum Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Sweden
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think he meant in general, most people tend to make excuses when losing to a "weaker" side. And obviously by this record of yours, we are the weaker side.

I will definately support all the asian competitors, yes Australia aswell in the coming WC, cuz u guys represent our continent, make us proud!

This win against Korea doesn´t mean very much to me, mainly cuz i havent been around as long as most of the fans here to be affected by that so called "koreaphobia". The best thing about the win, i have to say is the humility that it brought forward to some korean fans.

14. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    Japan - Hong Kong: 3-0 FT. Now Japan and China both collected 4 points and have same goal difference. But China has greater chance to win this championship because it is easier for China to score goals against Hong Kong than Japan against Korea. Japan may draw with or lose to Korea too while judging from the performance of Hong Kong so far, it is very unlikely that Hong Kong can hold China to a draw.

15. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    How come the two matches in the fiinal round playing in two different days!!
    To be fair they should play at the same time.

16. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    They are both on February 14th. I guess Japan plays later because they are the host. Both matches are also in the same stadium, so they will get the worse pitch quality as they play second. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_East_Asian_Football_Championship#Matches_Detail

17. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  18. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
  19. Kenzhi

Kenzhi New Member

Jul 20, 2007
    ********, are you blind? Didn't you see I said we need to observe more games to see whether China can constantly play like this?

20. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Squad against Portugal has been announced

Shanghai Shenhua: Du Wei, Gao Lin
    Tianjin: Cao Yang, He Yang
    Dalian: Zhao Xuri
    Jiangsu: Rong Hao, Guan Zhen, Deng Zhuoxiang
    Shaanxi: Yu Hai
    Qingdao: Jiang Ning, Qu Bo
    Changsha: Liu Jianye, Wang Qiang
    Liaoning: Zhang Ning
    Shanghai East Asia: Zhang Linpeng
    Overseas: Feng Xiaoting, Hao Junmin, Shao Jiayi, Zheng Zhi, Zhang Chengdong, Wang Gang

Zhang Chengdong and Wang Gang in NT!!!

21. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

yes! deng zhuoxiang!
    and where does zhang chengdong plays now btw?

22. shingkei

shingkei Member

Mar 23, 2007
    China
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Mafra which is in the Portugese third level league.

23. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    If you call up Zhang Chengdong and Wang Gang, then you better play them. Hopefully they won't be just used for simulating Portuguese attackers during training. And perhaps they'll attract the attention of bigger Portuguese clubs on the basis on one spectacular goal, à la Hao Junmin.

24. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    shifting attention to china vs. hong kong..

for china. it would be a good practice and confidence booster
    hopefully most players who joined this tournament will have a chance for an appearance
    and all the best to china. i am hoping for a comfortable win. and china can gain their 2nd title for this eaff tournament.

meanwhile for hong kong..
    i would be watching this match to show my support of ng wai-chiu, auyeung yiuchung, and chan siu-ki (hopefully still not injured)
    winning china might be difficult, but i wish they will enjoy a good experience.

yawn. honestly i think watching china vs. hk is more entertaining than the opening ceremony of 2010 vancouver olympics..i am falling asleep...

25. teamdragon

teamdragon Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 2008
    Somebody in this thread had a theory about this new China team doing well against the strong teams but not necessarily so against the weaker ones. I think he's on target. Not going to be easy against HK, esp if Chan Siu-ki plays.