National Team Kits for 2010 FIFA World Cup

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by Get-Robbed, Oct 12, 2009.

1. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Customized US Jerseys

Its a goalkeeper jersey for the US. They look bad ass, but the US hasn't said anything about selling them.

2. rustynation

rustynation New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I'm beginning to wonder if anyone besides Benny himself has Feilhaber shirts. My mother said that she'd buy me one because I now have room for one in my closet, but a local store that sells discounted US shirts doesn't have a customization option on their website and I don't see them on the BigSoccer store.

Why is he seemingly the only US player whose shirt I can't find premade?

(And apropos of nothing, I wish the SportsCenter host would pronounce 'Didier Drogba' correctly.)

Edited to add: I found it on soccer.com, where my sister has a membership, and I know that if she buys it, it won't arrive on time.

3. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Re: Anyone know when the USMNT 2009/2010 Kits will be availiable?

I've looked through a few pages and I apologize if this has been asnwered, but what are the differences between the authentic jersey and the actual jersey this time? Is the venting on the side the same?

4. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually own an a game worn authentic one with the qualifying patch.

5. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston

in the world cup jersey thread in the apparel forum, someone posted side by side pics of brazil replica and authentic jerseys.

there are some subtle differences like sizing, material, vents, crests, etc.

6. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia

Thanks. I had forgotten about that forum and noticing how different the vents were was driving me crazy yesterday.

7. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

can u give a link

8. skippybentley

skippybentley Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The USA Crest is still pretty bad. This is what it should look like.

[​IMG]

9. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    you know, for the longest time i hated our crest. but now, it doesn't bother me anymore. sure, i wish it looked like the old 1950 one. but it's our crest, and until it ever gets changed, it's here to stay. i love it.

10. UnionFreak1

UnionFreak1 Member+

Oct 14, 2009
    Tucson, Baja AZ
    Club:
    FC Tucson
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that would be like the Germany crest.

11. rustynation

rustynation New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Okay, so that makes two people.

Actually, I think I've seen two others, and mine is in the mail.

12. vponce75

vponce75 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 16, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Qualfying patch? Why would the new jersey have a qualifying patch? Shouldn't the old jersey have that patch while the new one have the WC patch?

13. athens77

athens77 New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Durham, NC, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So after battling with the Big Soccer Shop for days over my In Stock Away Jersey I am told today it is definably not coming. So now I have to scramble. Any idea who might have these in stock. Also what "brick and mortar" type places have these?

14. vponce75

Aug 16, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Sports Authority (in Chicago at least) sells them but my location had only smalls left. Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  15. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    ooh. i'll have to check out sports authority.

all of the domestic online shops i can think of had the away sold out or only available in XL. inconvenient because my girlfriend, all of a sudden, wanted a dempsey jersey. (she's starting to buy into the world cup mania.)

i ended up buying a home dempsey jersey for her in size small from soccernucleus.com. $79.99 w/ printing (not including shipping). good price, imo.

16. vponce75

Aug 16, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, they actually had a cool display a long the whole wall. Addidas and Nike jerseys from several countries. My location is usually pretty lame so I imagine at other stores there are doing it up pretty good. Now that I think about it I'm going to check the Sports Authority downtown after work. I have my Home jersey ready to go but I'm thinking I want the away too now...

17. GalaxyGal

GalaxyGal New Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Endline 101 Row A
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    This is probably a good place to ask this. Is there any place online to get the WC patch for the jerseys? I don't have to have it asap, just wondering.

18. blazindw

blazindw Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Those usually start popping up towards the end of the WC. Vendors on eBay will have them, you just have to stay tuned.

19. athens77

athens77 New Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Durham, NC, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I snagged the very last medium home jersey in the triangle at Dicks on the "fifteen-five-oh-one". I really wanted the away. BigSoccer Shop is on my shit list now. Don't list things as "In STOCK" and when I call promise me they are "waiting to ship" when you don't actually have the kits!

20. GOREVS3000

GOREVS3000 Moderator
    Staff Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Sep 18, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How do people feel about knockoffs? Even if they're damn near authentic knockoffs?

I work with a lot of Guatemalans and Hondurans and they all got amazingly perfect USA jersey knockoffs, not to mention of their home countries.

21. CMeszt

CMeszt Member+

Farewell Sweet Prince
    Jan 9, 2004
    Gentrification's Apex.
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    important question: do we know what colors the group C teams will be wearing for the matches? I'll assume we wear blue against England and white the other games, but occasionally FIFA can throw a strange one at us like having both teams wear away kits for the USA/CZE game.

22. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    navy against england.
    white against algeria.
    navy against slovenia.

someone posted a link in the world cup 2010 jerseys thread in the apparel forum. it's a pdf that has info on the colors the teams will wear in the group stage matches.

23. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    i personally don't have any and don't have any intentions to buy any. i guess i just prefer the legit ones.

that said, i don't care if someone else has a knockoff. who am i to judge? especially in these times.

24. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008

maybe they can make some knockoff US kits that arent quite so ugly

25. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am fully against them

If you're going to support your team, support them.