National Team Jersey question??

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by mookhead, Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snoooop

snoooop Red Card

Jul 16, 2005

you every heard about History?

We LOVE our white/black Jerseys and we give a :eek: what an guy from india says about them. it is our History we won 3 WC Titles in white/black .

we dont need more colors, we are not gay or girly, we play football and not Frauenschach.

Our Heros from 1954 worn white/black and this will never chance.

2. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am not a guy. Can't you make out by the name.
    What does where I come from have any relevance with the discussion?It is an opinion. I know you won 3 world cup and 3 euro titles in the same jersey. I had said you before, you are the most sucessful team in Europe. That in no way indicates that your jersey is the best. Even when Germany was a world champion, or Eurochampion, the jerseys of other countries were more popular than German jerseys. That is becuase most people find that black and white combination very very plain.

Frauenschach? For schach white and black is a good combination, not for a footballteam as glorious as the nationalelf. Why is wearing a jersey that looks good ( not plain and boring) equated to being gay or girlie? Is Brazil gay or girlie?

Yes they did. But your team recently wore a red jersey against Italy. Looks like times are changing.

3. snoooop

snoooop Red Card

Jul 16, 2005
    [​IMG]

thats enough colors.

our nationalteam is not an comercial thing, this is not an Club like Bayern, Bayern has Gold away shirt, no problem, but a nationalteam is different.

look at italy, there wear since 100yrs the same colors, whats up with france? always blue and Brazil?? Yellow and Green.

France has the same jersey in other colors.

i would never buy an comercial jersey NEVER. i would also never buy an Pink Bayernshirt with T-Com on it.

this is an nationalteam, it has to do with tradition and feelings.

The best Jersey would be White with black Adidas Stripes and a black Adler on it, not more.

4. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I understand what you say.

But it is not totally commercial. It is about getting fans.

What I do not understand is why Germany insist on wearing white? That is not on your flag. What tradition is that?
    Also on this thread I read the history behind the green jersey. That seems improvisation more than tradition to me.

Look at Croatia or Japan or some new commer to the world cup. In Asia, those jerseys are more popular than German jersey.

I agree on one thing with you. The adler looks magnificent.

5. snoooop

snoooop Red Card

Jul 16, 2005

thats the problem, they do it for money and forget their tradition, ok Japan has not that big football tradition..

the green jerseys was at the WC 1990 and we still laugh about them ;)
    they was really ugly, but ok, its 16 years ago now.

croatia play many many years in that karo(?) shirts

Holland play in Orange

AND Italy plays in Blue !! their Flag is Green-White-Red !!

6. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    No, I'm not offended, actually it's kinda hard to offend me at all, I just thought this was pretty funny:

Actually it's ********ing brilliant!

7. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    [​IMG]

8. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    How about something like this? Would we attract more female fans? TOLH, what do you think? :D

[​IMG]

9. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Oh, and btw poorvi, I meant to point out: :)

India has a penchant for making the most ridiculous clothes. The tradition of wearing these colourful saris and turbans is really pathetic. I mean come on, the whole world is watching you guys, and you make such great food, but you subject millions of fans to these extravagant and overly colourful clothes. It even made great scientists like Ramachandran or Raman, who received the physics Nobel prize, seem ugly.

THESE TURBANS AND SARIS ARE THE MAIN REASON I'VE NEVER SUPPORTED INDIAN FOOD OR TRIED TO UNDERSTAND THE RAMAN EFFECT WHEN I STUDIED PHYSICS

Why does India insist on all this colourful nonsense? It's not on their national flag? I think they should add more simplicity to their clothes, and wear a white or black combination.

One of the biggest reasons that India is not as popular in neutral places, like Tibet, Pakistan and China are, inspite of producing better food and greater scientists than all of them combined is that their clothes are a put off.

10. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln
    i got the exact same jersey. Bought it in Karlsruhe in Karstadt sport.:D

11. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    :D
    Though that was full of logical and factual mistakes, it was funny.But anyways, I got the message.

12. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

Actually not.The only thing that sarong would attract would be moths. This looks like the sleeveless jersey Cameroon used to wear. Probably the only jersey that looks worse than your weiss-schwarz langweilig farbenlosen (forgive my grammar) combination.

13. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    OK. Glad you are not offended. And I hope you realise I don't mean it! I love Indian food, and studied the Raman effect in detail... :D

14. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Hmm, I am not such a big fan of sarongs as jerseys myself actually. Might lead to a few interesting sarong pulling scenes though, and make streakers redundant.

I am quite happy with the Germany jerseys. I actually would prefer it if they were even simpler (the ones with red and gold on it tend to be worse than the simle b/w ones). Chacun a son gout...

15. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Indian food is nice ( No, I am not saying this out of patriotic considerations). But you cannot club all food comming from India as "Indian food". We have Mughlai, South Indian, Punjabi, Gujarati, and many other styles which are distinct from each other. I could go on and on, but that would mean digression from the topic.

What Raman effect is I have no idea, but judging from your previous post, if it has got anything to do with physics, or any science or any kind of mathematics please spare me the details.

16. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Disgression doesn't really matter, the mods here are very friendly people in a different time zone (hello DF and TOLH).

I realise there isn't really such a thing as Indian food, just like there is no such thing as French food or German food. What I really mean is that I have two Indian cook books and I like the recipes in them, I like the food some of my Indian friends cook (one is from Kashmir and cooks a great Rogan Josh, and one is from Gujarat and cooks very good vegetarian food), and I like going to Indian restaurants in London and Cambridge. OK, I'll spare you the Raman effect. It explains why the sky is blue.

17. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I really do not think anybody can come up with something simpler than that. Maybe the 1974 World Cup jersey is what you have in mind.

But you must never forget, that when people pay 60 euros to buy a jersey, the least they expect is a minimal design pattern on it. Just a plain jersey for 60 e is no value for money.
    Just for comparisons sake, take a look at these two pics of Klinsmann

http://www.geocities.com/chowwing/kbm6.jpg
    http://www.geocities.com/chowwing/ejk.htm

Ths first one is from a Bundesliga match, in a season Bayern went on to lose. I think it was Kaiserslautern who won.
    The second one is the Euro96 jersey, in which Germany deservedly won.

The second jersey clearly makes the player look more serious and hence boring.

18. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Serious, boring? You realise you are talking to a German here! Serious is good! :D

I don't like the shorts in the first pic, the shirt is quite nice but looks Italian. I had forgotten Bayern played in pseudo-Italian shirts back then. Anyway, I hear you, but there's no way the b/w shirts will be dropped. You might as well ask for the German flag to be changed. Not likely to happen... you should have heard the outcry when they changed the second jersey from green to red.

19. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I personally do not like Gujrati food. Kashmiri cuisine is an offshoot of Mughlai.
    I am suprised staying in London, you haven't had Punjabi food.

Try this. My reccomendation
    Punjabi food at its best.
    http://food.sify.com/recipe.php?id=13265603&cid=13251836

some words that you might not follow
    kadai: a big curved pan
    garam masala: spices

Why is the sky blue? I thought that it was the reflection of the sea during day time. I was also under the impression that it is not blue in other parts of the universe, for eg, the sky that Niel Armstrong would have seen from the moon would not be blue. I guess this could be the dumbest paragraph on this message board. :D

20. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    That looks good. Mutton is a bit difficult to get, but guess lamb is just as good. Ghee is basically butter right? I am not sure if I had Punjabi food actually, I have been to lots of restaurants here so might well have had some. I made a palak ghosht from a cook book once which was punjabi I think?

The sky is blue because the Russians steal the red for their sunset. Or in other words, diffraction depends on wavelength.

21. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, Ghee is not exactly butter. You have to simmer butter (unsalted) until all its water boils off, and the protein layer settles to the bottom. Then collect the remaining butter, leaving the protein layer- milky part aside. That would be your ghee. Better if you can get it ready made. If not, ask one of your Indian buddies to do it for you.

I guess the problem with lamb would be that since lamb flesh is thicker, it would take much longer to marinate. I am not very sure about this, as I haven't ever cooked a lamb, just consumed it. :p

Palak ghost is in many cuisines, North Indian, Bengali, Mughlai and Punjabi.

22. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Ok thanks. That sounds like something you need to watch before you do it. I'll look around if I can find ghee in London. We also have a new work mate from tamil nadu and he seems to know where to buy things. He's vegetarian as well though so won't know about mutton. My non-vegetarian friend lives in Belgium so that's not much use... will marinate the lamb longer then.

23. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Let me know how you find it after you've attempted to make it.

Soll Ich mehr Indien recipie posten?

24. poorvi

poorvi Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Bombay
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Getting back to topic,

I've decided to rename the German team Die Langweilighemdschaft instead of Die Mannschaft :D

25. snoooop

snoooop Red Card

Jul 16, 2005

ive never heard somebody in germany saying to our nationalteam "Die Mannschaft".

Mannschaft is the german word for "Team" and nothing else.

Oder sagt von euch jemand Mannschaft zu unserer Nati??

I say Nati or Nationalmannschaft or Gurken :D