National League, anyone

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Sapphire, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate to break up the ALCS love-fest on these boards, but I would just like to say

GO ASTROS!!!!

They made me cry in '86, '97, '98, '99, '01 . . . but not this year. I am happy enough that we beat the Braves -- it's all I've really wanted from them in the past 7 years, seriously. But now we have a good chance to make it to the Series. :D Whew, there will be no sleeping tonight; too nervous. Good luck to the Cards, and Go 'Stros!! BBBBBzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Just want to spread positive 'Stros mojo all around. Feel free to resume usual Yankees-Sox banter . . . :rolleyes:

2. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    The Astros have always been my NL club. I loved the horizontal stripes, the white sneakers, and the Dome.

3. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Best uniforms ever. :)

[​IMG]

Good to see the Astros finally doing well, though I was pulling for the Braves in the division series. But they seem like a good group. Nothing in particular against St Louis either, they have been the best team in baseball this season. It just sucks that MLB makes its schedules so that its hard to watch all the ALCS and NLCS games.

4. Glenwood Lane United

Apr 28, 2001
    Hanover Park, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It makes a fella proud to be an Astro.....

5. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    What the hell are you goofballs still doing playing baseball? Dude, everyone knows the National League doesn't play baseball at this time of year. Why do you think we throw that huge end-of-the-season party every year - known better as 'The All-Star Braek?'

Love,

Amerifolklegend.
    Reds fan.

6. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    By the way, I don't think anyone here cangratulated us yet on being crowned the 2004 National League SubCentral Division Champions.

I'll assume by your silence that you're just bowing your heads in awe.

7. Sapphire

Sapphire Moderator

Jun 29, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its just not the same these days without the skin-tight orange 'n yellow horizontal stripes, huge tacky blue star and white leggings. I mean, a guy REALLY has to love his team to put on that uniform.

8. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Don't forget the sans-a-belt pants, very comfortable.

9. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Houston is the biggest shithole of a city in the entire state of Texas...and that's saying ALOT.

And anyone that can cheer on the Village People Cop look-a-like Jeff Kent needs to get a change of priorities.

sincerely,
    ex-Dallasite and current Giants fan.