Nation of Fire, Northwest Side watch party May 6

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Andrew_Oleksiuk, May 2, 2017.

1. Andrew_Oleksiuk

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Apr 27, 2017
    We're cheating a little bit this week. Because of the late game, the friendly confines of Pub 97 (technically not on NW side, but close enough) will be our gathering place for Chicago Fire vs LA Galaxy. We'll get a table. Find the Nation of Fire, Northwest Side sign on the table - that's where we'll be. There will be a free raffle and prizes! [​IMG]

skinut repped this.
  2. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'm still waiting for a video of the ********ing puppet show.

Red and White 97 and Jiggly_333 repped this.
  3. Andrew_Oleksiuk

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Apr 27, 2017
    xtomx, bunge and GHjelm repped this.
  4. sportscrazed2

sportscrazed2 Member+

Jul 30, 2008
    Mordor, Middle Earth
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is there never any Southside/Indiana watch parties? I saw like 3 people wearing fire gear in Indiana the last week.

Mikebsiu and goldclover repped this.
  5. Red and White 97

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Apr 22, 2017
    Make one then.

xtomx and bunge repped this.
  6. Andrew_Oleksiuk

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Apr 27, 2017
    It's true - be the change you want to see in the world. I started Nation of Fire, Northwest Side, because I sometimes drive to games alone (to be with 10,000 people). The Northwest Side is so huge, I figured there's got to be other folks in my same situation. So I started advertising 1) locally, and b) on Chicago Fire forums. So now I have over a dozen people who have contacted me and/or participated. Here are the caveats: approach some bars casually at first. Not all bars are soccer supporter bars - there is a lot of competition for your entertainment sports dollar. The two bars we've been to so far have been very welcoming. Others - not so much. What you want is a pub that will show the game - WITH THE SOUND ON - this is a specific requirement. I tell them the truth - that we are a small group just starting up and but growing, and no, I can't guarantee I'll bring in 10-20 people, its more like 5 or 6 (for now). Plus I had someone write "soccer is for d-bags" on my post in Everyblock (which Everyblock promptly removed). your mileage may vary and there are no guarantees. But if you are forthright and honest and do a bit of hustle, its not impossible. Both bars we've been to want us back.

bunge repped this.
  7. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    But to torture us with Dan Kelly is just cruel. :mad:

Actually, we all had a good time and a good conversation last week. I hope to make it out this week, but I may have another event tonight.

8. Andrew_Oleksiuk

Chicago Fire
    United States
    Apr 27, 2017
    hope to see you again soon, xtomx, and I'd like to talk to you about your suggestion for possibly our next bar for the DC game . . .

bunge repped this.