Nathan Hales! Metro-San Jose Viewing Party and Open Cup Roundtable THIS SUNDAY 2PM

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Empire Supporters Club, Oct 2, 2003.

1. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I couldn't
    I work from 9 - 3 on Sunday

2. Matrim55

Matrim55 Member+

Aug 14, 2000
    Berkeley
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The game was 4-6. I just don't have the words...

3. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    wish I was able to make it, alas could not.... shoot me :(

4. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    speak into the mike
    [​IMG]

5. BayridgeMetro

BayridgeMetro New Member

Feb 5, 2001
    New York City
    Havent caught anyone saying how Nathan Hales was.I couldnt make it because i was working,but im hoping there was plenty of people to make it worth Carl and Richies while.What came of the roundtable?Is there still talk of busses going from Nathans to the usoc final? How many folks were there?Any update would be appreciated,i make 90% of the Hales get togethers but couldnt do this one.

6. NJPsycho

NJPsycho New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Dirty Jerzee
    Nate's was fun. We had 15 to 20 people there. You have to love a place that opens up just to take care of a handful of people. Make sure you go to USSoccer.com and vote Nathan Hales as the Best Soccer bar.

As far as the "round table"; You're going to have to wait for an official announcement.
    [hint] Go to the bottom of this page http://www.empiresc.com/mf/esc/story.jsp?ID=1534 [/hint]

7. BayridgeMetro

BayridgeMetro New Member

Feb 5, 2001
    New York City
    Thanks for the update nj.I checked the esc site,whatever it is thats planned for Hales im there.Also bringing a minimum of 3 others and working on more.GO METROS!!!

8. Will there be ads in any papers?

9. Digilobo

Digilobo New Member

Jun 29, 2003
    Queens, NY
    i dont think a concrete decision was made about placing an ad, though someone had the good idea to look into irish neghborhood newspapers. i think this is definitely a good way to go, probably cheaper and targeting a more appropriate audience.

im going to try and wiggle fliers into some student papers i'm familiar with.

though i doubt theres any sort of budget for this, id suggest making the flier on the esc web site into a postcard. people love those go cards.

10. Ethnic newspapers are probably a better way to go.

There must be Polish, Russian, Hungarian, Romanian, etc. newspaper in NY. I'll try to search for them and maybe their rates.

11. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    Yes, let's spend $2000 on full page ads in Die Forvart and the Haitian Times.

I'm thinking this is a dead end, no?

And while the plans aren't finalized, is it true that one of the better ideas was to lay on some buses from Manhattan bars to the stadium? If so, excellent scheme.

12. jamison

jamison Member

Sep 25, 2000
    NYC
    There were some decisions, some plans made, etc. We will update everyone tonight in an e-mail, thread, yahoo posting, etc.

I also plan to write a poem in iambic pentameter and fold it into a paper airplane that will fly into the window of every soccer fan in NYC, Jersey, and CT. Serg's flyer will be on the back.

Thx.

BTW, the buses will run from Hale's, there will be some merch available for conspicuous consumption and we will paper the city red and black this weekend if at all possible.

13. BayridgeMetro

BayridgeMetro New Member

Feb 5, 2001
    New York City
    I cant wait for the info on the Hales bus! I allready took a half day the day of the game and the next day off to recover.If you guys need any help at the bar let me know,im available from about noon on that day.T his is the biggest day in Metros history i cant wait to do my part to make it memorable.