Nate vs Ante season long scoring thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Soccer&Sinatra, Apr 3, 2005.

1. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    I think he's in hiding. :)

2. NotAbbott

NotAbbott Member

Oct 11, 1999
    My Own Little World
    Don't worry, we found him in the parking lot after the game.

Later,
    COZ

3. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Is he in therapy now?

4. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. JeffGMc

JeffGMc Member

Oct 14, 2000
    New York City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    We're fuct. This is going to end up like Moreno back with DCU.

6. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    contrary to popular opinion, I just don't know if Razov can really cut it in this league anymore as a premier striker. If he finds success at Metros, it will be because of Gaven, Guevara, Djorkaeff, and Ibrahim - not himself.

7. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. Razov if fed enough good passes will get his share of goals. With Djorkaeff and Guevara on theteam he might do well in NY.

8. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    FYP :)

9. BillQ

BillQ New Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago, IL
    I think Steve has set a record for most Red Cards in BS history.

10. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    A hattrick is still a hattrick. And two of the three were high quality finishes. Besides Jacqua is winning balls, keeping possession and plays pretty well off of Rolfe. Could it be that he's just getting better?

*said with fingers crossed*

11. futbolfirefan

futbolfirefan Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Chicago
    This was most evident during the last game. Actually that game was the only time Ive seen what youre talking about. Half the time he falls over the ball, misses key headers, and wallops every shot.

12. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Abbe Ibrahim is doing pretty decent, and he'll do the running for Razov. Could be dangerous.

13. Bigdudeduke

Bigdudeduke New Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Chicago Suburbs
    As much as I want to see Ratso fail, I have to admit your observation could be accurate. During the high scoring period of his career with the FIRE, Ratso benefited from the outstanding play of a World Class playmaker, Piotr Nowak. I recall that Piotr's services were so well placed that even a mediocre striker could have put them away. Actually, the pressure to perform in New York is not only on Ratso, but also Djorkaeff. The question is as a respected European veteran, can Djorkaeff duplicate the level of perfection that Nowak provided to Ratso? If the Frenchman succeeds, Ratso will score – he knows how to find space and run into it. However, if Djorkaeff fails, will we be treated to seeing Ratso pout and sulk again? Will his outbursts of frustration put Bradley on his ass this time? Oh, by the way, in case you forget: Nate = 4 goals; Ratso = 1 goal.

14. Bigdudeduke

Bigdudeduke New Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Chicago Suburbs
    It is with great pleasure that I announce the following results for 061205: Nate = 5 goals; Metro Ratso = 1. Thank You. :)

15. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Re: Nate vs Ante season long scoring thread [R]

So, as of tonight, Nate is sitting at +8 over Herron in this bet. Nate's 4 goal lead over Herron on the 2005 stat sheet, plus the 4 goal spread Steve gave me, produces that 8 goal margin.

One thing I learned though, in preparing this post: people should really re-read this thread from start to cover. It's very interesting.

16. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Add to that the fact that Sanneh has now started three straight games in what looks like a solid back-line. I haven't been overwhelmed by his play, but he's making Jim Curtin fight for his spot for the first time in what, 4 years?

17. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    que? I'm not sure this is in the right thread, but to answer you, I think Curtin hasn't had to fight since midway through the 2001 season. So yeah, pretty much 4 years. Change can be good.

18. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How freaky is this? Nate Jaqua is on the Scoring Leaders chart...and is only two goals off the leader. Hell hath frozen over methinks.

19. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sanneh was traded for Ante, so I think discussion of his play should be within the bounds of this thread, especially considering Nate was already with the team. Otherwise, I think we agree.

20. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    Good point.

21. upupnaway20

upupnaway20 New Member

Aug 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Hmmm.....me wonders if I should buy him for my fantasy team. I bet he's cheap!!

22. creative_destruction

Nov 28, 2003
    Chicago
    His price has made huge jumps lately (+66,000) yesterday, so he's not that cheap anymore, but then we are playing tomorrow, so might be worth it (I've already got him).

23. helmzgk

helmzgk New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    california
    Nate's scored in three straight games now. Both Herron and Razov have a little catching up to do. Five goals in 3 games, pretty crazy.

24. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI
    How many of our 6 losses has Sarachan been primarily to blame for?

Compare that number to Ante goals.

25. Bigdudeduke

Bigdudeduke New Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Chicago Suburbs
    It is with great pleasure that I announce the following results for 061605: Nate = 6 goals; Metro Ratso = 1. Thank You. :)