Nate vs Ante season long scoring thread

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by Soccer&Sinatra, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Soccer&Sinatra

Soccer&Sinatra Red Card

Jan 13, 2005
    Ante 1 Nate 0

Lets see if the utter genius of the Fire coaching staff shows through. My bet is Ante wipes the goal posts with Nates ass as a striker this season. Showing the utter stupidty of Dave S to the rest of check writers in MLS.
    Ante and Andy get dumped and we keep Nate and Griffin. WHOOO HOOO

Just brilliant

2. Saeyddthe

Saeyddthe Member

Sep 5, 2003
    St. Looney ^the CB&J
    You know, I think maybe Chicago fans are a little too accepting of the "Second City" title.

That kind of attitude leads to "Second Place"... Or "Last Place"...

YAY! Let's be loyal, and all that ********.
    If this doesn't turn around, I'm done.
    I don't care who the ******** you are, if you can't get it up for winning, I have no respect for you.

I can support a team that doesn't win, but I can't support a loser.

3. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm sure you realize your comparison is unfair, but how about this.

We hold a tally of goals that Ante scores Vs. the number of goals scored by players taking his spot in the first 11. So for tonight, it would be Nate, who didn't score. Next week, it may be Rolfe, or Barrett, or Reiter. Basically, who ever lines up next to Herron. It would be fun to see how much, or even if, we lost anything by improving our defence.

Ante .... Fire
    - 1 ----- 0 -

Actually, I might make this a feature in a column I'm going to submit to Section8Chicago

If I don't suck, you might be seeing it there.

4. swedcrip34

swedcrip34 New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    How about keeping a Nate vs Kelly Gray running tally

and we have Gray with an early lead ...

I think this is going to be a close one

at least I'm putting him up against an animate object, a player on the same team at that. I think I'm being more than fair.

5. Soccer&Sinatra

Soccer&Sinatra Red Card

Jan 13, 2005

He he he. You can put it anywhere you want as long as you promise to have a scoring race with a lampost vs Nate Jacqua. I also want you guys to keep track of how many times he falls down during a game when he is about to recieve the ball. His first touch yesterday on the front line and bamm, the freaking kid is on the ground. I swear man Its hysterical to watch.

Its an offical drinking game at some of the watch parties. Because its almost for certain to get you hammered. I have seen more grace and poise and stability from a new born giraffe than Nate.

I am sure you guys think I am being too harsh but I am telling you now Daves love affair with Nate, which is bordering on homosexual at this point is going to bury us this year.

(Now this all goes out the window if we actually go ahead and sign a forward who has a nut sack instead of a vagina!)

Frankie

6. DrBobC

DrBobC Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Burton upon Trent
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he trips over his tampon string. Him and Justin use the same brand.

7. Soccer&Sinatra

Soccer&Sinatra Red Card

Jan 13, 2005

Good call. I think its "the coaches choice" brand that they use.

Nate to Dave "Daddy, why do women douche?"

Dave to Nate "I dont know... why dont you ask the pelicans that are following you!"

8. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You honestly think Mia Hamm couldn't do better than Nate?

9. If a lamp post is hit with a perfect cross the ball will head toward goal. Make it a fair comparison.

Nate vs.

[​IMG]

10. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    ******** the pope ******** nate jaqua and ******** this thread.

11. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    haha, you said you deleted your BS username.

12. futbolfirefan

futbolfirefan Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Nates Goals Vs Nate falling down Vs Nates exposed white ass at cardinal stadium
    0 - 38 - 1

13. Iceblink

Iceblink Member

Oct 11, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

14. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    I'm not sure why everyone hates Jaqua so much. He looked very dangerous in the first half of the Dallas game. In the second half he was invisible, but he got no service. He's pretty good with the ball at his feet for a big guy.

15. futbolfirefan

futbolfirefan Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Chicago
    I'll always love that picture.

16. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's mostly a cumulative thing.

Anyway, we don't hate him per se but we wish he was more effective in scoring goals rather than heading balls directly into Scott Garlick's waiting gut. This is really Nate's make-or-break year where he must justify his roster spot by doing something other than being tall. So far, after just one game of course, the needle on the Nate-O-Meter is firmly in the "Break" zone.

17. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    I WAS INCORRECT SIR! also i am a slut.

18. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Strikers incapable of scoring tend to upset the fans.

I'll admit that Nate has improved steadily, but I'm afraid that only gets him him from laughable to infuriating. And on Saturday, Nate was highly visible in minute 90 when he headed over the bar from 3 yards out.

In my opinion, Nate should have been converted to central defense 10 years ago.

19. Soccer&Sinatra

Soccer&Sinatra Red Card

Jan 13, 2005

Good point, she is probably slower than Nate but she can definately score. regardless of what kind of field it is, baseball, soccer or satin sheet field.

Ahhhhhh.

20. Soccer&Sinatra

Soccer&Sinatra Red Card

Jan 13, 2005

How come I picture you and Dave sitting at a bar together having this discussion?

21. LSDFireFan

LSDFireFan Member

Sep 4, 2002
    That was Barrett, but in his defense, the defender in front of him barely grazed the ball and changed the flight of the ball. I couldn't believe he missed it when I first saw it, but the replay clearly showed the defender slightly deflecting the ball. Barrett had no chance to adjust.

22. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Ok. Per usual, I'm completely wrong on all accounts.

I thought Barrett had served that ball in for Jacqua.

23. futbolfirefan

futbolfirefan Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Re: Nate vs Ante season long scoring thread [R]

Ok that was an own goal and not Nates so he should get a negative 1 because he took the credit.

24. kebzach

kebzach Member

Dec 30, 2000
    Greenfield, WI

It was an own goal, but you have to give Nate credit for being an active type of player tonight. By doing so, he created that goal, one way or another.

25. futbolfirefan

futbolfirefan Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Chicago

Oye. watching nate run and seeing his arms flap around like hes a penguin driving a semi was painful to watch. he cant finish and it was only by luck that that own goal happened. if he had in fact got a head on that ball it would have probably went over the cross bar.