Natasha Kai

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by geewizzz, May 7, 2009.

1. geewizzz

geewizzz Member

Sep 4, 2008
    What has happened to her. Anybody know? Is it a dip in form? She is not even starting for Sky Blue at the moment so it is no wonder she is not in the WNT.

2. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, she missed the start vs Chicago b/c of a concussion received in the previous game (or at least that was what the announcers said and she did play a half).

But really, does anyone know what's going on w/ SkyBlue in general? On or off the field?

3. geewizzz

geewizzz Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Not sure. At the beggining and after the draft people were pretty happy with the team. Its early days yet though. Some of their players have impressed me.

4. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This might not be the right thread, but I am interested in your evaluation of the team. Have you seen more than just the televised game? I haven't so I don't have a ton of info on which to judge (the short clips don't give much info on overall play).

There has been a lot of talk about Gabarra's coaching skills (or lack of same) in the Freedom forum but then again, they've been on tv a lot. I wonder if the other former WUSA coach in the league was having similar problems. Or are the issues not related to formation/coaching so much as new team adjustment issues//lack of a distributor or particular players under performing?

5. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is surprising about Kai because she was amazing as a sub for the USWNT. Brought energy and fire out there and Kai had the highest scoring average among all USWNT players!! So it is surprising she's not doing that well. WPS competition must be generally harder than most international teams.

Who can forget that time when Kai came on as a sub for the USWNT and scored a badly needed goal with time running out? You recall who they played?

6. Mkat

Mkat New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Canada perhaps?

7. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the today's Star Ledgar, Kai suffered a quad contusion in the Sol game, and is questionable for Sat.'s game at Washington.

8. PalmyBeach27

PalmyBeach27 New Member

Sep 20, 2007
    is she playing today?

9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I think she's playing today.

Nice of her teammate to help her pop the shoulder back into place...:eek:

10. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    She had a nice goal and additional good play. She looked gassed about 5 min b/f she came off. As for the shoulder thing shudders I'm surprised she isn't in a shoulder brace since it seems to be coming out w/ ease. Those braces can be a bit restrictive but plenty of bball players have worn them w/ success. Candace Parker for one.

11. Crazyhorse

Crazyhorse Member

Dec 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice goal by Kai today, great to see. Hopefully there will be many more.

12. westcoastfan

westcoastfan New Member

May 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    I'm not a huge Kai fan but definitely have a new found respect for her after so calmly having her shoulder yanked back into place & staying on the field. impressive.

13. lockhart_13

lockhart_13 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    She had shoulder surgery in 2005. I'm not sure which one or what they did.

14. Stepup

Stepup New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Congratulations to Sky Blue. It's good to have them home and at Yurcak. Like I said before " no one superstar but they can play with anyone".

15. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i saw some tasha kai photo , posted by one of her friend.....this girl(miss kai) she is CRAZY!!!! lmao.....even more crazy than i was thinking ,i hope than no one will see this pic , cause it will be very very embarrassing......but she 's still my favourite player.

16. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

17. Mkat

Mkat New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think part of Kai's slow start to the WPS season was Ian Sawyer. Hoping her two goals to this point will help get her going, and she'll find herself on the WNT roster for July. Hopefully the shoulder gets sorted out- that was a bit off putting to watch her teammate yank the shoulder back into place. Yikes!

18. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    lol...believe me is better than you don't see the pic.....it will be so embarassing for tasha ;)

19. lockhart_13

lockhart_13 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Oh my, according to Tash's myspace page she is single again. A bitter ex on a posting rampage could be a bad thing for her personally, but I'm not sure I'd be shocked by much of anything she may or may not have done at some point in her life.

20. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Then why mention it? :confused:

21. lockhart_13

lockhart_13 Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Romario'sgurl is right cryptic references to things you can't or won't back up will get you in trouble around BS.

22. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Whatever that pick was I don't care. Natasha Kai has personality, something we need in the WPS. I like her. I think she is good for womens pro soccer. As long as she's not doing something illegal, taking steroids, etc.

23. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I'm not even a big fan of the chick..but the "covert" attempt to "destroy" someone's rep via a message board is lame and vindictive.

24. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Don't tell me WPS_Movement came back with a sock puppet :p

Anyway, 3rded, 4thed...

25. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Now I definitely want pictures.