Natasha Kai to tell her 2009 story?

Discussion in 'USA Women: News and Analysis' started by ForeverLOST108, Jan 31, 2012.

1. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well in light of Masar's blog.. Tasha Kai has some interesting tweets:

https://twitter.com/#!/tasha_kai00

Umm, who even knew that this story was serious? Or is Kai just trying to get attention?

2. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No offense but, can she just post it first before a thread is made about it? Especially here. She's not a part of the team.

That said when she does spill, I will be accepting Visas, Mastercards, Popeye's gift cards and coupons, and an iPad. If you choose to vindicate me and her by check, please make it out to Mookie.

3. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Tasha, please post your blog. The truth needs to come out about this "Good Ole Girls Club" we call the USWNT.

4. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I always thought it was girlfriend troubles and bringing unnecessary drama and bad soccer play to the team that made the coach dislike her and kick her out (which, if it is just that, seems reasonable to me). Guess we'll have to see if she finally finishes writing that blog post.

5. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    Kai is the female version of Mario Balotelli, with way less talent.

Not worth the trouble.

6. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    so, kai went from dissing dan to the NT now. hahaha. magicDan brings out the best in everyone, doesnt he? where abby, her and pia after the same chick, or you (press, engen, and beck) can't make the team unless pia can hit on you? i guess we'll have to put up with this stuff instead of a wps season. hey, like i said to someone, i still dont trust fitz. i wonder who pushed the other owners to kill 2012 :confused:

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Tasha Kai has more talent then half the USWNT they have now.

9. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    Not at forward.

10. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    She's more talented than Amy.

11. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    I guess something happened and she is not talking yet?

https://twitter.com/#!/tasha_kai00

12. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    As much as the public is dying to hear what happened, it may be very personal and if spoken about it had to be done so in a professional and careful manner. I won't open the double standard can of worms so I won't stomp around about that.

I would love to hear what happened because I know I could take it and not react negatively, but if keeping it to herself is in her best interest then I fully support that decison. Which relates to my earlier post about could we at least see if she says anything to blow it up into a thread.

13. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, it seems there are a ton of people out there (there=internets) that *really* don't like Kai for some reason. And will take whatever opportunity they can to slam her. I don't get the level of disdain. Her "telling all" could *really* blow up in her face for whatever future career plans she's got. Unlike Masar, she does not currently have a soccer job.

14. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have no idea what she's talking about with regard to male athletes. They don't talk publicly about team inter-personal stuff, period. They may do it within the confines of the team itself -- such as superstar players trying to control some management decisions including about coaches and players -- but I don't recall them talking publicly about it or complaining publicly about it either.

15. Namdynamo

Namdynamo Member+

Jan 1, 2005
    Nope.

And ARod is no longer a forward.

16. alckz

alckz Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    just in time too, otherwise she woulda topped robbie findley for miss of the year awards...

17. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
  18. Katreus

Katreus Member

Jul 3, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sundhage herself is openly out and has spoken how she likes that no one makes a big deal of it. Why would she have a problem with Kai being a lesbian?

19. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    Oh OK.

I just referred to Kai's quote.

I'm leaning then towards this angle: there is something just personal between Kai and Wambach, if Pia is not the issue.

What is known is Kai does not want to be in the USWNT.

20. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    i'm sure she wants to be on the uswnt to play for her country.

she just can't stand somebody or some people on the team, and they probably can't stand her either.

and even tho pia may be out, she may still not like kai because she is the "wrong kind of lesbian" for a "wholesome" allamerican women's team and its sponsors.

21. SCCL

SCCL Member

Oct 31, 2001
    Wow, if one angle doesn't work let's throw another one out there?! For criminy sake people, let's just accept the fact that we don't know instead of seeing how much shit we can throw on the wall and how much of it will stick!!!

22. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    ]

This.

The advent of the internet seems to have generated these weird illusions as a byproduct:

Because we can find out so many things at the drop of a whim, we tend to think

first-- that they are all true.

And second-- that if we cannot find something out, there must be someone hiding something awful.

23. usa3por2ft

usa3por2ft Member

Oct 15, 2002
    in exile
    Club:
    Millwall FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, that. Restricted to forwards, 100%.

24. StarCityFan

StarCityFan BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 2, 2001
    Greenbelt, MD
    Club:
    Washington Freedom
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kai has apparently deleted her Twitter account since the link no longer works. Any idea what she's up to these days? Is she playing somewhere?

25. Mookie141

Mookie141 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Mooktown
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Not that I know of. I wouldn't be surprised if she tried Rugby again.