NASL - sales force

Discussion in 'NASL' started by IceFunk, Apr 21, 2015.

1. IceFunk

IceFunk Member

Oct 22, 2005
    Beaverton, Oregon
    I wasn't sure where else to post this, so I thought I would start a new thread...

One thing I do like that MLS does, is that they have a National Sales Center. Yes, MLS is single entity and shares revenue and what not....and while NASL is pretty much independent franchises faring for themselves.

....but why couldn't NASL put a little money start a sales force operation. I feel like a lot of franchises would benefit from having trained sales people work the phones to try and fill these stadiums. It doesn't need to be a HUGE operation like the NSC, but I would think an office dedicated to selling tickets would be beneficial.

Thoughts?

2. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They would have to agree to share the cost, it is easier for MLS with the cash calls and the National TV deals.

It is a lot more difficult with independent owners that do not share much (if any) in terms of revenues / cost allocation.

So it would not work IMO.

3. MLSinSTL

MLSinSTL Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Mar 20, 2009
    Ohio - near a city
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, this is an interesting idea. It is housed up in Minnesota IIRC at the facility used by Minn U in Blaine. I thought that Minnesota has used these folks in the past, but I could be wrong too. I also think this was the league idea when they hired PMI to help teams with their sales side. Of course, that did not last too long.

4. 4four4

4four4 Member+

Nov 13, 2013
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    Great idea! They should place it in Blaine.