NASL on FIFA

Discussion in 'NASL' started by Eleven Bravo, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been a fan of the game since I was a kid back in the 90's, and although, I haven't been able to play the game really since FIFA 09, I still wonder about the possibility of having the NASL on FIFA? In my mind, this would help continue the growth of the NASL and help with its relevance.

Lucho305 repped this.
  2. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Creation Center allows you to make whatever team you want and download it to your console.

I've had the NASL/USLPro and some other minor league teams from the US on their for a while and have created a TRUE NASL with the Mexican teams as well. Pretty fun actually.

3. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes there are Creation Centre clubs & tournaments to use. Sadly you cannot use them as NASL teams with fantasy prom/rel with MLS.

4. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Absolutely can.

You can swap teams between leagues. That's how I made my "true NASL" ... pro/rel and all.

5. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes you can swap a Creation Centre made NASL team into say League 1 in England and get promoted/relegated but you can't play in a league actually called NASL and get "promoted" to MLS. At best you can just swap a CC NASL club into MLS, for say Chivas, and then just play MLS.

Not the same thing.

EDIT If I am wrong, I will gladly accept that and be very appreciative of how thats possible. But I haven't yet seen how you can.

6. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No, I can't name the league the NASL ... that's about it though.

However, once you've swapped in your created clubs .... you can then swap them with clubs in other leagues. Meaning, you can take all of the MLS clubs, Liga MX clubs, and created clubs and replace the English pyramid.

You can also download created tournaments named whatever you want with whatever teams you want.

bullsear repped this.
  7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, Hail, has there been a surge in investment in your NASL? And has the national team done better because of it?

8. AmeriSnob

AmeriSnob Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Queens
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Club takeovers in FIFA are completely random. In my game RSL got new owners twice and outspend some European powerhouses and dominate MLS every year.

9. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Here's a my NASL creation center project I've been working on for the last few months. Sadly I had to delete the original version thanks to a creation center bug, but alas, here's version 2.0.

Being the stickler for accuracy that I am, I'm trying to keep the rosters as up to the minute as possible. Accordingly, this is updated almost daily. Enjoy.

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/creation-centre?league_id=164335942

10. HailtotheKing

HailtotheKing Member+

San Antonio FC
    United States
    Dec 1, 2008
    TEXAS
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oddly enough the first two clubs that got taken over where Chiapas and my Scorpions :sneaky:

The first time I did it I played through 10 seasons and the only other non MLS/Liga MX club to get taken over was .... the freaking Wilmington Hammerheads ... yeah.

The National team failed miserably in the first WC ... and then made the semis in the second one (with about an 80% domestic league make up).

11. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    So here's some useless knowledge about my NASL team creations on FIFA.

Number of downloads as of today:
    Atlanta--85
    Carolina--53
    New York--52
    Tampa Bay--36
    Minnesota--34
    San Antonio--28
    Edmonton--26
    Ft. Lauderdale--19

GaSouthern and GoDawgsGo repped this.
  12. CHHSfan

CHHSfan Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to thank you, the chance to play with an accurate NASL is great.

13. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Trust me, the pleasure is all mine. Dating back to my days of playing Baseball Simulator 1.000 on the original Nintendo, I have always loved being able to customize games and do it as realistically as possible.

Making the NASL as close to 100% accurate as possible has been somewhat hard since there isn't a ton of information available for many of the players, but rest assured that I've tried to be as true to real life as I can. With that in mind, feedback is always appreciated!

Emperor Adriano and edwardgr repped this.
  14. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would also like to thank blkbrnrvr & HailtotheKing. Great stuff.

HailtotheKing repped this.
  15. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Thanks. Praise from an Autobot is the best praise. :D

16. Brother Badgerjohn

Oct 16, 2000
    Okie City
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Football Manager files are also out there. You CAN create leagues and customize the pro/rel formats. As of now, Carolina, Oklahoma City and Ft. Lauderdale are in MLS and Chivas San Andreas, Chicago and Colorado are in NASL, while Harrisburg just got promoted from USL Pro.

And even create non-player personalities. Like a journalist from Arizona named "Kenn"

17. bullsear

bullsear Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    If only FIFA had the rights to more countries with second and third tiers. Thanks for all your hard work.

I've often wondered if it would be worth the league's while to encourage their teams to create models for their actual players using Game Face and Creation Center. I know that releasing a "league sanctioned" team or set of teams might toe the line legally speaking, but I know a ton of fans would appreciate the opportunity. And it would be a great piece of publicity to be able to say, "Just go online and download our team for FIFA!"

Plus Game Face is pretty easy to use if you have a fast enough computer. Put an intern on it and you could knock out models for a starting lineup in a day or two (stats would obviously take a lot longer).

Ah, a boy can dream. Until that day, thanks again for putting together such an excellent league.

18. edwardgr

edwardgr Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I miss BB Sim 1000. Summer freshmen year I guided my custom team to a 165-0 season record. I played as a team with no ultras in a league against only teams with ultras, my home stadium was Harbor Stadium. Good times....

19. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
  20. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Really? Weird. Just like on here, it's blkbrnrvr.

HailtotheKing and SoccerPrime repped this.
  22. amancalledmikey

Oct 27, 2003
    I have a bindle at this point...
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    How do these teams match up against MLS teams? Are they a genuine step down?

23. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The realistic ones have the players generally lower ranked than MLS players, 50-60 range, with some exceptions. There are crazies out there that have the players all ranked above MLS or even BPL.
    Blkbrnrvr generally does a good job.

24. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    The rubric I tend to use for players leads to the best players in the league checking in at around 65, average players being a bit below that, and perpetual bench players being somewhere in the fifties. There are some outliers to this, such as Ayoze being a 66 due to being a recent La Liga player. Marcos Senna is a 77, but that's due to the fact that he was a licensed player on FIFA 13 I imported into the Cosmos and was rated as such by EA.

As things stand, there isn't much separation in the overall team ratings throughout the league, but that seems to be in concert with the results we see every week and the table. The Cosmos are 63 overall, the likes of Tampa Bay, Carolina and Atlanta are 62 overall, while San Antonio and Edmonton are 61. For the sake of comparison, EA has Chivas USA at 64 overall, whereas Seattle is 70.

I'm sure there are some ratings here and there people would argue about, but so goes soccer and the debates we have about players and teams. Still, as I mentioned earlier on the thread, I've tried to make things as realistic as possible while also preserving the personality of the teams and the league. Hopefully you guys have had some fun using my league! :thumbsup:

bullsear and ceezmad repped this.
  25. blkbrnrvr

blkbrnrvr Member

Mar 2, 2003
    Auburn metro
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    HailtotheKing repped this.