Nashville roll call

Discussion in 'USA Men: Fans & Travel' started by JeremyEritrea, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Theonefish

Theonefish Member

Jul 28, 2008
    Greenville SC
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I may hunt for some lot K tailgating. I'm hoping to get there shortly after 5 CST, and traveling too far and too alone to set up my own rig.

2. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    T&T fans are having an after party at the Fuel night club tomorrow.
    You are all welcomed to join us. USA might have our number in soccer, but no one parties like Trini's :D

3. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

some of my coworkers were at fuel last friday....i may stop by...but ima be red white and blued out though:D

4. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    I will be flying out in a few hours. I have run into one dilemma though. With no hotel and my schedule looking like airport-game-airport, I have nowhere to put my one bag (as well as my brother's) during the game. I know they do not have lockers at the stadium, so what can I do? Any recommendations?

5. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn thats kinda iffy since your flying out in a few hours. your coming from south florida so the trip won't be that long you'll be here in the morning sometime...which gives you all day to basicly kill time...hmmmm. unless you just want to walk around downtown and the the whole tourist thing. thats all i can suggest. unless you want to pay for a motel or something

6. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    I just need a place where we can safely leave our bags for a couple of hours while we enjoy the game. I would typically trust a random stranger to allow us to leave our bags with him, but this time I am taking my laptop. :eek:

7. Brandinho

Brandinho Member

None
    United States
    Feb 22, 2007
    New Jersey
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gee slick move bud. Yeah these are the kinds of things you decide a few hours before you leave. It's not too late, just leave the laptop at home, if you're flying somewhere for leisure for a day theres really nothing important to the point where you have to have a laptop.

8. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yea like brandinho said you might want to leave the laptop at home since your only gonna be gone fora day or so.....but if you got work you need to do thats urget then i can see hw you would bring a laptop. and since you got an early morning flight you probably might fall asleep on the flight...what do you have a red eye flight?

9. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    No, I leave at 7 AM and after a stop in Tampa, I will arrive in Nashville at 11. I leave Nashville on Thursday morning at 7 AM.

I want to take the laptop to do some work as well as to have something do to when I am in the airport.

A friend recommended going to an airport-hotel and checking the bags there? Not sure how that works....

10. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    why not just get a cheap hotel? use priceline, you can get something for under $50

11. thethinwhiteduke

Feb 13, 2008
    having been to Trinidad for the US matches there (the most recent being in October) i can confirm that nobody parties like the Trini's!! great time, ill stop by Fuel tonight after the match!!

12. Haig

Haig Member+

May 14, 2000
    METROSTARS
    Club:
    --other--
    I may live in Nashville now but I used to live in Crown Heights and I miss the soca (and the roti) every day. I'll make sure to roll by, thank you for the invite.

13. Jondi10

Jondi10 Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Rome, GA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Today is the big day! Who's pumped?! My Crew and I are headed out right after I get done giving a speech. Should give us enough time to grab a few drinks before the game.

14. ussoccer_fan

ussoccer_fan New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All i have to say. people from Nashville are great, We had a good time last night bar hopping getting drunk. See yall at the game.

15. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'm pumped...got my flags, gear and everything ready to roll out after my last class today....:D

16. normal molly

normal molly New Member

Mar 20, 2008
    I'll be taking the bus downtown to head to McFadden's post work. Most excited.

17. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm headed down in the next few minutes. I can't wait! It's a quick 3 hr. drive usually with no hassle. Plus, I get to see some family and friends. It will be fun screaming and chanting my head off in Sam's section. It will be a great time.

18. lambretta76

lambretta76 New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Brooklyn, USA
    I've been off the boards for a while, but I'll be at the game tonight, representing from Brooklyn, NY.

I'll be wearing my Be The Reds shirt I bought during the US v S. Korea game in Taegu.

19. brianasher

brianasher Member

Sep 22, 2005
    KY
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    leaving work soon to head downtown and eat/drink :)

see you guys in the army! oh, and m vann, we got coach cal!!! haha ;)

20. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hanging out in McFadden's on my second beer already

21. AudereEstFacere

Aug 11, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Heading out in about half an hour, Jonny, can't wait! Hopefully we'll get a few drinks ++++ before the game and get Alex wasted on his 21st before the game!

22. Prime Time

Prime Time Member

May 1, 2004
    South Florida
    I had a good time at the game today. Not as fun as Ohio, but still a good time. See some of you in Chicago in June. :)

23. IncredibleStan1

Feb 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes i did enjoy myself at the match. hahaha it got pretty loud and chaotic around section 111 coming out of the game when the trinidad people playing the drums and stuff came out..the USA and Trinidad fans chanting at each other....good time good times

24. JeremyEritrea

JeremyEritrea Member+

Jun 29, 2006
    Takoma Park, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man that was a BLAST!!!

Thanks Nashville. What a great city. I'll be coming back.

25. Jondi10

Jondi10 Member

Sep 1, 2007
    Rome, GA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had an amazing time at the match last night. I hope the Southeast gets some more games so I can go to more. It was an incredible crowd full of great people. If anyone saw the group of guys doing the "Oh USA Is Wonderful" chant after the game that was my group.