NASA Night with the Houston Dynamo - Aug 2 vs Columbus Crew

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Dynamo_Forever, Jul 25, 2008.

1. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Saw this at work and wanted to pass along...

NASA Night with the Houston Dynamo
    NASA team members are invited to watch the two-time Major League Soccer champions Houston Dynamo take on the Columbus Crew for a discounted price of $17 per ticket. The game starts at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 2 at the University of Houston Robertson Stadium. Don't forget to wear your NASA 50th anniversary shirt and display your NASA pride.

Game attendees and their families can also visit NASA's booth, pick up some NASA giveaways and catch JSC's inflatable astronaut mascot Cosmo before the game starting at 5:30 p.m. as part of the "Soccer Fest" pre-game festivities in front of the stadium's main entrance. Employees are also welcome to make their own signs and bring them to the game.

2. Lark Howorth

Lark Howorth Member

Nov 18, 1999
    Houston, TX
    I've got my regular black 50th anniversary NASA T-shirt that everybody got down at JSC, but it would cool to have an orange one.

3. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    I'll bring my Martian Friend with my extra ticket

4. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If any night for a Dynamo home match would be perfect for tifo with flares and smoke it would be when we have the NASA folks over. We should be able to turn that mo'fo Stadium into an Orange smoke filled launch pad at the walk out and anthem.

DYK The NASA Space Shuttles only have a few trips left in them. They are being phased out for the next gen of NASA tech. Years ago an old Oilers jersey was comemerated with the # 44 IIRC and symbolic of NASA's 44th Space Shuttle mission. That was back in '90 and would be cool if the very last NASA Shuttle mission that last crew took a Dynamo jersey with #100 on it or whatever # of trips they are at these final years.

While talking about massive government spending to explore outter space when we don't even hold command over our own ocean floors, can the NASA folks make a beer that is broken down into a powder and condensed to small packets please. Small packets that if you just add water, you end up getting like 3 gallons of beer. I'm sure they have this shit on lock with that Tang powder.

5. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    [​IMG]Marvin says Dale Dynamo!

6. El Naranja

El Naranja Member+

Sep 5, 2006
    Alief
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I heard that the new tech is asking Waibel to kick the shuttles into space :cool:

7. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    i'll bring my 'special lady friend' with mine:

[​IMG]

8. The Prophet

The Prophet Member

Sep 9, 2003
    Big P, Texas
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Should I ware my Darth Vader Mask and sit with the Battallon Vader is from space?

9. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't forget the Dynamo orange diapers!

10. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was hoping this thread would stay a little more positive rather than a buncha jokes about NASA.....to each their own I guess.

11. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    jajajajajajajajajaja. this is big soccer and you expected positive, constructive posts. jajajajajajaja.

also in case you haven't noticed our Houston posters tend to lean toward the "we don't take ourselves to serious" type....which is a very good thing. if you don't believe me trying reading the Columbus Crew boards for a while.

ps - thank everyone at JSC for keeping me safe from these guys:D:

[​IMG]